• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking up all the voices he's done, and I totally forgot he was Firelord Ozai.

I was just about to mention that. I also didn't realize he was both the Joker and Solomon Grundy in the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series. I mean, he was obviously the Joker, but I didn't know about Grundy.

He was also in at least two Miyazaki films, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind as a fairly minor character and Castle in the Sky as the villain Muska.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QGjesVL.jpg

GOD DAMMIT!

I'm the only one in the arena and I get showered with glass!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not ashamed to admit it. When Magic and Bird were meeting in the finals, and Jordan was doing his thing, the game was exciting.

The article I linked is about Pearl Jam wishing Blaylock a speedy recovery, as they have a unique connection to the man.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]kxYrdNd5-7Q[/YOUTUBE]

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn something new every day

hoser - Wiktionary

hoser (plural hosers)

(Canada, slang) Back when Hockey was played on frozen ponds and lakes the losers of the hockey game would have to hose the lakes to become clean, smooth ice. They were tagged "Hosers".

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn something new every day

hoser - Wiktionary

hoser (plural hosers)

(Canada, slang) Back when Hockey was played on frozen ponds and lakes the losers of the hockey game would have to hose the lakes to become clean, smooth ice. They were tagged "Hosers".

Something else you probably didn't know: hosers were usually pressed to hurry up with their work so that the next period could begin. This would often lead to the hoses getting tangled up and would cause longer delays. Obviously, this would lead to mutual frustration on the part of the hockey players and the hosers alike. One time, a hoser snapped back at a hockey player and the hockey player responded with, "Oh, don't get your panty hosers in a bunch." Over the years, the letter "r" in "hosers" was dropped. Eventually, the word was removed altogether from today's common phrase.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else you probably didn't know: hosers were usually pressed to hurry up with their work so that the next period could begin. This would often lead to the hoses getting tangled up and would cause longer delays. Obviously, this would lead to mutual frustration on the part of the hockey players and the hosers alike. One time, a hoser snapped back at a hockey player and the hockey player responded with, "Oh, don't get your panty hosers in a bunch." Over the years, the letter "r" in "hosers" was dropped. Eventually, the word was removed altogether from today's common phrase.

I like it, but higgy says :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.