• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way this thread has turned.

Asia-Argento-breasts.jpg

anyone know if that angel in the tattoo is extremely bow legged?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I thought the first three movies of Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead) are great. Night is probably the best and has nostalgia value. I haven't seen enough of Land of the Dead to give it a rating.

His political views in Diary make little sense. I liked Survival. It was pretty much Western Family grudge meets zombies. The only problem I have with Romero movies is characters doing dumb things such as the girl in survival walking up to her twin sister's zombie and allowing it to bite her.

I read a book about 70s horror films called "Shock Value: How a Few Eccentric Outsiders Gave Us Nightmares, Conquered Hollywood, and Invented Modern Horror " a few months ago and it had a chapter on Romero. It mentioned how everyone thought and usually praised that he had a bunch of political symbolism in 'Night' and he said he did not. He was just trying to make a cheap scary movie.

I didn't see "Diary" - I am not saying that is the case with it, your post just reminded me of a part in the book I thought was funny.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scientist took blood samples from everyone didn't he? My guess was that Rick's wife is pregnant, but I cannot see why Rick almost radioed that to his friend nor why he has not brought it up with her yet so I am not sure if thats my theory any longer. \

yeah I could see why he would have the look he did considering he was in a coma :/ someone has some splaining to do

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a book about 70s horror films called "Shock Value: How a Few Eccentric Outsiders Gave Us Nightmares, Conquered Hollywood, and Invented Modern Horror " a few months ago and it had a chapter on Romero. It mentioned how everyone thought and usually praised that he had a bunch of political symbolism in 'Night' and he said he did not. He was just trying to make a cheap scary movie.

I didn't see "Diary" - I am not saying that is the case with it, your post just reminded me of a part in the book I thought was funny.

I saw an interview when George Talked about Land of the Dead and he talked about how each of his movies had a theme but didnt talk about Night of the Living Dead being about Race Issues and it sort of developed that way. he meant to do it but didnt I guess

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My mom has a very similar tattoo. She says it symbolizes me, her little angel, being birthed from her loins.

your mom's tattoo has a bit more colour in the wings, if I recall correctly.

:dance: :laugh:

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well In Diary there are just random parts of the movie where the actor will go ahead and start criticizing the media and state how now they are a part of it instead of watching it. I get what Romero wants from these scenes. He is pointing out how insensitive the media can make humans to suffering, etc. The whole movie is basically a character filming the entire events. Still, I think it just destracted from the story and was annoying. There was also too much whining from the other characters about the guy who was filming it (why not actually talk about the zombie apocalypse? All they talk about is the camera).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well? anyone see last nights? This Happy Little Family story sure took a turn to the dark now didnt it..........

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at first I thought Shane had a bite mark on his head

cant wait for next week ... what the fuck is that thing in the well and why the hell are they going down there

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at first I thought Shane had a bite mark on his head

cant wait for next week ... what the fuck is that thing in the well and why the hell are they going down there

SPOILERS

Bloated Walker I guess. Im glad they are going that route with the Zombies. Fun. also I think they are probably looking for Sophia down there.

the way Shane came back I expected he had done something like that. Good of the Many mentality I suppose. but really when will he stop? he almost took out Rick in the first season in teh woods. Will he stop?

getting interesting in his character arc.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the same thing, I was wondering when Shane would be showing signs of turning. Fat Otis is gone though...sad times. Not surprised, the way the comics went you never knew who was going down, there is no loyalty when it comes to zombies and death.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have missed the last two episodes... I will be leaving this thread now before it gets spoiled. :bolt:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have missed the last two episodes... I will be leaving this thread now before it gets spoiled. :bolt:

yeah best to stay out of this one until you get caught up Jeff.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a bit underwhelmed this season so far. Episodes 1 and 3 I found not much really happened except for the ends which were great. Episode 2 was really good. I still think its good, just not quite as good as I hoped. It does look like a bunch of stuff happens next week.