• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they never establish a time frame really for how long it takes to turn.

I thought in the 1st season finale the scientist explained it varies and that the timing of the spark in the brain steam varies, but they've seen between a few hours and maybe a week.

I think the people in the cars were definitely just dead (not zombies) b/c they had clearly been dead a long time. And the group of characters clearly had no fear of them. I don't know what kind of person (much less a whole group of people) all just give up sitting in their car seat though, especially with ample food and water in all the cars. Didn't really make sense.

Any theories on what the scientist whispered to Rick at the end of season 1?

Here's a video with the sound way amplified, you can make out a few words, but I can't get quite all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books you become a zombie regardless of how you die(unless you get shot in the head or something like that). I can't imagine them changing that for the show, because that would take away one of the defining moments of the story.

I don't remember the scientist scene all that well. That whole thing with the CDC wasn't in the book either. They're still not past volume 1 in the show and that's kind of annoying to me. The ending scene in the first book would've been a much better ending to seasons 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its a message that lets Rick know this is ALL over the world on its Our (the CDC) fault....

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He whispered into his ear... "These dumbasses watching this show have no idea that a zombie apocalypse is actually coming. Muahahahahahaha."

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the books you become a zombie regardless of how you die(unless you get shot in the head or something like that). I can't imagine them changing that for the show, because that would take away one of the defining moments of the story.

I don't remember the scientist scene all that well. That whole thing with the CDC wasn't in the book either. They're still not past volume 1 in the show and that's kind of annoying to me. The ending scene in the first book would've been a much better ending to seasons 1.

That is also true of Romero movies. That must be why Romero is on AMC pimping out the show because it is the most like his movies.

Did anyone watch Diary of the Dead last night? Good movie but too preachy at parts.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He whispered into his ear... "These dumbasses watching this show have no idea that a zombie apocalypse is actually coming. Muahahahahahaha."

oh Im ready for that Jeff :)

doesnt everyone have a Zombie plan?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is also true of Romero movies. That must be why Romero is on AMC pimping out the show because it is the most like his movies.

Did anyone watch Diary of the Dead last night? Good movie but too preachy at parts.

Diary wasnt as bad as Survival of the Dead. Survival was terrible. Diary had some really great parts to it (the hospital scene) but just has bad flow to me throughout.

if anyone who likes zombie stuff hasnt scene the original Day of the Dead (in the army bunker) I recommend it as one of his better ones. Its under-rated for sure. hokey as all his are but really well done

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of the bodies in the car where suicides threw the brain. For example the one where the kid got the tools from that man who had clearly shot himself through the head.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I thought the first three movies of Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead) are great. Night is probably the best and has nostalgia value. I haven't seen enough of Land of the Dead to give it a rating.

His political views in Diary make little sense. I liked Survival. It was pretty much Western Family grudge meets zombies. The only problem I have with Romero movies is characters doing dumb things such as the girl in survival walking up to her twin sister's zombie and allowing it to bite her.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course... It would be so AWESOME!!!

my wife is starting to get annoyed with me. She truly sticks to the marriage laws and watches all my bad movies with me and that includes all the zombie flicks. we went through a time where we went through quite a few of them and decided to go out for dinner. she was driving and looked at this house and said nope.... saw another and said nope and saw a costco and said yes that is it. I said what. She said that is where we go when they come. I said who she said the fucking zombies YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME ......

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife is starting to get annoyed with me. She truly sticks to the marriage laws and watches all my bad movies with me and that includes all the zombie flicks. we went through a time where we went through quite a few of them and decided to go out for dinner. she was driving and looked at this house and said nope.... saw another and said nope and saw a costco and said yes that is it. I said what. She said that is where we go when they come. I said who she said the fucking zombies YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME ......

lol, at least she is prepared. :thumb:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the previous owner of my house was a borderline hoarder who owned a landscaping business ... in the garage, he left all sorts of crazy scythes/sickles/machetes/knives and most importantly a large grinder and gas powered generator so I can keep all my weaponry sharp!

he had also left cupboards full of canned foods with expiry dates of 1999 (however, I donated those to the food bank :thumb: ... so I will need to replenish the stock ... watching a couple of episodes of Extreme Couponing should get me back in the game)

all i need is water and some automatic weapons and Im good

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I thought the first three movies of Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead) are great. Night is probably the best and has nostalgia value. I haven't seen enough of Land of the Dead to give it a rating.

His political views in Diary make little sense. I liked Survival. It was pretty much Western Family grudge meets zombies. The only problem I have with Romero movies is characters doing dumb things such as the girl in survival walking up to her twin sister's zombie and allowing it to bite her.

I actually enjoyed Land quite a bit. I mean it had Asia Argento :)

but the movie was actually quite good and had his best actors to date. Dennis Fucking Hopper was in it :) he was so good. It was very successful for him as well and he talked of actually making a sequel to it with the same actors/characters that went to Canada. I really hoped he would do that but I dont think it will happen.

asiaargento_rs.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
automatic weapons and Im good

see that is the first mistake you need semi auto hand guns and shotguns. those are the first line of defense. last line is pick up that chain saw and get your motor running... fully automatic weapons expend too many bullets too fast to be as useful when you have to aim for the head :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see that is the first mistake you need semi auto hand guns and shotguns. those are the first line of defense. last line is pick up that chain saw and get your motor running... fully automatic weapons expend too many bullets too fast to be as useful when you have to aim for the head :)

Im a bad shot ... I do have a cross bow though

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... And god damn that chick is HOT! I want to go to heaven between her legs... I mean, she's got an angel down there.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The scientist took blood samples from everyone didn't he? My guess was that Rick's wife is pregnant, but I cannot see why Rick almost radioed that to his friend nor why he has not brought it up with her yet so I am not sure if thats my theory any longer.

I read and currently read the books but I like that that show doesn't follow it exactly. Kirkman said in interviews he doesnt want it to be exactly what people read, he wants to surprise them too. That scene would have been cool though. The CDC part where they talked about the problem being a global one and how despondent the cdc guy was - was a very creepy addition in my opinion.