• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i enjoyed it. it wasnt as good as the 1st season premier but it was well balanced and the acting as good as before. ending wasnt what I expected. should be interesting to see how they get out of that. (wont spoil here)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an okay episode. Thought there was a lot of filler and it dragged a little. Didn't think it was as good as your average season 1 episode and worries me it may be a sign of things to come.

One moment I thought was terrible - the zombie horde nobody saw. They can see 1/4 or 1/2 mile to the ridge on the road. The guy is on top of the RV with binocs. And they don't notice some 100+ walkers until they are like 100 yards away? That didn't make any sense.

Hope the season gets better. It was still entertaining.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an okay episode. Thought there was a lot of filler and it dragged a little. Didn't think it was as good as your average season 1 episode and worries me it may be a sign of things to come.

One moment I thought was terrible - the zombie horde nobody saw. They can see 1/4 or 1/2 mile to the ridge on the road. The guy is on top of the RV with binocs. And they don't notice some 100+ walkers until they are like 100 yards away? That didn't make any sense.Hope the season gets better. It was still entertaining.

I think that is something that can be forgiven. We did not fully see all the terrain. they may have come out from the woods or something. hard to say. In zombie Genre the hordes always seem to just appear. I was ok with it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that someone asked during "Talking Dead" was ... how come the dead people in the cars arent zombies?

/did the comic series answer this?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that someone asked during "Talking Dead" was ... how come the dead people in the cars arent zombies?

/did the comic series answer this?

No, not that I know of or can remember. My wife and I were wondering the same thing, we fully expected Carl to 'wake up' the guy in the car he got the knives from. In the comics - if you get bit by a zombie you become one and if you die in some way you become one.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not that I know of or can remember. My wife and I were wondering the same thing, we fully expected Carl to 'wake up' the guy in the car he got the knives from. In the comics - if you get bit by a zombie you become one and if you die in some way you become one.

what about if while youre slicing and dicing them up (or say stabbing them in the left eye with a phillips head screwdriver) and you happen to get splattered with their zombie blood ... and it goes into your mouth/eyes (name the other orifices) ... no infection?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about if while youre slicing and dicing them up (or say stabbing them in the left eye with a phillips head screwdriver) and you happen to get splattered with their zombie blood ... and it goes into your mouth/eyes (name the other orifices) ... no infection?

I don't think they make mention of that. Andrea was covered in blood near her eyes and mouth so you would figure there would be a good chance of infection.

At one point in the comic (very minor spoiler and maybe not because its not following too closely) they hypothesize that if someone gets bit on the arm they might be OK if you cut the arm off real quick.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the virus is not really something you catch when it comes out in air kinda like some diseases now. some of those guys may have offed themselves in the cars or forwhatever reason took alot longer to to change over? they were really decomposed but there are so many rules/myths/facts about the genre that just dont get nor need explanation. the one on why they would not be animated in the cars to me would need some explanation.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they make mention of that. Andrea was covered in blood near her eyes and mouth so you would figure there would be a good chance of infection.

At one point in the comic (very minor spoiler and maybe not because its not following too closely) they hypothesize that if someone gets bit on the arm they might be OK if you cut the arm off real quick.

origninal Day of the Dead tried that :) the army soldier got bit on the arm and his girlfriend cut it off.

didnt work :)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well? Some good stuff but I felt like they took a hour episode and stretched it to 90 minutes. Nice ending.
that was a holy shit moment for sure.

how careful were they in Season One when the splattered gunk all over themselves to get that truck?
Doesn't seem it's like 28 days later type rage virus. You need to die to come back.

re the bolded part: Dead Snow moment!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the premiere now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is a big spoiler or not but in the book it's established that the BITE kills, it doesn't INFECT. In other words, the bite itself isn't what turns you into a zombie, it's just the fact that you're dead. Blood splatter is a non issue in this story I think. As far as dead bodies in the cars, they just hadn't woken up yet.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is a big spoiler or not but in the book it's established that the BITE kills, it doesn't INFECT. In other words, the bite itself isn't what turns you into a zombie, it's just the fact that you're dead. Blood splatter is a non issue in this story I think. As far as dead bodies in the cars, they just hadn't woken up yet.

its not like in any version of a zombie movie that a time frame is put on turning I guess. I think they alluded to it in the season finale last year but didnt get into detail

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fucking ending to the premiere. :scared:

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fantastic show.
I am not all into sci fi or horror stuff, but this show is well acted, scripted, and is more than just a show about "zombies"....lots of commentary on the human being as a species made on this show...
Very good stuff....me likes :smile:

I give it, five brains out of five..hehe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not like in any version of a zombie movie that a time frame is put on turning I guess. I think they alluded to it in the season finale last year but didnt get into detail

Yeah they never establish a time frame really for how long it takes to turn.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic show.
I am not all into sci fi or horror stuff, but this show is well acted, scripted, and is more than just a show about "zombies"....lots of commentary on the human being as a species made on this show...
Very good stuff....me likes :smile:

I give it, five brains out of five..hehe

Are you a zombie? Its sorta a trend with our TB posters. :confused2:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
100!
sitting there for 4 hours, it was starting to bug me.

:ipw: brains