• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Tennis thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vasek Pospisil announced on social media earlier today that he'll be taking a 3-4 month break from the tennis tour for health reasons. In his last match played in France, he had a bit of a meltdown.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was something else, glad I stayed up to watch that match :thumb:

Shazbat!

I went to bed and set the pvr to run an extra hour and a half. He was in the 2nd set.

Watching it this morning huge come back and I got to see the ace tied him at 66 in the third set. At that point I had three seconds left on the PVR.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, Bianca was playing very well in Miami and just went down with what looks to be a bad ankle injury. So unfair the number of injuries she has had to endure.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, Bianca was playing very well in Miami and just went down with what looks to be a bad ankle injury. So unfair the number of injuries she has had to endure.

We’ll learn soon enough but what do you suppose happened there? It didnt look like she rolled her ankle :noidea: calf muscle tear maybe. :think:

/the chair umpire was hapless … “Ill get more towels” “where do you get more ice?”

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll learn soon enough but what do you suppose happened there? It didnt look like she rolled her ankle :noidea: calf muscle tear maybe. :think:

/the chair umpire was hapless … “Ill get more towels” “where do you get more ice?”

Yeah, Bianca herself said she had never experienced pain like that before and I have to guess she's rolled her ankle before. Torn ligaments maybe or as you say, it could be a calf tear.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any insight into why she suddenly became so injury-prone? Not that this injury may have anything to do with conditioning but holy shit she goes 2 months and then disappears for 6 on a consistent basis.

If it is achilles I hope she's banked enough to get the best surgery & treatment possible.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any insight into why she suddenly became so injury-prone? Not that this injury may have anything to do with conditioning but holy shit she goes 2 months and then disappears for 6 on a consistent basis.

If it is achilles I hope she's banked enough to get the best surgery & treatment possible.

That's the thing BBB, it's not a case of suddenly being injury prone, she's battled a laundry list of injuries dating back to her junior days. As far as conditioning is concerned, she's looked very good in Miami (in fact, she blew Sakkari off the court who's a gym rat and Maria looked gassed in the 3rd set of their match).

It's just rotten, terrible luck.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

kind of reminiscent of Milos

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt mention achilles because Ive had it (partial) and it wasnt the worst pain Ive ever felt in my life :noidea: (that hono(u)y belongs to the pain felt reading comeds posts :noidea: )

muscle tear is supposed to be a doozy ... maybe some sort of foot fracture?

1680026258430.png

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of reminiscent of Milos
Boy I forgot about him.

It must be incredibly expensive for these individual sport athletes with no team doctors/medical/etc. to stay on top of everything but Canadians seem to be doing a rather exceptionally poor job of it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I forgot about him.

It must be incredibly expensive for these individual sport athletes with no team doctors/medical/etc. to stay on top of everything but Canadians seem to be doing a rather exceptionally poor job of it.

I think in Milos' case it was just being cursed with a body that isn't built well for tennis. Medvedev is taller than Milos, but he's a gangly octopus who is extremely flexible (almost as flexible as Djokovic). Milos was cursed with bad genetics and had quite the remarkable career all things considered (he got to #3 in the world when you had Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer all in their prime or darn close to it).