• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More shitty hockey on their home ice

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another OT game, another OT loss. A careless turnover in their own zone due to some miscommunication followed by a very soft goal allowed by Kari on a weak shot... stop me if you've heard this one before.

Yet another 1 point in the standings, just enough to keep us from a good draft pick but not enough to move us into the top 8 in the West. It's almost like 9th place is the Death Star and Dallas is the Milennium Falcon being pulled helplessly toward it by a tractor beam, and we're the movie theater audience begging for Han Solo to escape that fate one way or the other, but to no avail.

We're going to suffer through an entire summer of watching a Stars-less Stanley Cup Playoffs and then be rewarded on draft day with hearing "with the 14th pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, the Dallas Stars select..."

Win-win!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another OT game, another OT loss. A careless turnover in their own zone due to some miscommunication followed by a very soft goal allowed by Kari on a weak shot... stop me if you've heard this one before.

Yet another 1 point in the standings, just enough to keep us from a good draft pick but not enough to move us into the top 8 in the West. It's almost like 9th place is the Death Star and Dallas is the Milennium Falcon being pulled helplessly toward it by a tractor beam, and we're the movie theater audience begging for Han Solo to escape that fate one way or the other, but to no avail.

We're going to suffer through an entire summer of watching a Stars-less Stanley Cup Playoffs and then be rewarded on draft day with hearing "with the 14th pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, the Dallas Stars select..."

Win-win!

The brutal thing is that if they win all those games outright it is only 7 extra points which is still a pretty shitty seed. And if they lost all 7 outright it's still now enough to be the worst team...Being mediocre blows.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brutal thing is that if they win all those games outright it is only 7 extra points which is still a pretty shitty seed. And if they lost all 7 outright it's still now enough to be the worst team...Being mediocre blows.

Yep. Worst thing your team can be in any sport is below average.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have lost the game tonight with a little over 3 mins left in regulation but there was a goal waved off. It was a strange scenario but I think it probably was the right call but could have easily gone either way. Just had a feeling they were gonna lose this one late

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win against Winnipeg in regulation is a must if they have any hopes of making a legitimate push for the wild card. Still not 100% sold that this team will get in but lets see I guess.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant get not one damn puck past Pavlik, he's killing it tonight

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42 shots to 19 with 4 minutes to go and we're getting shut out. Unbelievable. We are going to end up missing the playoffs and middle of the pack draft pick. Kind of like the Cowboys did for years.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42 shots to 19 with 4 minutes to go and we're getting shut out. Unbelievable. We are going to end up missing the playoffs and middle of the pack draft pick. Kind of like the Cowboys did for years.

At 3 minutes and Pavelec is still stoning them, looks like they'll get SO

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On going shit power play is unacceptable. They have their moments and streaks but the Stars haven't had a good or deadly power play in years it seems. Pavelec played fantastic but just not an excuse especially given the standings and situation the Stars are in.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Daley finally got one past him but it wasn't enough, 46+ SOG. Tough one to lose

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a total waste of a season. Other than Tyler Seguin's dominance and the emergence of John Klingberg, there has not been one redeeming aspect to this joke of a season. I love the Stars too much and it pains me to see them headed on a collision course with the #10 seed. Just when you think they've finally established some momentum, they lose 4 straight. Then you think "ok, let's tank for an elite draft pick". And then they win 3 in a row. Too good to finish in the bottom 3 but too weak to make the playoffs.

A top 6 next year of Seguin, Benn, Nichushkin, Spezza, McDavid, and Ritchie would just be unreal. Oh well.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a total waste of a season. Other than Tyler Seguin's dominance and the emergence of John Klingberg, there has not been one redeeming aspect to this joke of a season. I love the Stars too much and it pains me to see them headed on a collision course with the #10 seed. Just when you think they've finally established some momentum, they lose 4 straight. Then you think "ok, let's tank for an elite draft pick". And then they win 3 in a row. Too good to finish in the bottom 3 but too weak to make the playoffs.

A top 6 next year of Seguin, Benn, Nichushkin, Spezza, McDavid, and Ritchie would just be unreal. Oh well.

I'm just not sure what Nill is going to do come trade deadline. There'll should be a market for Cole, Horcoff, Goose and Daley. I don't see Daley going anywhere anytime soon but the other 3 would certainly get some interest for a team with playoff run aspirations.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to blow it vs Caps but got the win anyway

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising Win vs the Blackhawks on the road in the 2nd of a back to back. All three games vs them have been the 2nd of a back to back I believe? What garbage scheduling

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising Win vs the Blackhawks on the road in the 2nd of a back to back. All three games vs them have been the 2nd of a back to back I believe? What garbage scheduling

Yep. And now that they've teased us again into believing they can fight for a playoff spot, they'll likely lose 3 in a row. I love that they just won 2 tough games, but I don't love that they averaged 4 goals against in those wins. They can't be expected to score 5 goals every night. The defense and goaltending has to improve if they're actually to contend for a playoff spot.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of God get rid of Curt Fraser.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp we still kinda suck.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp we still kinda suck.

Yep. They just can't seem to get over the hump. Even when they play well, something like bad goaltending or a lifeless power play trips them up.

9th place here we come!!

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They just can't seem to get over the hump. Even when they play well, something like bad goaltending or a lifeless power play trips them up.

9th place here we come!!

I kept on thinking WPG would eventually come back to reality and lose some games but I don't see that happening at this point. And they still have the Kings to deal with and even Minnesota if they can ever get over the hump and figure out their goaltending issues. But ya this is mediocrity central for the Stars this season.