• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept on thinking WPG would eventually come back to reality and lose some games but I don't see that happening at this point. And they still have the Kings to deal with and even Minnesota if they can ever get over the hump and figure out their goaltending issues. But ya this is mediocrity central for the Stars this season.

And in typical Stars fashion, they pick the absolute WORST season to be a mediocre team. They had a chance to really build on the significant fan interest created by last year's playoff appearance by making the playoffs again this season, or to draft the next Sidney Crosby or Steven Stamkos by bottoming out.

I know I've beat this dead horse beyond recognition, but it's just so hard for me to sit back and watch helplessly as they make a b-line for the dreaded 9th/10th place finish in such a pivotal and possibly franchise-altering season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense and goaltending is just fucking gross

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klingberg with the breakaway and goal, NICE!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another point in the standings just given away by the Stars. They give up the tying goal with the opposing team's goalie pulled and the extra attacker on (as they always seem to do in that situation), this time with only 16 seconds left.

Then, if that weren't bad enough, they have the chance to win it TWICE in the shootout if Kari can just make 1 save, but oh no that's asking too much. And they finally lose in round 11 of the shootout.

This team makes me sick sometimes. They really do.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another point in the standings just given away by the Stars. They give up the tying goal with the opposing team's goalie pulled and the extra attacker on (as they always seem to do in that situation), this time with only 16 seconds left.

Then, if that weren't bad enough, they have the chance to win it TWICE in the shootout if Kari can just make 1 save, but oh no that's asking too much. And they finally lose in round 11 of the shootout.

It was a really be loss with 2 goal lead with 13 mins or so to play. Giving up the goal off of the face off was bad

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've tried to stop caring because as we've discussed they're likely not good enough to make the playoffs and they're not bad enough to tank but every time they lose games like last night it really boils the hell out of me. Inexcusable loss especially at home and especially the way Colorado kicked Dallas' asses a few times this season.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Stars, meet rock bottom. Losing to the worst team in the NHL, also the worst team in the modern stat era, is as bad as it gets.

The following players can be traded at any time now-

Goalie: Lehtonen, Lindback, Rynnas, Campbell
Defense: Daley, Benn, Demers, Schlemko, Jokipakka, Oleksiak
Forward: Cole, Horcoff, Garbutt, Fiddler, Hemsky, Sceviour, Moen, McKenzie, Eaves, Glennie, Faksa

Some of those guys I listed because they're terrible and I just want them gone, even if for nothing more than a conditional 7th round pick. Others I listed because they might actually bring in a decent return. I don't feel though as if any of them listed have significant futures in Dallas. Oleksiak might turn out ok, maybe Faksa too. I wouldn't be terribly sad if Eakin or Goligoski got traded either, but they at least have some value to the team moving forward.

Basically build around Seguin, Benn, Nichushkin, Spezza, Ritchie, Roussel, Klingberg, Nemeth, and Honka. Those 9 guys are the only untouchables in the entire Dallas system.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jhonas Enroth to Dallas for Anders Lindback. I approve.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about him so I'll take your word for it. I'm not sure I even want Kari anymore.

This is an outstanding move and one which I recently openly hoped for after the Stars played Buffalo and Enroth shut them down. I had a feeling Enroth would be fairly easily acquired since he was clearly not in Buffalo's long-term plans and he isn't a stud by any means. But, despite his ugly numbers in Buffalo, he's a massive upgrade over Lindback as the backup to Kari, and I think he could definitely make Kari work harder to keep his #1 status. Enroth can win us some games, whereas Lindback really couldn't.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I genuinely hope someone ends Dmitri Kulikov's career with a vicious dirty hit in the very near future. I'm talking excruciating pain and gruesome injury type stuff. That lower body hit he put on Seguin which injured him was one of the dirtiest hits I've seen in a really long time. That is Bryan Marchment bush-league level stuff. Any time you deliberately try to slew-foot, knee, or crush another guy's legs, it's totally gutless. That wasn't a solid hit. That wasn't in the flow of the game. That wasn't even a cheap cross check. That was a malicious attempt to injure and it succeeded.

Karma's a bitch and I hope Kulikov pays in the worst way for what he did to Seguin.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I genuinely hope someone ends Dmitri Kulikov's career with a vicious dirty hit in the very near future. I'm talking excruciating pain and gruesome injury type stuff. That lower body hit he put on Seguin which injured him was one of the dirtiest hits I've seen in a really long time. That is Bryan Marchment bush-league level stuff. Any time you deliberately try to slew-foot, knee, or crush another guy's legs, it's totally gutless. That wasn't a solid hit. That wasn't in the flow of the game. That wasn't even a cheap cross check. That was a malicious attempt to injure and it succeeded.

Karma's a bitch and I hope Kulikov pays in the worst way for what he did to Seguin.

Completely agree. The good thing is that they do have to go to Florida and play a game there so I imagine he'll be well taken care of then.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. The good thing is that they do have to go to Florida and play a game there so I imagine he'll be well taken care of then.

I hope they cripple him. And I do mean cripple. I hope that asshole loses his ability to walk. This is the dirtiest hit I've seen in a really long time. Every time I watch the replay I just get sick all over again. That type of bush league garbage has no place in the NHL.

I also just read that several of the Panthers players were sickened by what Kulikov did and couldn't justify it in any way.

For those of you who didn't see it, click here to see a gif of the cheap shot as well as a shot of the Panthers bench shaking their heads in disbelief at what their teammate just did: Video: Tyler Seguin Injured in Dangerous Hit by Dmitry Kulikov - Defending Big D

Nobody is taught to hit this way. As Razor and Luddy both said, the only reason ANYONE would attempt a hit in this manner is to deliberately cause serious leg injury

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they cripple him. And I do mean cripple. I hope that asshole loses his ability to walk. This is the dirtiest hit I've seen in a really long time. Every time I watch the replay I just get sick all over again. That type of bush league garbage has no place in the NHL.

I also just read that several of the Panthers players were sickened by what Kulikov did and couldn't justify it in any way.

For those of you who didn't see it, click here to see a gif of the cheap shot as well as a shot of the Panthers bench shaking their heads in disbelief at what their teammate just did: Video: Tyler Seguin Injured in Dangerous Hit by Dmitry Kulikov - Defending Big D

Nobody is taught to hit this way. As Razor and Luddy both said, the only reason ANYONE would attempt a hit in this manner is to deliberately cause serious leg injury

What's crazy is that I've seen quite a few comments on Yahoo, FB etc(FWIW) saying it was a perfectly legal hit and it was just a hip check!? I'm like how the hell does anyone come up with that conclusion it was a freaking hip check?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 game suspension for Kulikov.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not enough IMO, should have been at least 7

It's probably about what I expected. I've read that Marchand got the same suspension for a similar hit on Mckinnon I believe. The great thing is that we know he'll be in the lineup when Dallas goes to Florida in a few weeks.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably about what I expected. I've read that Marchand got the same suspension for a similar hit on Mckinnon I believe. The great thing is that we know he'll be in the lineup when Dallas goes to Florida in a few weeks.

Should be an eye for an eye but I don't think Dallas will do anything dirty or petty, I see maybe a few hard hits and maybe someone drops gloves and goes at him but thats about it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win last night and a stud performance from Benn and Kari.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These types of losses happen way too often to this team. 1-7 now in OT's and it seems like we've lost more than twice in the first minute of OT.

If we have the technology to review goals, then review the fucking thing. This drives me crazy in all sports when we have the ability to reverse game changing calls but some aren't reviewable.