• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to figure this team out, totally thought they would build on that win vs LA coming home, and not so much. BLAH! Hope to see Klingberg keep it going, they are going to need him

Rough schedule this weekend but there is no excuse for the ass whipping they took tonight. 4 games in 6 days is tough but giving up 47 shots is ridiculous. Getting outshot 23-5 in the 3rd period is just shit. Defense has to help Kari out or its gonna be a long season for him

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is digging a hole that they aren't going to get out of. I envisioned playoff runs from all 3 Dallas teams this year. The Stars have just really disappointed me. Spezza won't be coming back after this year if we don't get things turned around in a hurry.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordie is truly, truly bad. I mean, I've been saying that all year. But wow... daley has been horrifying. Sure, Dales is scoring some goals. Whatever. He plays on the PP with guys who the other team plans around... its bound to happen. But this stat is scary. There is no 1st line defensemen in the NHL who has a worse +/- than him in even strength play... -26. Not a typo. -26 in 18 games. That's really really hard to do.

Dillon has been turning it over a ton as well. I still have faith in him. I feel bad cuz he's played on the Jobenn line almost all year.

Jamie hasn't been very good this year either (he had a good 3 game stretch... that's it). In my opinion, the 3 bright spots this year have been Seguin, Roussel, and Klingberg. Nightmare. Sad thing is, its not gonna change. We need to scratch Benn or dillon and play Connauton or bring up Jokipakka. Connauton has played well. He has. Regardless of any argument he has played better than Dillon, Benn, Oleksiak, and even Daley lately. Idk if he pissed off lindy or something but he deserves more playing time.

Horrible season. I guess, glass half full, if there's any draft to have a bad season its this one. This is like the best draft in almost 10 years. The first 3 picks are "franchise changing" players, while the projected rest of the top 10 are guys who are supposed to be "top end talents who, any other year, would be a 3-5 overall pick, but need a year or two of development." I really like Spezza though. Its a shame that he's likely traded if we don't get competitive soon.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is digging a hole that they aren't going to get out of. I envisioned playoff runs from all 3 Dallas teams this year. The Stars have just really disappointed me. Spezza won't be coming back after this year if we don't get things turned around in a hurry.

nevermind come back, haha he may not even make it to the deadline. I will say though, I think he's a smart man. I think he realizes that this team has the talent, and has the fantastic farm system knocking on the door. There's just people like Benn blocking Jokipakka, or season ending injuries to guys like Nemeth (who had played great imo until it happened). Plus, Honka is a younger form of Klingberg. He needs 2 or 3 years.

I wish we'd just put JoBenn on waivers to force the issue. Maybe there's an issue with his brother being the captain, but business before that stuff, especially when we're playing this awful.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordie is truly, truly bad. I mean, I've been saying that all year. But wow... daley has been horrifying. Sure, Dales is scoring some goals. Whatever. He plays on the PP with guys who the other team plans around... its bound to happen. But this stat is scary. There is no 1st line defensemen in the NHL who has a worse +/- than him in even strength play... -26. Not a typo. -26 in 18 games. That's really really hard to do.

Dillon has been turning it over a ton as well. I still have faith in him. I feel bad cuz he's played on the Jobenn line almost all year.

Jamie hasn't been very good this year either (he had a good 3 game stretch... that's it). In my opinion, the 3 bright spots this year have been Seguin, Roussel, and Klingberg. Nightmare. Sad thing is, its not gonna change. We need to scratch Benn or dillon and play Connauton or bring up Jokipakka. Connauton has played well. He has. Regardless of any argument he has played better than Dillon, Benn, Oleksiak, and even Daley lately. Idk if he pissed off lindy or something but he deserves more playing time.

Horrible season. I guess, glass half full, if there's any draft to have a bad season its this one. This is like the best draft in almost 10 years. The first 3 picks are "franchise changing" players, while the projected rest of the top 10 are guys who are supposed to be "top end talents who, any other year, would be a 3-5 overall pick, but need a year or two of development." I really like Spezza though. Its a shame that he's likely traded if we don't get competitive soon.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say Daley is a -26 at "even strength play". Daley is a -9 this season, and that only applies to even strength play as ALL +/- does (shorthanded goals too), as power play numbers don't figure in to +/- rating. The reason Daley is a -9 is because he is facing the opposing team's top forwards every night and he's simply not good enough for that task, especially when paired with Benn or Dillon. Daley isn't horrible, he just isn't 1st pair material. Please quit saying Kevin Connauton is a better player than Trevor Daley. He isn't. At all. Not even close. That statement is way off. You couldn't find one single person in the NHL who would agree with you. For the life of me I can't understand what your fascination is with Kevin Connauton. The guy is a very mediocre player who has seen limited time, mostly against checking line players. He's looked decent in his time on the ice, and I agree that giving him some more ice time couldn't hurt. But saying he's one of the team's best defensemen is so far from the truth, it's not even funny. It's the equivalent of suggesting Daniel Robertson is one of the Rangers best players. It's simply not true.

Jordie has been awful and so has Dillon. So if you were to suggest Connauton was better than them, I could see that argument at least having some merit. But Goligoski, Daley, and now Klingberg too are just superior to Connauton in all aspects of the game. If Connauton had to battle Corey Perry, Patrick Kane, and Anze Kopitar every night, I promise you his stats would look very ugly.

I do agree with you that Ruff should give your boy some more playing time, and it is a bit puzzling that he hasn't considering how terrible Jordie and Dillon have been.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see Spezza going anywhere. It would have to be REALLY bad and ugly for something like that to happen. Dallas has been searching a very long time to find a very good 2nd line center and they finally did and he's producing. I think Nill signs Spezza long term. I suppose there's some hope for Faksa to be that 2nd line center one day but I figure he's at least 2-3 years away from that truly being an option.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Jordie has been, Dillon has been worse. That first goal against was 100% on him... just horrible. Other than the Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt line, the forwards were a disgrace. No heart, no hustle, no extra effort... nothing. The PP is just gross. They can't even manage 1 shot on goal. The Benn-Seguin line was invisible the entire game. I was at the game and it was just lifeless.

I just don't understand this team at home. They're a completely different team than the one on the road. They come home and they're disjointed and lethargic.

Only good things were Klingberg, Kari, and the Roussel line.

Ugh.

Agreed Dillon has been shit many times as well. Seriously the 3rd line for us is gold and quite honestly I don't know where this team would be if it wasn't for that 3rd line these last two seasons.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nevermind come back, haha he may not even make it to the deadline. I will say though, I think he's a smart man. I think he realizes that this team has the talent, and has the fantastic farm system knocking on the door. There's just people like Benn blocking Jokipakka, or season ending injuries to guys like Nemeth (who had played great imo until it happened). Plus, Honka is a younger form of Klingberg. He needs 2 or 3 years.

I wish we'd just put JoBenn on waivers to force the issue. Maybe there's an issue with his brother being the captain, but business before that stuff, especially when we're playing this awful.

There is no issue with moving JoBenn because of Jamie. Everyone knows this is a business and if anyone remembers Dallas used to have both Derian Hatcher and his brother Kevin Hatcher and for those that don't know or remember they ended up trading Kevin Hatcher and brought in Sergei Zubov in that deal. Fact is that this organization is very thin at that position and they're going to be struggling for the next season or even two while the younger guys began to develop, mature and truly earn their spots.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus claims Kevin Connauton off waivers. Jokipakka called up. I approve.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus claims Kevin Connauton off waivers. Jokipakka called up. I approve.

If anyone knows where Terps lives, they should probably go to his house to check on him once word of this transaction reaches him.

And just to go ahead and issue a pre-emptive rebuttal- no, we did not just waive our best defenseman.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sick to my stomach.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... this season ended before it ever got started.

Shit.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's funny. A day after I said Spezza will leave if things don't turn around. At this point I'm not sure why he would want to stick around. I'm glad he's staying though.

I really can't watch them anymore. MY GF said hey looks like we're going to win one when we were up 2-0. I said we'll probably lose 6-2 and then the onslaught happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell can this team be so bad on their home ice?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident they'll get out of it at some point but question is when. Yes defense and goaltending has sucked for a big part of the season but let's not forget about the offense. Other than 91, 14, and the 3rd line nobody is producing shit tho Spezza has been dynamic as well. Hemsky's been a failure so far, Sceviour has done nothing, Cole's had his moments but nothing spectacular. I mean this thing is just in a major funk right now its sad to see. But maybe Phoenix in town tomorrow might right the ship? Who knows.