• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Spurs Fined for Sitting Players

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, since practically everybody already makes the postseason, why not do a tournament like college, since that's an infinitely superior product anyway, and the final four can play in best of 7 series' to decide the champion.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna make the games relevant?

Contract New Orleans, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Toronto, Cleveland, Minnesota, Indiana, Washington, Atlanta and the Clippers (I realize they have a few good players at the moment, but they're never going to compete for a Western Conference Championship, let alone a Finals Championship), and shorten the season to 40 games.

NBA: fixed.

Completely agree, the raping he did of Seattle was despicable.

Hurricane Katrina maybe saved the New Orleans Hornets and screwed the Seattle Supersonics. Maybe. New Orleans had bad attendance, I think, even with Chris Paul there. Not sure about this. When they relocated to Oklahoma City, the NBA saw that OKC was good for the NBA - obviously without Katrina they wouldn't have seen that, but they might have felt that it would work. Instead of making the move permanent, they needed to go back - because you don't lose your team due to injury, I mean natural disasters. It would have been terrible PR-wise to take the team away. They stayed, Seattle moved in. I might have the timeline wrong, but I think this how it turned out.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stern is almost as big of an idiot as Goodell. Almost.

No way, not even in the same league.

Goodell has done a little bit of questionable stuff but nothing too extradoniary. The most of it I can see the rational behind it.

Stern has been a dumb shit for years now. This latest is the just the icing on the dumb shit pile. A big reason why so many people talk bad/poorly about the NBA is because of Stern.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, since practically everybody already makes the postseason, why not do a tournament like college, since that's an infinitely superior product anyway, and the final four can play in best of 7 series' to decide the champion.

Ehh, not really fan of watching college teams play zone defense (well, the mid-major conference teams lacking the talent to play man defense). That is the only thing I dislike about the college game, Zone D, I feel it gets overused. Though, I do love watching the conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament! Oh and if you want to see unselfish team basketball at the pro-level, watch the Spurs.

I can't see the NBA going to 1 game elimination playoff format, since it would lead to less playoff games. Meaning less ticket, advertising, and merchandise revenues.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, not really fan of watching college teams play zone defense (well, the mid-major conference teams lacking the talent to play man defense). That is the only thing I dislike about the college game, Zone D, I feel it gets overused. Though, I do love watching the conference tournaments and the NCAA tournament! Oh and if you want to see unselfish team basketball at the pro-level, watch the Spurs.

I can't see the NBA going to 1 game elimination playoff format, since it would lead to less playoff games. Meaning less ticket, advertising, and merchandise revenues.

Plus, I can't stand the 35 second shot clock.

Totally agree with the bolded part. I'm hoping my Magic become the Spurs of the East in the coming years.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that even without their stars the Spurs still almost won the game. It's not like it ended up being a bad game that the Heat ran away with. The Fans that were there and that watched on TV still got a great basketball game. I'd be more inclined to see Stern's point of view if the Spurs lost by 20+ points.

The NBA is a star driven league more than any other sport in America. Even if the game was a good one, people don't care. I agree with you, but I was just pointing out the little bit of sense in the matter.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern is almost as big of an idiot as Goodell. Almost.

They both pale in comparison to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, and that's saying something.

Btw, I don't think the Spurs really care - when it comes down to being slapped with a 250 K fine as opposed to resting your aging stars at the end of a 6 game road trip through 9 days, I don't blame the Spurs. The interesting thing in this is that the other Spurs put up a heck of a competitive match and could have won the game!