• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Sixers

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone excited about the recent transactions? Still in disbelief that we were able to get rid of the Horford contract. Between shipping out Horford and Richardson we freed up over 11 mil for this season. I'm also stoked to get back Seth Curry who is exactly the type of player we needed to bring in ... perfect compliment to Simmons and Embiid. I don't care much for Danny Green as he is on the down side of his career, but he's on an expiring contract and can still be a serviceable role player here and there. I don't think Morey is done yet, but the Curry addition and cap space opened is huge so far. Don't know much about our rookie, so I have to do a little research on him.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of that albatross Horford contract makes the night a big win for the 76ers regardless of anything else.

The rest of it was just ok, IMO... we'll see how it pans out, like most NBA drafts it's tough to really know.

Richardson is a rock solid NBA player, that loss will be felt.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone excited about the recent transactions? Still in disbelief that we were able to get rid of the Horford contract. Between shipping out Horford and Richardson we freed up over 11 mil for this season. I'm also stoked to get back Seth Curry who is exactly the type of player we needed to bring in ... perfect compliment to Simmons and Embiid. I don't care much for Danny Green as he is on the down side of his career, but he's on an expiring contract and can still be a serviceable role player here and there. I don't think Morey is done yet, but the Curry addition and cap space opened is huge so far. Don't know much about our rookie, so I have to do a little research on him.
Maxey is a solid pick. A very solid guard and has good defensive skill as well. I saw a few Kentucky games and he stood out for sure. I thought he would be off the board before our 21st pick.
Freeing up cap space by unloading Horford is huge. My gut is Morey will make a splash for another star. Not sure if it's Harden or whomever? I love the moves already.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of that albatross Horford contract makes the night a big win for the 76ers regardless of anything else.

The rest of it was just ok, IMO... we'll see how it pans out, like most NBA drafts it's tough to really know.

Richardson is a rock solid NBA player, that loss will be felt.

I think the Richardson/Curry deal is a win/win for both teams. We desperately need outside shooting to space the floor and Curry fits perfectly as one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. Richardson is solid, but not a great fit on a team with Ben/Embiid as he's not really a 3 point threat ... he's a much better fit in Dallas where they need better D.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Richardson/Curry deal is a win/win for both teams. We desperately need outside shooting to space the floor and Curry fits perfectly as one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. Richardson is solid, but not a great fit on a team with Ben/Embiid as he's not really a 3 point threat ... he's a much better fit in Dallas where they need better D.
Maybe.

When I watched Philly last year, I never got the feeling that Richardson was the issue. Quite the contrary.

Horford, OTOH... that was a problem, and Morley is a god for tying that off relatively painlessly.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

When I watched Philly last year, I never got the feeling that Richardson was the issue. Quite the contrary.

Horford, OTOH... that was a problem, and Morley is a god for tying that off relatively painlessly.

Richardson was very inconsistent shooting (34% from 3) ... he would have one great game followed by 3 ineffective ones. We need spot up shooters when Ben drives and dishes or when Embiid gets doubled down low and kicks it back out. Richardson is a solid all around player, but not the "scheme" fit I envision Curry to be. Plus his Defense while solid, did not turn out to be as good as advertised ... he wasn't the lock down defender I heard he was when we first acquired him.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson doesn't carry anywhere near the gravity that Seth Curry does.
Now, Curry is nowhere near the defensive player that Richardson is.

Bottom line is that Richardson didn't really maximize his potential with Embiid/Simmons.
By advanced metrics, he was a league average player.
That's not good enough and maybe some of that was due to Brett Brown.

Plus, the Sixers saved $10M from trading Al and JRich.
I believe they have to shed just shy of $2M in order to get the most out of a MLE, if they choose to go that route.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson was very inconsistent shooting (34% from 3) ... he would have one great game followed by 3 ineffective ones. We need spot up shooters when Ben drives and dishes or when Embiid gets doubled down low and kicks it back out. Richardson is a solid all around player, but not the "scheme" fit I envision Curry to be. Plus his Defense while solid, did not turn out to be as good as advertised ... he wasn't the lock down defender I heard he was when we first acquired him.
I hear you to some extent about Richardson...

That said, Richardson is balanced... whereas the names mentioned to replace him are less so:
  • Seth Curry can shoot, but he can't defend
  • Green, Maxey and Ferguson can defend, but are questionable shooters
So... it's a trade-off and platoon situation, I guess... it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you to some extent about Richardson...

That said, Richardson is balanced... whereas the names mentioned to replace him are less so:
  • Seth Curry can shoot, but he can't defend
  • Green, Maxey and Ferguson can defend, but are questionable shooters
So... it's a trade-off and platoon situation, I guess... it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I hear ya, but we have a potentially really good defender in Matisse Thybulle in waiting; plus Ben and Embiid who are also good defenders ... what we lacked was outside shooting. That's why I love the addition of Curry ... we can replace the D we lost with Matisse.