• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grrr, for the first time in a month I forgot to move my players for a day. I left two goals on the bench.

Ouch. Last night I was standing just outside of Verizon Center trying to insert a goalie at the last second, remembering I forgot to check starters yesterday until I was at the arena. I was almost done at 6:59pm and pressed "Submit" on my phone only to have it tell me it was locked. Must have missed the cut off by like 10 seconds. Cracked me up, especially since the guy I was trying to replace (Rinne) was sitting on the bench at the game I was actually attending. Trying to get your phone to do things fast in and around an arena is always an issue - 10,000 people clogging the data network. Oh well...

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might as well get our facts straight and I'm not foolish enough to post that I'm tops when I'm actually not. We're at the halfway point essentially, so I might as well shoot the shit and put you all on notice.

You'd switch places with me in a heartbeat.

Happy comeback attempts. :bored:

Whoa, retract the claws, just bustin your balls. Still 2 months til the playoffs. Anything can happen between now and then. I'm just hoping my teams have no major injuries happen. Losing Letang and Richards doesn't help.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Havlat... out 8 fucking weeks from jumping over the boards.
what a maroon :L

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was quite an exciting night at Doormats Arena on Monday. We raised our first banner to the rafters. It reads...

SportsHoopla FANTASY HOCKEY
2010-2011 Season
League 1 - East Division
1st Half of Season
2nd Place*

*Possible cheating

I'm glad that you're finally coming around.

You best get back after it as they're plucking players off your "bench" left and right.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that you're finally coming around.

You best get back after it as they're plucking players off your "bench" left and right.

So I haven't been doing the thing you were complaining about (which there is nothing wrong with anyway) and you STILL have to comment about it. I LIKE my team better now, guys are performing better, and I haven't had injuries. So I don't feel I need to make moves. Plus, I'm busy as hell at work so I don't have much time right now even if I wanted to.

What I love most is that you complain about transactions, and you're 3rd in the league at them. Hey pot, meet kettle. So it's okay for you to make a lot of moves compared to others, as long as nobody makes a lot of moves compared to you?

Everyone else in the league gives others props for their successes, jones on each other and themselves for their failures, bemoans turns of misfortune, and celebrates moments of luck. Your contributions are (1) bitching and moaning about perfectly legitimate trades and transactions, (2) telling us how great you are, and (3) telling others why they aren't good.

Are you that socially inept? Do you understand this is a game that is supposed to be fun?

If you want some respect, learn to show some.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's incorrect. I am actually first overall in both leagues. Team Ritari has two more wins than me in League 2, but three more losses and five fewer ties. If you get technical and do the math, I'm ahead. Just look at the win percentages in the league. I'm at .654 and he's at .650, while you're at .646.

Here's the copy and paste of my fantasy league page:

Johnstown Jets 79-39-12 (1/12)
SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey...

Johnstown Jets 84-42-4 (1/12)
SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey...

You'll notice the (1/12) by both of my teams.

Now stop trying to steal my thunder. :yell:

Yeah I know...was trying to help get a heated rivalry going...:)

Anyway I was only looking at wins :doh: because I always hated ties.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I haven't been doing the thing you were complaining about (which there is nothing wrong with anyway) and you STILL have to comment about it. I LIKE my team better now, guys are performing better, and I haven't had injuries. So I don't feel I need to make moves. Plus, I'm busy as hell at work so I don't have much time right now even if I wanted to.

What I love most is that you complain about transactions, and you're 3rd in the league at them. Hey pot, meet kettle. So it's okay for you to make a lot of moves compared to others, as long as nobody makes a lot of moves compared to you?

Everyone else in the league gives others props for their successes, jones on each other and themselves for their failures, bemoans turns of misfortune, and celebrates moments of luck. Your contributions are (1) bitching and moaning about perfectly legitimate trades and transactions, (2) telling us how great you are, and (3) telling others why they aren't good.

Are you that socially inept? Do you understand this is a game that is supposed to be fun?

If you want some respect, learn to show some.

You're the one that keeps bringing this issue up, not me. All I am doing is finally responding to it. You make a snide remark every other day about this incident that we're all done with. Why? I have no idea.

Yes, I am tied for third in the league in transactions...with 24. You're first with 70. The league average is about 21 and a half. I'm just barely over average and you're well over three times average, so this "pot meet kettle" ploy of yours is a complete joke.

Furthermore, the difference between your moves and mine are that I've made them primarily to deal with slumping players and/or injuries while you took it a step further and started player swapping for more starts to steal certain categories away from managers who won't do that (the rest of us). No matter how many times I explain this to you, it never sinks in. Why? Because you're a fantasy rookie and you don't get it.

That's alright. You've stopped and this is no longer an issue (yet you keep subtly bringing it up).

It is a fun game. Enjoy. :caked:

Moving on...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know...was trying to help get a heated rivalry going...:)

Anyway I was only looking at wins :doh: because I always hated ties.

It is misleading at first glance, but apparently having fewer losses is meaningful and I'll take it. :becky:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one that keeps bringing this issue up, not me. All I am doing is finally responding to it. You make a snide remark every other day about this incident that we're all done with. Why? I have no idea.

What in the hell are you talking about? Where did I bring it up? I made a joke at my own expense that dove-tailed with making fun of you for your ridiculous "I'm the greatest" post. You had to make a snide remark about the same old thing you always complain about.

You keep talking as if everyone agrees with you and there is some standard everyone knows not to violate, which (a) is not true and (b) you yourself have said is acceptable in certain situations (playoffs), but not others. I'm not abiding by your unenforceable, inconsistent, hypocritical, self-made rules.

That's alright. You've stopped and this is no longer an issue

I JUST explained that I like my players right now and have been injury free. It's not an issue anyway because I'm playing within the rules. If I want to make 20 moves next week, I will. And if I'm just some dumb rookie, maybe you shouldn't be bragging about only being a few games ahead of me.

You need to learn to show a little respect for others and a little humility.

I doubt you will though, because I think you're just an asshole.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maverick & Eloco have begun a rivalry. When they face each other sparks will definately fly. LOL!!

Oh yeah, for sure.

In the meantime, props to Vadered. Taking me to the woodshed this week! My goalies pooped the bed tonight. And here I thought Columbus vs. Nashville would be a nice boring 1-1 game that goes to a shootout. Hope I can squeak out a few more categories and at least make it respectable like.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maverick & Eloco have begun a rivalry. When they face each other sparks will definately fly. LOL!!

If he makes the playoffs as the third seed, I look forward to watching him lose to Finland's Finest in round two after squeaking out a victory in round one against Team Fuzzy Bunnies in what will be known as the First To 50 Bowl. The first team to essentially double their roster and dress 50 different players in two weeks wins.

Yes, elocomotive, there is some standard that everyone knows not to violate. That is precisely correct.

:clap2: :juggle:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that I've seen it done in the playoffs before. That doesn't exactly make it right. I really think common sense tells us all that having confidence in your players (if healthy) and rolling with them is the genuine thing to do. If they're not healthy or not performing, go find better ones or make a trade, but using the last couple slots on your team to just rotate guys in and out for more starts is frowned upon.

If everyone is going to player swap throughout the playoffs just for extra starts, you can imagine how much that would take the strategy and fun out of it, especially for managers that like the team they have. I've played fantasy hockey for years and it's just simply not how the game is played.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My scores are far better than my performance this week. I seem to be up against a couple teams that aren't that active and/or have serious goaltending issues. Still, not a bad rebound day yesterday.

But hey, I will take this. :thumb:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone is going to player swap throughout the playoffs just for extra starts, you can imagine how much that would take the strategy and fun out of it, especially for managers that like the team they have. I've played fantasy hockey for years and it's just simply not how the game is played.

Unfortunately for you, YOU don't get to make that decision for me nor do I need to justify to you when, why, and how I'm changing players. The bolded part above is your opinion. And one which apparently changes with the situation like the playoffs. Do you understand the basic difference between what RULES are, and what an OPINION is?

I FULLY understand what you are saying. I don't agree with you, and 30 years of fantasy experience or 1 year of fantasy experience don't really matter. It's a different of OPINION. YOU don't make the rules. We follow the rules of the LEAGUE.

You're right though - it is supposed to be FUN! I can't decide what makes you the most fun player in the league - is it the times you tell everyone how great you are? Or when you piss and moan about the same thing over and over?