• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good times. Was that aimed at Flyers fans or Penguin fans? Maybe it was Hab fans. Or the Bruins fans. Or was it Jackets fans, of which I am the only one. Bah. Who can remember?

I do know the one team it doesn't apply to.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who steal co-workers lunches out of company refrigerators.

OK, also people who look in refrigerator and angrily walk away thinking someone stole their lunch only to find it a bit later while doing a more thorough search. I still do think it was moved from one refrigerator to the other, but I could be wrong.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good times. Was that aimed at Flyers fans or Penguin fans? Maybe it was Hab fans. Or the Bruins fans. Or was it Jackets fans, of which I am the only one. Bah. Who can remember?

I do know the one team it doesn't apply to.

It was just a general statement. I wasn't singling anybody on here out, since that's what you're saying.

Mainly towards the assholes on Twitter and other social media who ''wished Kreider was in the Twin Towers during the 9/11 attacks''

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for you pix, I really do. I've managed to put away some cash via RESP (Registered Education Savings Plans) for my two daughters, so they're in pretty good shape as far as that is concerned (Ivy League schools are out of contention), but I think I'm going to have to keep working well into my late 60's to try to help them out as much as I can.

You're a good parent, as are mine. My parents helped with undergrad costs, and I had a significant scholarship, hence the lower number in the loan, and it's all federal loans. I don't know what the conversation is like in Canada, but I know in the US a good portion of the politicians think your parents should be enough to help pay. That and a part time job. If you go to community college that may work, but that's it. All I know is those same politicians can't complain when I'm not contributing to the market by not buying a new car for a long time and being a renter for even longer. I won't be buying a home until these loans are gone.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a general statement. I wasn't singling anybody on here out, since that's what you're saying.

Mainly towards the assholes on Twitter and other social media who ''wished Kreider was in the Twin Towers during the 9/11 attacks''

I don't think that's arrogance.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fuckin habs fans eh?

thats the sweet smell of arrogance!

martel265.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything about public education needs to be changed imo ... the way we/kids learn today shouldnt be slotted into a system that was created in the 1950's (which is so capital funding intensive) where zero of todays technology existed

Just looking at it from a local perspective ... one thing that has always bothered me ... these huge tracts of land committed to elementary schools ... why are they zoned single use? why not go up (build upwards) and have some sort of subsidized housing on top of these schools ... the redevelopment of these school properties could unlock so much value for school boards around BC ... i know there are massive security and safety issues but Im sure their are solutions for them

there are so many sprawling (land use wise) rancher type built-in-the-60's elementary schools in my city that have classrooms that sit empty because the demographics have changed in the area

if they can get value in the form of the real estate ... maybe they need less funding from the provincial govt ...and maybe that funding can be redistributed to the post secondary institutions and tuition can be reduced ... I know I know ... wishful thinking the govt would do that :ohwell: the teachers unions would probably stand in the way of something like this in the first place anyways :ohwell:

The HS I went to is very progressive (it's in a rich, undiverse area...so of course they have all the money they want) and has changed a ton since I left (5 whole years ago). When I was there class sizes were about 15-20, staff to student ratio was probably 1/6, and they had so many smart boards that we had more than one in a few classrooms. Beyond the fact that taxes are crazy high in our township, we also had the second highest standardized test scores in the state, meaning the state gave us more money. How messed up is that? The schools that have more money to begin with (mine) will have technology and better pay for staff (thus better staff), and very likely that these schools will then have better scores because the students are getting a good education. So sure, lets go ahead and give them more money instead of the schools with bad grades that need help.

Anyway, my original point was that my school is cushy and can afford to do things a bit differently so they're doing multi-teacher class rooms where they're teaching the same information in different styles. That's brilliant in my opinion. Beyond secondary education, even in college the primary focus of my learning was spitting out facts. My brain works a bit differently in that I can absorb and understand information pretty well, so it's not just memorization...but memorization is NOT the point of college. College has become something it was never meant to be: job training. College was created for those who wanted to learn more, and now it's just a money printing factory. There needs to be more trade school like opportunities. How many of us needed all those liberal arts classes? Schools say that it's to make you a well rounded individuals, but it's to force you to be there for four years. Money printing factories.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be buying a home until these loans are gone.

Actually, a lot of financial experts these days are recommending renting over buying these days and trying to invest as much as you can in order to grow your portfolio.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, a lot of financial experts these days are recommending renting over buying these days and trying to invest as much as you can in order to grow your portfolio.

Yep. I mean, there's still the fact that a home is one of the best investments you can have (good to have, refinance when you need money, generally get a return on it, etc.), but the fact that the market doesn't really give the same return on investment pretty much tells you what you need to know about it. It's not the same investment it once was, safer to put your money elsewhere. I'm a single young female, last thing I need is a house.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HS I went to is very progressive (it's in a rich, undiverse area...so of course they have all the money they want) and has changed a ton since I left (5 whole years ago). When I was there class sizes were about 15-20, staff to student ratio was probably 1/6, and they had so many smart boards that we had more than one in a few classrooms.
Hey, at least when I went there they were progressive enough that they had Apple //e computers in the computer lab. :thumb:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, at least when I went there they were progressive enough that they had Apple //e computers in the computer lab. :thumb:

Hey, we had those as well :thumb: and the library had a Tandy TRS-80. Good times.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, we had those as well :thumb: and the library had a Tandy TRS-80. Good times.

LOL....We only had the Trash 80's in the computer class rooms only.

But if you wanted to use one of the Apple's you had to have access to the "special" class room. You had to be smart to get access to those, so I never got to see them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Vic 20 with a tape drive. I was so cool.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird localized storms. Been sunny at the office all day. 3 miles away, at home - massive hailstorm.

And that means insurance scammers canvassing the neighborhood this afternoon.

So that's 2 things that drive me fucking nuts.