• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only realizing you are not muted AFTER muttering under your breath "Oh my fucking God" after the umpteenth stupid question
I only fell victim to the unmuted gaffe once, and it was only a heavy sigh, which I had to scramble to explain.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone complained or questioned it, my line of work gives me a pretty simple out.

"Oh, sorry, Something on another screen was a little shocking."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens to me way too often and pisses me off every time. When you are at a four way intersection and the main road has 4 lanes.
You get the green like (no turn arrows) and you need to make the left-hand turn. But the person who gets the easy right-hand turn goes into the left lane vs the right lane, essentially blocking you from turning.

Top car is me and making the left into the left lane. Bottom car instead of turning into the right lane (black line) they turn into the left lane (red line).
1727210714059.png
NOTE: The intersection, this happens to me at all the time. The lane I am in is a straight or left hand turn only. The right lane is for right-hand turns. It is the same for the other car. Right lane is straight or right hand turns only. Left lane is left hand turn only.

Attachments

• 1727210504105.png
    1727210504105.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 0

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens to me way too often and pisses me off every time. When you are at a four way intersection and the main road has 4 lanes.
You get the green like (no turn arrows) and you need to make the left-hand turn. But the person who gets the easy right-hand turn goes into the left lane vs the right lane, essentially blocking you from turning.

Top car is me and making the left into the left lane. Bottom car instead of turning into the right lane (black line) they turn into the left lane (red line).
View attachment 375091
NOTE: The intersection, this happens to me at all the time. The lane I am in is a straight or left hand turn only. The right lane is for right-hand turns. It is the same for the other car. Right lane is straight or right hand turns only. Left lane is left hand turn only.
This is a popular one on reddit ... Ive seen it posted in many communities

1727211477738.png

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on the fallacy of the zipper merge. That's all I'll say.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that guy who drives as far as possible in the lane that's ending before trying to squeeze in at the very last second lest he run into the pylons and barrier? I really can't stand that guy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on the fallacy of the zipper merge. That's all I'll say.
It has its pros and cons. Pro if everyone is doing it correctly. Con it causes traffic because no one ever does it correctly.
By meaning, everyone takes their turn accordingly.

The BS part of it is filling cars up in multiple lanes does not help the traffic, it just puts more cars in more lanes.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has its pros and cons. Pro if everyone is doing it correctly. Con it causes traffic because no one ever does it correctly.
By meaning, everyone takes their turn accordingly.

The BS part of it is filling cars up in multiple lanes does not help the traffic, it just puts more cars in more lanes.
my driving instructor way back in the day would go all Yogi Berra about zipper merges and say "if everybody goes ... everybody goes"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How about that guy who drives as far as possible in the lane that's ending before trying to squeeze in at the very last second lest he run into the pylons and barrier? I really can't stand that guy.
There is some minor construction on my way to work where two lanes goes to one, really not a huge deal, you miss maybe three lights.

This morning, every single car darting up the right was either a Tesla or BMW. Living up to the stereotype.

I have taken to straddling both lanes to block the right side. Because fuck them, that's why.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously what is Raw Sauerkraut. :L I guess people will fall for anything with buzz word labels on it.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my biggest pet peeves in the office was the people who would microwave popcorn.

If the bag said microwave for three minutes and 30 seconds they would set the microwave for three minutes and 30 seconds and walk away and burn it.

How hard is it to stand at a microwave and when the kernels stop popping you open the door and take it out regardless of how much of the recommended cooking time is left?!?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my biggest pet peeves in the office was the people who would microwave popcorn.

If the bag said microwave for three minutes and 30 seconds they would set the microwave for three minutes and 30 seconds and walk away and burn it.

How hard is it to stand at a microwave and when the kernels stop popping you open the door and take it out regardless of how much of the recommended cooking time is left?!?

Not to mention that microwaved popcorn is very unhealthy for you.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story time about annoying stuff at work.

The old office we had one of those great industrial Bunn Coffee Machines. It was all well and good except for the many folks that would take the last cup of coffee, not refill or not turn off the burner. This happened a lot and most times one of us, that cared to pay attention would catch it. Naturally the one time it wasn't caught because the few of us that paid attention were out of the office. And yes the carafe shattered and got glass on the counter and the floor.
Those fools instead of cleaning it up just sort of swept it in a pile and left it go. An unassuming employee came to use the sink and got cut on a piece of glass they didn't notice and had to get stitches.

That was the end of the free coffee in the breakroom.

That above story we also had the opposite happen many times. And it was the same group of people, when they actually "remembered" to make more coffee they tended to forget to turn on the burner so about 30 minutes after it was done brewing the pot of coffee was cold.