• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5 week vendor engagement where the vendor resource is on Pacific time, so we don't start until lunch time my time. Meaning 5 weeks without a proper lunch break.

And finding out today that the project manager is out this coming Thursday and Friday in addition to my teammate already on vacation so I have to lead the sessions myself.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the PM's kids are in the room with him and fighting and shrieking in the background.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5 week vendor engagement where the vendor resource is on Pacific time, so we don't start until lunch time my time. Meaning 5 weeks without a proper lunch break.

And finding out today that the project manager is out this coming Thursday and Friday in addition to my teammate already on vacation so I have to lead the sessions myself.

I'm the lone Pacific time zone guy who works with colleagues in the Eastern time zone. I look forward to 2 PM my time Monday-Friday as no more e-mails are coming in and all meetings are done :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the lone Pacific time zone guy who works with colleagues in the Eastern time zone. I look forward to 2 PM my time Monday-Friday as no more e-mails are coming in and all meetings are done :D
I just don't understand why our PM isn't demanding an EST start time. This guy always goes to lunch at 4 our time so that's effectively the end of our day. He does work on his own per our instructions after our hours, but feels like a lot of collaboration time is lost as we have to re-hash his solo work every "morning".

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why our PM isn't demanding an EST start time. This guy always goes to lunch at 4 our time so that's effectively the end of our day. He does work on his own per our instructions after our hours, but feels like a lot of collaboration time is lost as we have to re-hash his solo work every "morning".

Yeah, I've actually attended Teams meetings at 5 am Pacific time (8 am for the Eastern folks) as that was the only time available. Training courses for the most part are on Eastern time as well. That is pretty much standard here in North America.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
When I was a stock analyst I had my calls with the sales team before market open, so the calls would be 5am my time.

When a company reported after hours (as they usually did) I had to wait for their earnings call to begin... Then adjust my models, write a report on the earnings and outlook and valuation, potentially adjust rating, and have it published in time for those sales meetings. Working til 2 or 3 am for an 5am call. My my assistant was in Toronto, so he was working until 5am for an 8am meeting. Poor bugger had to show up in person to those.

No wonder cocaine was rampant in the industry.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today, the PM has decided he needs to fuck off for 2 hours immediately after kicking the meeting off.

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hulett Brothers - Useless, fake, and annoying.