• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pokemon Go. How is this so popular. I don't get it. I guess someone gets it though.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pokemon Go. How is this so popular. I don't get it. I guess someone gets it though.

You know, I tried their previous augmented reality game, "Ingress" and thought the concept was great. I just didn't find the execution interesting enough. But combine the mechanics of a game forcing you to get out and explore your environment, with the cultural phenomenon* of Pokemon, and I completely understand why it's such a hit.

There are actually some really interesting business aspects to Pokemon Go. Apparently anyone can buy "lures" for $100 that spawn Pokemon in a local environment. Businesses can do this, and it draws a ton of people. So if you're a cafe or a bar, and want a few extra patrons, it can be pretty effective if there's crossover in the two crowds. (The $100 package buys enough lures to effectively lure people for 80 hours, I've read.)

*Not for me, but I know enough people 5-10 years younger who are huge into it. Along with Goku and whatever cartoon that is.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I tried their previous augmented reality game, "Ingress" and thought the concept was great. I just didn't find the execution interesting enough. But combine the mechanics of a game forcing you to get out and explore your environment, with the cultural phenomenon* of Pokemon, and I completely understand why it's such a hit.

There are actually some really interesting business aspects to Pokemon Go. Apparently anyone can buy "lures" for $100 that spawn Pokemon in a local environment. Businesses can do this, and it draws a ton of people. So if you're a cafe or a bar, and want a few extra patrons, it can be pretty effective if there's crossover in the two crowds. (The $100 package buys enough lures to effectively lure people for 80 hours, I've read.)

*Not for me, but I know enough people 5-10 years younger who are huge into it. Along with Goku and whatever cartoon that is.

The downside is, of course, someone set up a lure and robbed like five people of their phones at gunpoint.

Overall, it's a good idea. Gets people outside, and except for the few growing pains of idiots driving and slamming on their brakes in traffic or people walking out into roads without looking, I think it's great. My two youngest just spent three hours at a metro park with friends looking for them. They met a bunch of people and even the Park Rangers were involved.

My son said that at least six people on his hockey team were talking about it in the locker room at practice.

Just make sure that the email address you sign up for it with or use on your phone isn't anything important. It gains access to send and receive emails on your behalf and might have access to your cloud storage. My son uses his email for hockey practice reminders and to communicate with teachers. And he has no cloud storage. So... Not that big a deal. I won't do it because I have too much tied to the email on my phone.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The business aspect is all i care about when it comes to Pokemon go lol

nintendos share price has gone nuts since the game came out despite Nintendo not even having a majority stake nor will it capture much profit from the game ... it does have other wholly owned smart phone game properties that it will be bringing to market in the next 6 months

plus this announcement today ...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The business aspect is all i care about when it comes to Pokemon go lol

nintendos share price has gone nuts since the game came out despite Nintendo not even having a majority stake nor will it capture much profit from the game ... it does have other wholly owned spart phone game properties that it will be bringing to market in the next 6 months

plus this announcement today ...

I can't wait until it gets hacked and will play ROMs of old and obscure games. I will have one on my desk at work.

I mean...

At home.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... i thought it was from a bad snl skit but she actually said this today

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I have used it so much I have it bookmarked.

4KuBhDA.png

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downside is, of course, someone set up a lure and robbed like five people of their phones at gunpoint.

Overall, it's a good idea. Gets people outside, and except for the few growing pains of idiots driving and slamming on their brakes in traffic or people walking out into roads without looking, I think it's great. My two youngest just spent three hours at a metro park with friends looking for them. They met a bunch of people and even the Park Rangers were involved.

My son said that at least six people on his hockey team were talking about it in the locker room at practice.

Just make sure that the email address you sign up for it with or use on your phone isn't anything important. It gains access to send and receive emails on your behalf and might have access to your cloud storage. My son uses his email for hockey practice reminders and to communicate with teachers. And he has no cloud storage. So... Not that big a deal. I won't do it because I have too much tied to the email on my phone.

Lol, did that really happen?

Every now and then new types of games come out that introduce new dynamics and elements of social interaction. People can be really cynical, and there are, as you said, growing pains, but overall it's gotta be positive. I remember when games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band came out. Apart from just being damn fun, you have to figure that at least a few kids took a genuine interest in learning an instrument, that otherwise would not have.

Mind you, we'll probably read tomorrow about how someone got run over trying to catch a Pokemon in the middle of a highway.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind you, we'll probably read tomorrow about how someone got run over trying to catch a Pokemon in the middle of a highway.
Already have. And Guitar Hero doesn't have you running out in the middle of the street.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
didn't take that long. two idiots walked off of an 80 foot cliff today chasing doodads in San Diego

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tamagotchi is much safer. And it loves me.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if we didn't have enough clueless dolts walking/driving around with their heads buried in their phones...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who miss a green arrow because they were texting, and then when I honk at them because their heads are low enough into their laps that they could be self-fellating while they should be turning left they flip me off.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who miss a green arrow because they were texting, and then when I honk at them because their heads are low enough into their laps that they could be self-fellating while they should be turning left they flip me off.

I saw the word arrow and I thought this was going to be a crossbow rant.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do they say sorry after they've flipped you off?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who go to disneyland with broken legs ... Really? There was no way to cancel your trip. Move bitch get out tha way

Makes me wanna break their arms so they cant control the wheelchair and push them into the lagoon off tom sawyer island

/i thought this was the happiest place on earth ??? :noidea: