• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filtration standards are lower on ice for some reason, so when it melts, there's some stuff in your drink you might not want there, also. Just so you all know.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filtration standards are lower on ice for some reason, so when it melts, there's some stuff in your drink you might not want there, also. Just so you all know.
Damn environmentalists. Who needs clean water?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

False, the ice in the case at the front of my Grocery store says "healthier than home made" and since when can advertisers lie?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False, the ice in the case at the front of my Grocery store says "healthier than home made" and since when can advertisers lie?

Regardless of those advertisers' honesty, that ice and the ice they serve in restaurants is not necessarily the same.

Of course, if they're assuming "home made" is just unfiltered tap water, their standards aren't especially high... :rolleyes:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on this note ... EXACTLY!!! ... suck it up people ... and then drink it up

Mount Polley Mine tailings water 'very close' to drinking quality, company says - British Columbia - CBC News

"Imperial Metals president Brian Kynoch says he would drink water from tailings pond that leaked into rivers" he then whispered "but i dont want to die"

Wait a tic, they have tailing ponds in BC, I thought those only existed in dirty "we don't care about the environment" Alberta. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that oil pipelines are currently running through the province of BC all the way to the coast.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a tic, they have tailing ponds in BC, I thought those only existed in dirty "we don't care about the environment" Alberta. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that oil pipelines are currently running through the province of BC all the way to the coast.

nope dash ... they are everywhere ... not just in "we dont care about the environment" Alberta :whistle:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry jstew, some of the hypocrisy and NIMBY attitudes of BC environmentalists drives me fricken nuts.

yah im usually anti-NIMBY but a funny thing happens when its suddenly your backyard (lol)
and "something" happens in that backyard (or 10 blocks away) ... and they want to triple the flow of oil without changing/reinforcing/expanding the infrastructure under the road down the block

:ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a bill in the mail for exceeding my water quota over the last four months. I have to pay 69 cents to my municipal district.

/I'm pretty sure I have 69 pennies still floating around the house.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A five lane highway that expands out to 12 lanes for tolls and back down to 2 lanes after the tolls to go over the bridge.

And is the only bridge between about 9 million people and the beach.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost said goodnight to the world earlier today. It was pouring buckets of water and I was out trying to get some grub to eat. The walk sign turned on and while I was focused solely on trying not to step in a huge puddle, this car comes out of fucking nowhere just as I was almost halfway across. Luckily another pedestrian behind me said something to me 'cause the driver did NOT slow down - on the contrary, she sped up and swerved around me ONLY because a car was getting ready to make a right-hand turn behind me.

Yes she was a female driver.

No, she was not Asian.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost said goodnight to the world earlier today. It was pouring buckets of water and I was out trying to get some grub to eat. The walk sign turned on and while I was focused solely on trying not to step in a huge puddle, this car comes out of fucking nowhere just as I was almost halfway across. Luckily another pedestrian behind me said something to me 'cause the driver did NOT slow down - on the contrary, she sped up and swerved around me ONLY because a car was getting ready to make a right-hand turn behind me.

Yes she was a female driver.

No, she was not Asian.

Yeah, that was one hell of a storm earlier. I was getting ready for work, and the thunder was so loud, I thought bombs were dropping in the streets. My power went out right before I left, and I got completely soaked in the 5 seconds it took me to get into my car from the house.

The rain was was falling so fast, that it was impossible at times to see anything if front of you. Then you had streets completed flooded over, and the police were out to redirect traffic.

I got to work 2 minutes late, and my Boss said I was still tardy even though the weather and road detours set me back. :gaah:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was one hell of a storm earlier. I was getting ready for work, and the thunder was so loud, I thought bombs were dropping in the streets. My power went out right before I left, and I got completely soaked in the 5 seconds it took me to get into my car from the house.

The rain was was falling so fast, that it was impossible at times to see anything if front of you. Then you had streets completed flooded over, and the police were out to redirect traffic.

I got to work 2 minutes late, and my Boss said I was still tardy even though the weather and road detours set me back. :gaah:

Not every boss can be a good boss.

:rip: :boss: