• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just a laziness thing. Kind of like the name Martin, many people pronounce it Mart-in rather than Mar-tin. But what do I know?

I've known a couple of Martin's who pronounced their own name Mart-in rather than Mar-tin. I think that's a matter of preference.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that type "thru" when they mean "through." I've seen it done on professional documentation and it makes me want to punch them in the jejunum.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that don't know who has the right of way at a stop sign, 4 way or 2 way. There is an intersection here where a secondary road intersects a main thoroughfare (secondary highway). The stop signs are on the secondary road, of course, but it never fails that I will pull up to the stop and there will be a car sitting across from me at the other stop and they have their left turn signal on. When traffic clears, I proceed STRAIGHT across while the shithead across from me pulls out to make his/her left. They will then throw their hands up or give me the finger because they think they have the right of way because they were there first. FUCK YOU!!
At the same token, at a 4-way stop it IS about who gets there first, but there are idiots that insist that they must jump ahead, and others that sit there too long not knowing it is their turn. More clusterfuck.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I guess it could also be a dialect thing.

Though that actually leads to another peeve of mine: people who don't pronounce a person's name right (to the best of their ability at least, considering tricky accents on foreign names and such) or who shorten the person's name (Matthew vs. Matt) without asking the person what they prefer.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that type "thru" when they mean "through." I've seen it done on professional documentation and it makes me want to punch them in the jejunum.
I do it on internet forums and won't stop until I'm thru. :p

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though that actually leads to another peeve of mine: people who don't pronounce a person's name right (to the best of their ability at least, considering tricky accents on foreign names and such) or who shorten the person's name (Matthew vs. Matt) without asking the person what they prefer.

Everyone at work now for some reason calls me by my last name... And they pronounce it wrong, lol. Fuckers.

Many people shorten my name from Jeffrey to Jeff, which I don't mind. In a professional setting, they usually ask, and I'll say Jeff is fine.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always tell people it's their preference, I respond to all the various forms of my name. Or even, not my name. As long as I know you're acknowledging me.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone at work now for some reason calls me by my last name... And they pronounce it wrong, lol. Fuckers.

Many people shorten my name from Jeffrey to Jeff, which I don't mind. In a professional setting, they usually ask, and I'll say Jeff is fine.

Which is exactly how it should be. A lot of people will say that either is fine, but it means a lot to some people.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the moral of the story here to hire an ugly, totally un-bangable secretary?

Yes, get your extra curricular from a restaurant.

I've yet to come into contact with this retardation.

You live in the northeast where all the extra H's went. "I wanna go to the Mahll, but I hahve to pahk my cah on the loht. Thaht'll be a wickehd pissah."

Everyone at work now for some reason calls me by my last name...

Grinder?

Excuse me, Grindah?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, that IS annoying. I mean, just how difficult is it to pronounce "Chief"?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just a laziness thing. Kind of like the name Martin, many people pronounce it Mart-in rather than Mar-tin. But what do I know?

Ooooooooooooh that's another thing I hate!!! :gaah: Who started that shit? It sounds like something a wannabe-hip 14 yr old girl would do but now it's suddenly cool to say Mart-in. Actually they say it like Mar-in. They don't even say the T. Fuckin HATE IT!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ch(i)ef Jeff... The "i" is silent.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, get your extra curricular from a restaurant.

You live in the northeast where all the extra H's went. "I wanna go to the Mahll, but I hahve to pahk my cah on the loht. Thaht'll be a wickehd pissah."

Grinder?

Excuse me, Grindah?

:lol:

:10:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My actual last name is a bitch though... I'd say 1 out of 10 people will pronounce it right.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My actual last name is a bitch though... I'd say 1 out of 10 people will pronounce it right.

You just keep walking into these things, don't you, Jeff Abitch?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just keep walking into these things, don't you, Jeff Abitch?

I'd rep this a few times if I could... I laughed pretty fucking hard.

You get a whole pizza.

:pizza:
:pizza::pizza::pizza:
:pizza: