• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Monsters League - Season 1 Champ: Tomikcon1971

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding...I think every time Michaels says "Wallace", he gets two bonus points. The scoring system is pretty generous to say the least.

It rewards playmakers and "monster" days. It's the first time I've been in a league like this but I like it alot. My biggest annoyance with previous leagues was that a guy would have a HUGE day and it would barely score you more than another guy with average numbers. Made it where you'd rather have a bunch of no name, middle of the roads talents than a couple of studs. I think this way is much more exciting.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize your acceptance wasn't malicious. I just need a win this week get my season on track....provided Wallace doesn't go nuts, all is forgiven :).

I was going to pick up a LB that scored between 6 and 11 points today....don't want to say any names as now I have to battle the waiver wire order to fill my roster. So if I lose by about that much.......:kk:

Last week I would have won if Manningham wouldn't have bobbled a sure TD and then concussed himself on the turf......so I'm a little paranoid right now.

To be fair...if you'd played Knox over Jones you would have cost yourself 6 points.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I acknowledged that much earlier in the thread....I also would have considered pulling Schefler to avoid two TE's. I was thin at WR so I picked him up as filler and the LB I had my eye one scored >6 as well. At the end of the day, it possibly evened itself out, but at 12:05 pm when I discovered it I was not happy....

On a side note, Knox got robbed on the punt return at the end of the game as well. I watched that play a few times and did not see holding anywhere. That would have been 70-80 yards and a TD.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I realize woulda, shoulda, coulda.....

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I acknowledged that much earlier in the thread....I also would have considered pulling Schefler to avoid two TE's. I was thin at WR so I picked him up as filler and the LB I had my eye one scored >6 as well. At the end of the day, it possibly evened itself out, but at 12:05 pm when I discovered it I was not happy....

On a side note, Knox got robbed on the punt return at the end of the game as well. I watched that play a few times and did not see holding anywhere. That would have been 70-80 yards and a TD.

Sorry, didn't see that. Although, you never know what would have happened, I suppose. There are times when I'm flippin' roster spots right up to the last minute, usually a gut feel (like week one when I threw in Ben Tate). Point being...I don't have a point. Go NINERS!!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It rewards playmakers and "monster" days. It's the first time I've been in a league like this but I like it alot. My biggest annoyance with previous leagues was that a guy would have a HUGE day and it would barely score you more than another guy with average numbers. Made it where you'd rather have a bunch of no name, middle of the roads talents than a couple of studs. I think this way is much more exciting.

To be clear, I'm not complaining about the scoring system. I read the rules closely when I signed up. And I've been in high scoring leagues before. The big difference for me is I haven't been in a serpentine league for years......so I was a little out of my element vs. my other leagues. I'll build an adequate team by the middle of the season, but I'm not sure I'll have enough horsepower to make the playoffs.....we shall see.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i just want to say hell of a game and best of luck to you in the rest of the season. it was a nail biter but in the end you deserve the w

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use some luck. I haven't gotten much so far. Season started off with no Peyton Manning so that instantly tanked the value of Wayne and Addai for me. Rivers has been dog shit except for one game. Kind of hard now to decide between him and Fitzpatrick. I would have won this week if I started FitzP. Jerome Simpson decides to be a pot dealer. Hillis gets sick and can't play. Amendola and Jacoby Ford both got hurt. Fuck man, hopefully that is a season's worth.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you won best draft didn't you!?!?!?!??!

Dont worry, Vick has been killing me....

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said best draft was gonna be a bad omen. :doh:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... good man!

I vote all NE Patriot players to be removed from Fantasy.... lol

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all of my leagues i definitely had the worst draft in this league. I have a feeling Addai might become useful for you Ray. They're going to have to at least try and run the ball more, so it may work out for you.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY 49ers... I'm really considering this... Will let you know plenty of time before sunday.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks for the trade VP of carnage. That was fast...

I couldn't figure out though if you really wanted Grossman or just the 10th round draft pick. :-)

I really need receivers, Britt is done and Roy Williams is a bust so far.
The only pleasant surprise I have is Stevie Johnson.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't figure out though if you really wanted Grossman or just the 10th round draft pick. :-)

I really need receivers, Britt is done and Roy Williams is a bust so far.
The only pleasant surprise I have is Stevie Johnson.

I was initially going for Grossman, but for some reason i thought the waiver wire actually lower on QB's without checking. Oh well, i guess i moved up a little bit at least. Mike Thomas should be a solid start and i know you needed WR's badly.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of activity a brewing in Monsters.... the excitment continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lookin for a rb willing to part with multiple early rd draft picks