• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Michael Vick now owns a dog

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. He did his time and paid his dues. Hopefully he learned his lesson that dog is spoiled and pampered. If not then Vick will be back in jail for a nice long stay.

It's kinda dumb that this is even a story.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. He did his time and paid his dues. Hopefully he learned his lesson that dog is spoiled and pampered. If not then Vick will be back in jail for a nice long stay.

I disagree. He has every right at this point, but it's VERY understandable if many people don't like it or just can't be indifferent about it.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among issues like the economy, war(s), unemployment, taxes, health care, and Seasame St, I really don't understand why Michael Vick & a dog are what gets people riled up these days. Vick paid his debt to society, then got a dog for his kids once the law deemed it O.K.

Do people think Vick is gonna steal his childrens' dog so he can torture it out round back when they aren't looking? Or should innocent children be punished because of a mistake someone else made, that they probably don't even understand, because strangers want to punish Vick further than the law allows by being spiteful towards his kids?

And I don't want to hear anything about how the dog will be treated poorly, because with all eyes on him, Vick is gonna pamper that dog & give it a life better than any of us have currently.

If people want to be upset, be upset that Vick said he wouldn't get his children a pit bull, which furthers the stigmatization of pit bulls as vicious/dangerous/mean in the media. Be upset that provinces in Canada will take your dog and put it down BECAUSE it simply LOOKS like a pit bull; be mad that SF passed anti-pit bull legislation; be mad that the people who claim to be protecting animal rights (PETA) are the ones who kill 85-90% of the animals they 'rescue'..... I mean, fuck, even Michael Vick's 'Bad Newz Kennelz' dogs had a better than 10% chance at living.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. He did his time and paid his dues. Hopefully he learned his lesson and that dog will be spoiled and pampered. If not then Vick will be back in jail for a nice long stay.

This!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among issues like the economy, war(s), unemployment, taxes, health care, and Seasame St, I really don't understand why Michael Vick & a dog are what gets people riled up these days. Vick paid his debt to society, then got a dog for his kids once the law deemed it O.K.

Do people think Vick is gonna steal his childrens' dog so he can torture it out round back when they aren't looking? Or should innocent children be punished because of a mistake someone else made, that they probably don't even understand, because strangers want to punish Vick further than the law allows by being spiteful towards his kids?

And I don't want to hear anything about how the dog will be treated poorly, because with all eyes on him, Vick is gonna pamper that dog & give it a life better than any of us have currently.

If people want to be upset, be upset that Vick said he wouldn't get his children a pit bull, which furthers the stigmatization of pit bulls as vicious/dangerous/mean in the media. Be upset that provinces in Canada will take your dog and put it down BECAUSE it simply LOOKS like a pit bull; be mad that SF passed anti-pit bull legislation; be mad that the people who claim to be protecting animal rights (PETA) are the ones who kill 85-90% of the animals they 'rescue'..... I mean, fuck, even Michael Vick's 'Bad Newz Kennelz' dogs had a better than 10% chance at living.

I stopped right there due do hysteria - when I'm done laughing I'll resume reading your post.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The flawed logic is strong in this post.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped right there due do hysteria - when I'm done laughing I'll resume reading your post.

Seasame St is a serious issue. This nation cannot allow Oscar to be a Grouch while living in a trash can on the U.S. GOVERNMENT'S dime any further!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seasame St is a serious issue. This nation cannot allow Oscar to be a Grouch while living in a trash can on the U.S. GOVERNMENT'S dime any further!

THAT is so damn TRUE!! Screw Occupy Wall Street - We Need Occupy Sesame Street! The Little Bastards!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He did his time and paid his dues

This is a concept that less and less people seem to understand, or at least care about, in a lot of things. Vick actually got a pretty harsh punishment, but its never enough.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Not to mention Snuffalufagus, the homeless junkie....where do you think he gets the money for all his dope?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this even a story?

You should never be allowed to own a car if you've been caught drunk driving?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar.

A child molester, or even someone of a sex offense like child ****, cannot have contact with minors in many situations, even though "they did their time."

It's not similar at all. It's an erroneous comparison.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of the best comment responses I've heard to this story:

" in other news Casey Anthony just opened a daycare."

" Ben Roethlisberger is chaperoning a sorority rush party."

" Hey, if Roethlisberger can have a wife, Vick should be able to get a dog."