• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Michael Vick now owns a dog

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the real story is that this Vick brought his dog to practice this week, and the little guy's already picked him off four times.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard Little has had girlfriends, let Michael Vick have a dog.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among issues like the economy, war(s), unemployment, taxes, health care, and Seasame St, I really don't understand why Michael Vick & a dog are what gets people riled up these days. Vick paid his debt to society, then got a dog for his kids once the law deemed it O.K.

Do people think Vick is gonna steal his childrens' dog so he can torture it out round back when they aren't looking? Or should innocent children be punished because of a mistake someone else made, that they probably don't even understand, because strangers want to punish Vick further than the law allows by being spiteful towards his kids?

And I don't want to hear anything about how the dog will be treated poorly, because with all eyes on him, Vick is gonna pamper that dog & give it a life better than any of us have currently.

If people want to be upset, be upset that Vick said he wouldn't get his children a pit bull, which furthers the stigmatization of pit bulls as vicious/dangerous/mean in the media. Be upset that provinces in Canada will take your dog and put it down BECAUSE it simply LOOKS like a pit bull; be mad that SF passed anti-pit bull legislation; be mad that the people who claim to be protecting animal rights (PETA) are the ones who kill 85-90% of the animals they 'rescue'..... I mean, fuck, even Michael Vick's 'Bad Newz Kennelz' dogs had a better than 10% chance at living.

smh

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By virtue of being Vick's dog, this is already the most overrated dog in the country.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be persuaded on this issues. However, i just feel that Vick has been dismissed for what he did far too early. Maybe he's changed, maybe he issn't. The fact is that what he did to dogs was inhumane.

Yes, Vick has contributed to Pita and other organizations to try and pay back the wrongs he did. Was it because he felt guilty? Or was it the fact that he had to do it to try and prove to people that he's a changed man. If he hadn't been caught, do you honestly think he would of stopped doing it?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Have to file this one under "uncomfortable feelings."

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be a lot more worried Ron Mexico has children. What if he is holding one of them and he fumbles

Seasame St is a serious issue. This nation cannot allow Oscar to be a Grouch while living in a trash can on the U.S. GOVERNMENT'S dime any further!

Those fking idiots dont realise what a huge role that show has as a cultural ambassador overseas, at the same time that Mitt is going to the olympics and making a joke of himself

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Those fking idiots dont realise what a huge role that show has as a cultural ambassador overseas, at the same time that Mitt is going to the olympics and making a joke of himself

Great. Why not give tax money to the people who make Dora the Explorer too? Because everyone loves having money taken out of their paychecks to subsidize TV shows. Especially when those TV shows already make a ton of money without any subsidies.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why waste money on things like education when you could spend it on starting another war

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why waste money on things like education when you could spend it on starting another war

Where the hell did that come from?

You do realize that Sesame Street doesn't need tax subsidies to exist don't you? They make a ton of money. The subsidies are simply a slush fund for people who work there, and people who are actually productive have money taken out of their checks for it.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell did that come from?

You do realize that Sesame Street doesn't need tax subsidies to exist don't you? They make a ton of money. The subsidies are simply a slush fund for people who work there, and people who are actually productive have money taken out of their checks for it.

:frusty:

Really?

:smash:

I could take that seriously if your stance is that you are 100% against subsidies of any kind, but I'm guessing that is not the case. $140 Million a year (PBS's government subsidy) isn't much of a slush fund in comparison to money that the government pisses away in its sleep (530+ Mil to Solyndra).

Math time!
$140,000,000/120,589,850 workers* = $1.161 that each U.S. worker pays, annually, that is spent on subsidizing PBS.

I'm willing to spend $1.16 a year on PBS - want me to sponsor you? I'll send you $1.16 a year if you are hurting for money that much. Heck, I could pay you for your entire work career/support the PBS slush fund & still not spend $50.

*2007 U.S. employment numbers under Bush (as to not give Obama an unfair bias of having lowered unemployment numbers since taking office.)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:frusty:

Really?

:smash:

I could take that seriously if your stance is that you are 100% against subsidies of any kind, but I'm guessing that is not the case. $140 Million a year (PBS's government subsidy) isn't much of a slush fund in comparison to money that the government pisses away in its sleep (530+ Mil to Solyndra).

Math time!
$140,000,000/120,589,850 workers* = $1.161 that each U.S. worker pays, annually, that is spent on subsidizing PBS.

I'm willing to spend $1.16 a year on PBS - want me to sponsor you? I'll send you $1.16 a year if you are hurting for money that much. Heck, I could pay you for your entire work career/support the PBS slush fund & still not spend $50.

*2007 U.S. employment numbers under Bush (as to not give Obama an unfair bias of having lowered unemployment numbers since taking office.)

And This! - Great Post!

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go ahead and butt in on the Niner's board...

I people have a problem with Vick being allowed to live his life then the proactive thing to do would be tfo write their congressmen and demand harsher sentences for animal abuse.

Also, PBS is awesome. It could probably fund itself, but it's such a minor issue financially. Like the above poster stated, $140,000,000. I don't really see why people are making this a big deal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

As long as I'm understanding what you mean by "subsidies" then yes, I am against all of them.

Math time!
$140,000,000/120,589,850 workers* = $1.161 that each U.S. worker pays, annually, that is spent on subsidizing PBS. I'm willing to spend $1.16 a year on PBS - want me to sponsor you? I'll send you $1.16 a year if you are hurting for money that much. Heck, I could pay you for your entire work career/support the PBS slush fund & still not spend $50.

I'm not willing to pay a penny to fund PBS. And almost nobody would if they weren't forced to. Actually, PBS got 445 Million, not 140. NPR got about the same. And are you willing to pay everyone's share who doesn't want to pay for them? Because that would probably be about $444 million for both PBS and NPR.

The country is beyond broke, and irresponsible a-holes want to spend tax money on crap like this.