• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - London Olympics thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two thousand five hundred forty-three...
two thousand five hundred forty-four...
two thousand five hundred forty-five...

good one.. I felt bad so I fixed it

LOL! Damn it, I lost count of all our medals. Now I have to start again... ;)

(Alternate ZING! - I can't really hear see... what Mattola is posting... because my view is blocked... by this massive pile of medals.)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two thousand five hundred forty-three...
two thousand five hundred forty-four...
two thousand five hundred forty-five...

LOL! Damn it, I lost count of all our medals. Now I have to start again... ;)

(Alternate ZING! - I can't really hear see... what Mattola is posting... because my view is blocked... by this massive pile of medals.)

Hehe

Thought I heard on radio today that America ranks 20th in medals by country per population :) and im sure you care as about as much for most medals as I care for the trampoline one we got this year

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@krufrank: Five Cameroon boxers, a swimmer and a soccer player are missing from Olympic Athlete Village - believed to be seeking asylum in Britain.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehe

Thought I heard on radio today that America ranks 20th in medals by country per population :)

It's true. :pout:

Some dickhead poster mentioned that same ranking in this thread today. Anti-American, pro-Grenadian propaganda if you ask me!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last gernade I tossed said Made in America on it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
America is awesome at volleyball. :usa2:

Maybe I should have stuck with it... :think:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFA released a statement on Wednesday saying there will be no disciplinary action taken against the Canadian women’s soccer team for actions following their semi-final loss to USA, prior to their bronze medal game against France.

“In view of the elements currently at its disposal, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee considers that further investigation will be needed regarding incidents that occurred after the conclusion of the match between Canada and the USA on 6 August at Old Trafford."

“The FIFA Disciplinary Committee is therefore not in a position to take any decision at present. Further information will be provided in due course, but not prior to the bronze medal match between Canada and France on 9 August.”

The international governing body of soccer announced on Tuesday that it launched an investigation into the Canadians for what they called “incidents that occurred after the conclusion of the match.”

Following Canada’s semi-final 4-3, extra-time loss to the USA, many of the Canadian players were critical of Norwegian referee Christina Pedersen for a series of calls she made in the 80th minute that led to a tying goal for the American side.

Canada will play France for bronze on Thursday.

Something tells me Sinclair and Tancredi will likely receive suspensions after this match against France. The IOC and FIFA see a potential gold mine in ratings with this bronze medal game and money talks.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more medals for Canada by the way (a silver in kayaking and a bronze in canoeing)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedersen has been Augered...

The Norwegian referee who made controversial calls during Canada's semi-final encounter with the United States in women's soccer will not be involved in the gold and bronze medal games.

FIFA, the governing body of soccer, announced the referee selection for the final two games and Christina Pedersen's name was noticeably absent.

Pedersen came under fire after making controversial calls in Monday's game. She penalized Canadian goalkeeper Erin McLeod for holding the ball too long after making a save in the 80th minute, awarding the U.S. an indirect free kick in the penalty area.

Pedersen then awarded the Americans a penalty resulting from Megan Rapinoe's free kick. The ball struck the elbow of Canadian Marie-Eve Nault with the player turning away. The play resulted in Abby Wambach founding the back of the net and tying the game.

Pedersen, who has been an international referee since 2007, officiated three matches in the women's soccer tournament, tied for the most amongst all soccer officials at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

There had been speculation that Pedersen had actually been suspended, however FIFA denied those allegations, stating: "these claims are completely untrue."

According to FIFA, the referee who will handle Thursday's gold medal match between the United States and Japan will be the same official who handled the 2011 Women's World Cup Final, also coincidentally contested by USA and Japan.

According to FIFA, her selection was based upon experience and quality.

FIFA Media Manager for London 2012, Alex Stone, explained that it would be very unusual for an official to referee a semi-fian and a final in the same tournament due to the fact that Olympic referees are given at least two days of recovery time between matches.

The tournament concludes on Thursday as Canada faces France in the bronze medal match while the United States battle Japan for gold

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no nazi by any means, nor do I defend whatever the Hell her boyfriend is affiliated with... But this is ridiculous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/07/s...nadja-drygallas-boyfriend.html?pagewanted=all

Why are the Olympics probing athletes lives like this?

for all the olympics stands for I cant imagine and they would be happy on her relationship but I cant see why they could do anything about it. however Germany is another matter. with the events of WWII many things are quite illegal and very very frowned upon. from it being illegal to name your child hitler, to making jewish jokes (ask South Park creators about that) etc.. they are extreme against the extremists. I guess thats what happens when the world (yes mostly americans) kick the shit out of you in the end.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the olympics stands for I cant imagine and they would be happy on her relationship but I cant see why they could do anything about it. however Germany is another matter. with the events of WWII many things are quite illegal and very very frowned upon. from it being illegal to name your child hitler, to making jewish jokes (ask South Park creators about that) etc.. they are extreme against the extremists. I guess thats what happens when the world (yes mostly americans) kick the shit out of you in the end.

I had no idea Germany was that strict against neo extremists.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IOC may not have commemorated it in London ... but 40 years ago, i think something happened to some jewish athletes and maybe sending home a neo nazi's former girlfriend with access to the Olympic village ??? ... probably a good idea ... i could be wrong :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea Germany was that strict against neo extremists.

im not sure of all germany but when I was in Frankfurt we spoke to some locals. it was right around Obama getting sworn in and we saw some racism live between 2 bartenders, 1 black and 1 white, I was with a friend that lived in Frankfurt and he gave us some info on it as we asked about it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they let her compete ... she can go the fuck home now ... nothing about her boyfriends background jives with the Olympic spirit or idealisim

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they let her compete ... she can go the fuck home now ... nothing about her boyfriends background jives with the Olympic spirit or idealisim

its funny how she condemns so much of his beliefs and his circles ways but still wants to stay with him. I say she is also in belief with her boyfriend and just openly speaks against it while she competes.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFA Media Manager for London 2012, Alex Stone, explained that it would be very unusual for an official to referee a semi-fian and a final in the same tournament due to the fact that Olympic referees are given at least two days of recovery time between matches.

Let's see, Tuesday is one and Wednesday is two - I think FIFA needs counting lessons from Abby Wambach.