• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Kings to Seattle

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with that. San Jose deserves an NBA team before Sacramento did.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crapramento doesn't deserve a professional sports team.

Bullshit! The fans of the Kings are among some of the best in the league! It is the Fans that deserve better than the Aloofs!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Always wondered how this works with the fans in seattle. Are some of those sonics fans now OKC fans and will not support the new seattle team? Or will they just grab fandom of the new seattle team?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Always wondered how this works with the fans in seattle. Are some of those sonics fans now OKC fans and will not support the new seattle team? Or will they just grab fandom of the new seattle team?

Probably the latter. I'm sure a bunch absolutely hate OKC and the NBA for the way that deal went down.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Ellison needs to step up and buy a team and move them to SJ. I know he already tried buying the Grizzlies and Hornets, but the NBA doesn't want to move either team, and ended up rejecting Ellison's offers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento deserves to keep the Kings. I read somewhere that the Kings sold out their games for 19 of the 27 seasons they've been in Sacramento. They are also up there in the list of longest sellout streaks. It's the Maloofs who have effed everything up. The city and the fans have done just about everything they can. The current poor attendance has everything to do with the Maloofs' mismanagement and bad faith. Get a new owner and the sellouts will resume.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the latter. I'm sure a bunch absolutely hate OKC and the NBA for the way that deal went down.

Everyone in Seattle despises Clay Bennett and David Stern. What happened to Seattle by those two was a disgrace, Seattle was a fabulous basketball town for 41 years. It's sad that Sacramento may lose a team to Seattle, but Seattle would be a good basketball town. The ironic thing is that Chris Hansen is going to paying for a new arena mostly out of his own pocket, there has to be a part of David Stern that doesn't like that idea because of the message it sends -- owners paying for their own stadiums? The horror!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Ellison needs to step up and buy a team and move them to SJ. I know he already tried buying the Grizzlies and Hornets, but the NBA doesn't want to move either team, and ended up rejecting Ellison's offers.

Just start taking CalTrain a little north in 2017. ;)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just start taking CalTrain a little north in 2017. ;)

Ugh, 2017. I don't get why it's gonna take them that long. Niners' stadium is gonna take roughly two years to finish.

I'm sure there is a bunch of crap involved in constructing an arena that I have no idea about. :gaah:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento deserves to keep the Kings. I read somewhere that the Kings sold out their games for 19 of the 27 seasons they've been in Sacramento. They are also up there in the list of longest sellout streaks. It's the Maloofs who have effed everything up. The city and the fans have done just about everything they can. The current poor attendance has everything to do with the Maloofs' mismanagement and bad faith. Get a new owner and the sellouts will resume.

Ding!-Ding!-Ding!-Ding! Tell him what he has won Johnny! Well said Robo.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Kings fans are great. I worked at the flagship radio station for the Kings. I've been privy to all this crap purely by osmosis (I'm not an NBA fan; I'll watch the finals, but that's about it). The city of Sacramento (where I live) is a dump. It's not the fans' fault, but Crapramento is lucky they didn't leave years ago.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding!-Ding!-Ding!-Ding! Tell him what he has won Johnny! Well said Robo.

Thanks, bro. This whole thing is effed up. What kind of message is that to send to NBA fans if the NBA Board of Governors approves this? You can do everything right and still have your team ripped away from you. On top of screwing over great NBA fans, the move is wrong because the Kings have showed that they can make money in Sacramento. The right solution IMO is to give Seattle an expansion team. That way it's only the Maloofs who are screwed. I am a Warriors fan, and I know that the Warriors stand to benefit from the Kings leaving, but I support Kings fans' efforts to keep their team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to take them to Seattle, I wish they just come out and say it. I know it might not be smart to do so, but I hated the OKC move because they kept saying they had no intentions, until they did it. I felt that they asked for too much money from the Seattle and acted like, oh well, we tried. I think it's the same for St. Louis owners and Jacksonville Jaguars. The uncertainty and distrust can't be good for business. Just move if you can - but I know it's not that simple, they need to sometimes keep two pots cooking at the same time.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, bro. This whole thing is effed up. What kind of message is that to send to NBA fans if the NBA Board of Governors approves this? You can do everything right and still have your team ripped away from you. On top of screwing over great NBA fans, the move is wrong because the Kings have showed that they can make money in Sacramento. The right solution IMO is to give Seattle an expansion team. That way it's only the Maloofs who are screwed. I am a Warriors fan, and I know that the Warriors stand to benefit from the Kings leaving, but I support Kings fans' efforts to keep their team.

They've already screwed over NBA fans before - Seattle - and that's why the BOV will approve this deal.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for the fans in Sacramento.
I love Hockey and spent 8 years playing Goalie, but after the Thrasher left Atlanta I have yet to watch a game. I just stopped caring with no team to root for anymore. I use to be a big Avalanche fan, but once guys like Sakic, Roy, and Forsberg left and Atlanta got a team I stopped paying attention to them.

It's hard to continue enjoying a sport once your favorite team is taking from you. It doesn't matter how good or bad they are.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle is going to change the name back to the Supersonics with this move. The paper said that they will move and play in the 2013-14 year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already screwed over NBA fans before - Seattle - and that's why the BOV will approve this deal.

This is where the NBA fails miserably! The league needs to be constantly recruiting potential ownership groups for situations just like this. Kick the Aloofs to the curb, bring in a new ownership group and keep the team in a financially viable market.