• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Kings to Seattle

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it came to that, what would you think of the Warriors moving to San Jose? Maybe they'd also change the Warriors name. Or was your suggestion of expansion there predicted on keeping the Golden State Warriors, knowing that the area is big enough to support two teams, like the Clippers and Lakers do, and sort of, the Raiders and 49ers?

Warriors will relocate to SF around 2017, when the "hitch" in the leasing agreement for the Oakland coliseum can take effect, although the Warriors could potentially still play in Oakland til 2027. However, everyone knew that Guber and Lacob were going to move the team in SF once they purchased it from the much maligned Chris Cohen.

The only deal is whether or not a stadium will be built by 2017 in the area where the new stadium is supposed to be - Larry Ellison had to scrap plans for the America's Cup twice in that same area because of many legal issues and concerns with the timetable for building there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think the Warriors will benefit as much as people are assuming - the games will be televised up there but Sacramento isn't that big of a market to begin with, unlike the A's moving to SJ where the Giants are claiming "territorial rights" for reasons including having a Single A affiliate down there.

Also, the NBA is shady to begin with - the Tim Donaghy issue, super teams being formed, the commissioner being perhaps the 2nd worse commissioner in pro sports following Gary Bettman of the NHL, etc. Pretty sad loss for Kevin Johnson, a Cal alum, and the city of Sacramento. Pretty big win, on the otherhand, for Seattle. They lost out on a potential dynasty in what is currently the OKC Thunder, but the Kings have some pieces to make something happen on that team.

Shady seems to imply certain things and I don't see that in the super teams, though it bugs me. I didn't like when Garnett and Allen went to Boston of LeBron and Bosh went to Miami. I would have disliked the Malone to LA if I weren't a Jazz follower before. I don't know how you could stop the super teams, other than maybe having only one max contract (as in max for the league, not max for that player, because every player level has a max obviously). If they want to form to super team, they have to be willing to sign one for much less. (Going by average salary per year, otherwise they would just alternate on the big pay.)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors will relocate to SF around 2017, when the "hitch" in the leasing agreement for the Oakland coliseum can take effect, although the Warriors could potentially still play in Oakland til 2027. However, everyone knew that Guber and Lacob were going to move the team in SF once they purchased it from the much maligned Chris Cohen.

The only deal is whether or not a stadium will be built by 2017 in the area where the new stadium is supposed to be - Larry Ellison had to scrap plans for the America's Cup twice in that same area because of many legal issues and concerns with the timetable for building there.

Such an amazing location, though. Without a doubt it would be the #1 arena in all of the NBA.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shady seems to imply certain things and I don't see that in the super teams, though it bugs me. I didn't like when Garnett and Allen went to Boston of LeBron and Bosh went to Miami. I would have disliked the Malone to LA if I weren't a Jazz follower before. I don't know how you could stop the super teams, other than maybe having only one max contract (as in max for the league, not max for that player, because every player level has a max obviously). If they want to form to super team, they have to be willing to sign one for much less. (Going by average salary per year, otherwise they would just alternate on the big pay.)

I think if the league is consolidated at least two teams that won't be an issue.