• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jobs.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the morning DJ on W*O*L*D
Playing all the hits for you wherever you may be
The bright good-morning voice who's heard but never seen
Feeling all of forty-five going on fifteen

what the heckk

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transportation Engineer. I design roads the city doesn't have the money to build.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well...i need a summer job bad (any connections out there??? ;) )

but that got me thinking, what does everyone do? i'm sure the swamp had a thread like this, but i had forgotten most...so? what's your occupation? or what was it before retirement.

i'm a student in dire need for a summer job. that's about it.

Kennywood? That was my summer job throughout high school and some college.

Folks never believe me when I say what I do.. so I guess I live in my mom's basement.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you do not live in the Pittsburgh area. Scratch the Kennywood idea then.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennywood? That was my summer job throughout high school and some college.

Folks never believe me when I say what I do.. so I guess I live in my mom's basement.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you do not live in the Pittsburgh area. Scratch the Kennywood idea then.

nah, i could work there, but i've heard such horror stories from people working entire summers there...i'd like something not quite as intense...but i suppose i shouldn't be picky. i'll probably end up at a restaurant or something of the sort. apparently there's a few desperate places in town. i'm in the burgh for the summer.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nah, i could work there, but i've heard such horror stories from people working entire summers there...i'd like something not quite as intense...but i suppose i shouldn't be picky. i'll probably end up at a restaurant or something of the sort. apparently there's a few desperate places in town. i'm in the burgh for the summer.

Eyes wide and mouth agape.

Less intense than a amusement park? I don't even know where to begin honestly, but what a sad picture this paints for the youth.... it's an amusement park. You take money, push a button, and hand out ping pong balls... intense?!?!? INTENSE?!?!?

I just find that disturbing... sorry for "going off".

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol that sounds exactly like my old job, I only did the helpdesk thing for 2 years, I left that nonsense behind and became a mechanical engineer. Unless you're an admin..IT BLOWS.

Where in PA are you?

I live in Pulaski. It is by the Ohio line. Pretty much the halfway point between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Dead center in the Western PA rust belt. Highest unemployment rate in the state. Why the fuck i moved back here after i got out of the service is beyond me.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the job realm, it's been quite an interesting time for me lately. I graduate grad school in december with a degree in healthcare management. some may remember a several months back i asked for opinions at that other place that shall remain nameless on a personal statement seeking a commission in the Navy....

well, I recently took a contractor position as a transportation program analyst at the naval hospital at bethesda. when I interviewed for the position I told him that I had previously applied for the Navy and for a 2-year fellowship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). if either of those 2 came through, I would take them. he said he understood.

well, about 2 weeks ago, I got a call from NIH for an interview. my boss said he took a cjance and understood. then I got a call for a second interview and he started to get a little pissy. when I got a call for a third interview, he refused to give the time off I needed for the interview. I told him I had to take the interview...this was what I had been working for. he told me if i took the interview, he would do what he had to to get me terminated from my contractor job. I tookj the interview, then went to work after. about 2 hours later, I got the call I was terminated.

less than an hour later, I got a call from NIH that they had selected me and a call from the Navy saying I've been accpeted for a commission. so as of now, I'm unemployeed trying to decide between the Navy and the NIH fellowship :)