• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jobs.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one of the most over qualified helpdesk\PC tech you will ever find. I fucking hate my job. I hate everyone's stupid problems and i hate that i can't find a administrator job. Fucking 10 years on the helpdesk will make you want to light your fucking crotch on fire and douse is with gas.

***On a side note i have much more responsibility than most helpdesk people however they just keep piling shit on my plate and pay me the same. ***

It doesn't help that i live in bum fuck PA.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell them to create a commercial where the hamburgler robs the king of his whopper.

And take it to a hotel room in new york to eat it but when he gets to his room LT is plowing Punky Brewster.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna start working for my dad next week doing some type of manual labor at his company. Not really sure yet. I'll do that until July/August when I go back to my apartment at college. Then I'll hopefully be able to get a job at Pizza Hut. That last sentence might be the most depressing thing I've ever typed.

Woo.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real? That was my first job when I was younger. It was actually a pretty fun time.

Yeah. Actually just walked in the door from it. Our store can be fun, if the boss is in the right mood. Otherwise, it sucks.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work for a software company that makes products for telecommunication companies. I look at and make changes to numbers that often go 6 or 7 decimal places. Fun stuff huh?

But I too work at home, and after 7 years of driving 40 miles each way in increasingly congested traffic, I still love not driving.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to do that is get a job working for one like I did. Took me 10 years of working in the real world before I figured that out.

That's exactly what I plan on doing. I'll get my PhD and then just go straight into the market for professorships. I'll probably take a few visiting professor jobs to see a bit of the country at first, and then I'll start pursuing a tenure track.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a professional message board moderator so watch your ass !!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Actually just walked in the door from it. Our store can be fun, if the boss is in the right mood. Otherwise, it sucks.

We used to have a good time and I worked with a friend of mine who was smart, so they just left us alone to run the kitchen. This was back in the days when we actually made the food on the fly and put a certain number of sammichs in the bin in proportionate with sales numbers. I remember one day the manager got pissed b/c we ran out of cheeseburgers for about 20 seconds. He told us that he wanted it filled with cheeseburgers. "You sure about that?" we asked. "Yes, fill it up." Over the next 10 minutes we made more than 100 cheeseburgers and the thing was absolutely overflowing. He came back to the front, saw them piled high and said "what the hell are you guys doing?" "Just what you told us." Haha. He left us alone after that.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to have a good time and I worked with a friend of mine who was smart, so they just left us alone to run the kitchen. This was back in the days when we actually made the food on the fly and put a certain number of sammichs in the bin in proportionate with sales numbers. I remember one day the manager got pissed b/c we ran out of cheeseburgers for about 20 seconds. He told us that he wanted it filled with cheeseburgers. "You sure about that?" we asked. "Yes, fill it up." Over the next 10 minutes we made more than 100 cheeseburgers and the thing was absolutely overflowing. He came back to the front, saw them piled high and said "what the hell are you guys doing?" "Just what you told us." Haha. He left us alone after that.

That's awesome! We used to do that when cheeseburgers were 39 cents on Wednesday. We'd make like 40, and they'd be all gone in 10 minutes, so we'd do it all over again.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawyer. If you commit a crime in the state of Maryland, shoot me a PM. : )

I will be in Baltimore in June, this may be helpful to know now that I have been away from the road rage inducing beltway for two years. No telling what will make me snap.

I am information security guy, mainly doing Incident Response (when an attacker breaks in, I stop them) Forensics (When someone uses our computers for bad stuff, I document how they did it for the bloodsucking lawyers) and Reverse Engineering (When bad software runs amok in our network, I figure out what it does and how to stop it).

It's fun stuff, but I do get a little jittery every time the phone rings because each time it does I could seriously lose like a week. Plus having CEO, Chief Legal Council and FBI Agents having my personal cell number is a bit unnerving.

The upside is my budget requests are usually not denied. "I need an iPad" "Why?", "To see how it can be used for bad things" "Oh, okay".

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am one of the most over qualified helpdesk\PC tech you will ever find. I fucking hate my job. I hate everyone's stupid problems and i hate that i can't find a administrator job. Fucking 10 years on the helpdesk will make you want to light your fucking crotch on fire and douse is with gas.

***On a side note i have much more responsibility than most helpdesk people however they just keep piling shit on my plate and pay me the same. ***

It doesn't help that i live in bum fuck PA.

lol that sounds exactly like my old job, I only did the helpdesk thing for 2 years, I left that nonsense behind and became a mechanical engineer. Unless you're an admin..IT BLOWS.

Where in PA are you?

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the morning DJ on W*O*L*D
Playing all the hits for you wherever you may be
The bright good-morning voice who's heard but never seen
Feeling all of forty-five going on fifteen