• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jobs.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...i need a summer job bad (any connections out there??? ;) )

but that got me thinking, what does everyone do? i'm sure the swamp had a thread like this, but i had forgotten most...so? what's your occupation? or what was it before retirement.

i'm a student in dire need for a summer job. that's about it.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work for one of the largest communications companies in the world. Basically i sit on my ass all day dealing with other internal and external customers. My job entails circuit design and engineering. BORING to say the least.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a graphic designer/photographer. It's a good gig, except I spend way too much time on a computer most days. Carpel tunnel hopefully is not in my future:eek:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a IT consultant that specializes in that German application software (you know, the one that Jesper Parnevik used to and Ernie Els now shills for on the PGA tour). It's also on the boards at the Shark Tank in San Jose.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a commercial lines insurance broker.
It will just say it is not a fun job.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...i need a summer job bad (any connections out there??? ;) )

but that got me thinking, what does everyone do? i'm sure the swamp had a thread like this, but i had forgotten most...so? what's your occupation? or what was it before retirement.

i'm a student in dire need for a summer job. that's about it.

I have connections in a T-shirt printing shop, a metal shop, and a Lowe's in Fayette County. I will gladly concede my position in any of those jobs if you want it. =)

I used begging and pleading tactics to get my academic advisor to hire me to research the kinetics of RNA duplexing with her this summer. I'll be making just above minimum wage, but it's a heck of a lot better than making just above minimum wage in the aforementioned places.

By trade, I'm a student, and I plan on staying in school for the rest of my life.

=)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work for a university as a database administrator. Provided I do my job well, I get a lot of free time to post here. :) Work smarter, not harder.

Working at a university is also great for job security/recession proof.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
was a stock analyst for 15 years.
company I was with died in the meltdown, and as the industry was imploding, I got sidetracked into a little energy technology company.
Now I'm in charge of corporate development, which basically means i look for companies to buy, look for ways to pay for them, and oversee integrating them when we do buy them

but I do get to work from home, which is nice.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have connections in a T-shirt printing shop, a metal shop, and a Lowe's in Fayette County. I will gladly concede my position in any of those jobs if you want it. =)

I used begging and pleading tactics to get my academic advisor to hire me to research the kinetics of RNA duplexing with her this summer. I'll be making just above minimum wage, but it's a heck of a lot better than making just above minimum wage in the aforementioned places.

By trade, I'm a student, and I plan on staying in school for the rest of my life.

=)

Is she hot, stone??? That would be a big bonus:D

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a student, and Lunch mom at an elementary school

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I graduate from college on sunday.

I will be going to work for my father business. He owns a pipeline contracting company that puts in natural gas lines for gas companies. It's a pretty good gig. I will be doing a little of everything when I head back to work.

I plan on opening my own business someday. I plan on never having a boss.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

=)
Best way to do that is get a job working for one like I did. Took me 10 years of working in the real world before I figured that out.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will be going to work for my father business. He owns a pipeline contracting company that puts in natural gas lines for gas companies. It's a pretty good gig. I will be doing a little of everything when I head back to work.

Congrats!!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way to go, smo. Sounds like things are falling into place nicely.

smo5039

talkin puck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks guys. I can't believe I'm done with college but I am looking forward to making bunches of money.