• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: It Continues

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck is wrong with these people up there in Seattle?

Teen fired for wearing Broncos jersey to work in Tacoma, Washington | FOX Sports on MSN

"To show support for The Seattle Seahawks on game day, our employees may choose to wear a Seahawks Jersey in place of our standard uniform, which is required. To prevent any possible conflicts, the option of wearing other teams’ jerseys is not allowed. The employee reported to work in an unauthorized uniform and was asked to change into a standard uniform. Soon after he left to change into an accepted uniform, we received a phone call stating that he was not returning to work, leaving his position unfilled and creating extra stress for the staff covering his job on a busy weekend day."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems legit. Kid learned an important lesson.

Cool, hurry on down there. I hard the kid's job has not been filled yet. You'd be perfect for it.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lame, sports are supposed to fun and filled with a little banter... TBH, the kid is probably better off...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldnt. Kid learned what I already knew.

I was just trying to help. I was thinking that there can't be very many opportunities for a guy with your limited intellect and I didn't want you to miss out on a job that might be right up your alley.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just trying to help. I was thinking that there can't be very many opportunities for a guy with your limited intellect and I didn't want you to miss out on a job that might be right up your alley.

Thanks for being a dickmunch. I was going to say the lesson learned was Seahawks fans are dickmunches. But I learned a lesson myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for being a dickmunch. I was going to say the lesson learned was Seahawks fans are dickmunches. But I learned a lesson myself.

My apologies. You seemed like a dickhead who would condone firing a kid for wearing a non Seahawks jersey..

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies. You seemed like a dickhead who would condone firing a kid for wearing a non Seahawks jersey..

If you ignore the details, it seems like this is something you would be upset with, TobyTyler. An employee who knows or should know the rules, either stupidly breaks the rules or deliberately flaunts authority to show up in violation of that rule. When told of the rule, he probably scoffs or challenges the boss and goes home as told, only to send his dad to call to bitch about his son not being able to break the rules, inconsiderate of the public around him.

After all, in the Florida texting killing, didn't the guy who got shot know about the rules and rudeness of his movie texting? Didn't he resist conforming to social appropriate behavior? Wasn't he inconsiderate?

Doesn't a paid employee have a higher duty to do what the employer tells him when the Seahawks crazies could pick a fight? Isn't challenging your boss worse than challenging a stranger about texting? If the shot guy would've been alive if he were considerate, wouldn't this teen have a job?

By the way, I'm not being serious with this, just trying to see how you found texting so bad but not deliberately challenging a reasonable concern (after all, aren't Seahawks fans crazy and unpredictable). At the very least, maybe they don't buy from a Bronco? Business sense, right?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ignore the details, it seems like this is something you would be upset with, TobyTyler. An employee who knows or should know the rules, either stupidly breaks the rules or deliberately flaunts authority to show up in violation of that rule. When told of the rule, he probably scoffs or challenges the boss and goes home as told, only to send his dad to call to bitch about his son not being able to break the rules, inconsiderate of the public around him.

After all, in the Florida texting killing, didn't the guy who got shot know about the rules and rudeness of his movie texting? Didn't he resist conforming to social appropriate behavior? Wasn't he inconsiderate?

Doesn't a paid employee have a higher duty to do what the employer tells him when the Seahawks crazies could pick a fight? Isn't challenging your boss worse than challenging a stranger about texting? If the shot guy would've been alive if he were considerate, wouldn't this teen have a job?

By the way, I'm not being serious with this, just trying to see how you found texting so bad but not deliberately challenging a reasonable concern (after all, aren't Seahawks fans crazy and unpredictable). At the very least, maybe they don't buy from a Bronco? Business sense, right?

Its not about the kid getting fired. Its about the insecurity and inferiority complex of adults who will only tolerate rooters for the Seahawks. My objection to it is more along the lines of my objection to the Seahawks being scared to sell tickets to those with California addresses than it is to my objection to the texter.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about the kid getting fired. Its about the insecurity and inferiority complex of adults who will only tolerate rooters for the Seahawks. My objection to it is more along the lines of my objection to the Seahawks being scared to sell tickets to those with California addresses than it is to my objection to the texter.

It was credit cards, not addresses. My Raider buddies all got into the stadium fine.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was credit cards, not addresses. My Raider buddies all got into the stadium fine.

Nope. It was credit cards with Califorina addresses to them.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It was credit cards with Califorina addresses to them.

Not "nope," because addresses didn't matter if you paid cash. I've been hearing people who thought it WAS simply anyone from California, so I replied because you didn't say credit cards the first time. Obviously credit cards implied California credit cards.

I've been getting hell about the game from my Raider buddies. Coincidentally, they didn't see if anyone threw food at Bowman.