• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your guyses favorite dinosaur?
Stygimoloch, its name translates to horned demon from the river of hell. Thats what drew me to it, lol.
stygimoloch.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dash ... what was the score of that game yesterday when calgary decided to onside kick?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dash ... what was the score of that game yesterday when calgary decided to onside kick?

lol...Cuthbert (huge Eskimos homer) and Suitor (huge Riders homer) were discussing whether that was an onside kick or a shank off the side of the foot. At any rate, the score was 47-15 Stamps.

Nice Boise State offense the Eskimos were running yesterday, Zabransky looked pretty good at times though.

Edit: Andre Talbot might want to pick somebody in his weight class to tangle with next time, 198 lbs vs. 288 lbs of angry Mike Labinjo.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Labinjo might be sitting for a game for a couple of knee drops on Talbot...

The CFL will look into the late-game incidents that occurred in the Calgary Stampeders' 56-15 win over the Edmonton Eskimos on Sunday to see if disciplinary action is warranted.

The contest turned ugly in the fourth quarter as players from both sides became involved in an incident on Calgary's side of the field.

Edmonton receiver Tremayne Kirkland was downed after making a catch when Calgary defensive lineman Mike Labinjo and Eskimos' receiver Andre Talbot went over him. A melee ensued when Kirkland got up and started swinging.

During the incident Labinjo, who contended Talbot grabbed his facemask after the play and pulled him down, appeared to drop his knee on the fallen Eskimos receiver.

When cooler heads prevailed, Kirkland was ejected from the game.

Later, Edmonton's Kai Ellis hit Calary receiver Jabari Arthur with blows to the head instead of trying to simply tackle him. Calgary's Miguel Robede was sent off the field for rough play although that incident seemed to start when Robede was shoved in the back by Edmonton offensive lineman Aaron Fiacconi and sent flying into the pile.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Labinjo might be sitting for a game for a couple of knee drops on Talbot...

The CFL will look into the late-game incidents that occurred in the Calgary Stampeders' 56-15 win over the Edmonton Eskimos on Sunday to see if disciplinary action is warranted.

The contest turned ugly in the fourth quarter as players from both sides became involved in an incident on Calgary's side of the field.

Edmonton receiver Tremayne Kirkland was downed after making a catch when Calgary defensive lineman Mike Labinjo and Eskimos' receiver Andre Talbot went over him. A melee ensued when Kirkland got up and started swinging.

During the incident Labinjo, who contended Talbot grabbed his facemask after the play and pulled him down, appeared to drop his knee on the fallen Eskimos receiver.

When cooler heads prevailed, Kirkland was ejected from the game.

Later, Edmonton's Kai Ellis hit Calary receiver Jabari Arthur with blows to the head instead of trying to simply tackle him. Calgary's Miguel Robede was sent off the field for rough play although that incident seemed to start when Robede was shoved in the back by Edmonton offensive lineman Aaron Fiacconi and sent flying into the pile.

WOW, you Canucks sure are a rowdy bunch :D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the catch all thread gets a random post from me

The Little Mountain little league baseball team from Vancouver made like a circa 1980's Taiwan team and kicked the crap out of the competition at the Canadian championships last week outscoring teams 89 to 13

6th year in a row that the canadian rep comes from BC ... second year in a row that the team comes from Vancouvers inner city

watch for them next week ... could be one of best teams canadas sent to the world series in a long while ... alot of bigger athletic kids compared to the perennial canadian teams that are sent to the worlds full of 4 foot nothing kids weighing 85 pounds (sounds a bit like the Oilers!)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
WOW, you Canucks sure are a rowdy bunch :D

that's what happens when you allow two teams to be called the Roughriders in the same league.* :p
also, an alleged onside kick in a blow-out in a game between provincial rivals might turn up the heat a bit.
fortunately, they still have two more games against each other this year to iron things out.

*historical context

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what happens when you allow two teams to be called the Roughriders in the same league

its the cfl but hey ... its our game ... quirky & amateurish , but i still love it

we just finished week 7 of the cfl season and Hamilton has already played its 4 games against Winnipeg (lol)

/plus they played each other in preseason

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what happens when you allow two teams to be called the Roughriders in the same league.* :p
also, an alleged onside kick in a blow-out in a game between provincial rivals might turn up the heat a bit.
fortunately, they still have two more games against each other this year to iron things out.

*historical context

Who would have thought the Oilers would be looking better than the Eskies this season? Anytime those folks up in Edmonton want to tear down that "City of Champions" sign is fine by me...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought the Oilers would be looking better than the Eskies this season? Anytime those folks up in Edmonton want to tear down that "City of Champions" sign is fine by me...

cripe, how old is that sign??

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pix, Did you get any tickets for the new arena yet? It would be cool to see their new digs.

not yet...my dad is working on it apparently (he's still disappointed because his company ((Siemans)) didn't get the job for HVAC work at Consol, his OLD employer ((Trane)) did. IE no freebies), but with season tix holders still without their actual tickets, and the single games not on sale yet, i think we're better waiting a little bit. of course, when i'm home for christmas it's ALWAYS the sucky teams that come to town...atlanta, NYI. EVERY TIME! i think i may try to get him to go after the Coyotes game. the best thing is, the pens site has a new thing where you type in your seat number and you get a view of the ice from that seat. epic. AND i may get to go to the steelers game on the 23rd. My uncle (who ironically lives in Ft.Wayne near my school in Indiana) gets free tickets from work (IN A SUITE) basically whenever he wants. So i think i convinced him to take me finally...considering i've lived there my whole life and never attended.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not yet...my dad is working on it apparently (he's still disappointed because his company ((Siemans)) didn't get the job for HVAC work at Consol, his OLD employer ((Trane)) did. IE no freebies), but with season tix holders still without their actual tickets, and the single games not on sale yet, i think we're better waiting a little bit. of course, when i'm home for christmas it's ALWAYS the sucky teams that come to town...atlanta, NYI. EVERY TIME! i think i may try to get him to go after the Coyotes game. the best thing is, the pens site has a new thing where you type in your seat number and you get a view of the ice from that seat. epic. AND i may get to go to the steelers game on the 23rd. My uncle (who ironically lives in Ft.Wayne near my school in Indiana) gets free tickets from work (IN A SUITE) basically whenever he wants. So i think i convinced him to take me finally...considering i've lived there my whole life and never attended.

Sounds like a little politics involved eh? Well I hope you get to see the new place and I am going to try and get to Pitt to check it out.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a little politics involved eh? Well I hope you get to see the new place and I am going to try and get to Pitt to check it out.

i can't freaking wait. i was really disappointed that the open house was after i left for school...because really just to go in and get a good look at the place is what i'm pumped for. i'll probably go to the game an hour early just to walk around the building.

SIDENOTE:
Patrick Kane lost all my respect for him with this bit of knowledge: he reads Twilight.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't freaking wait. i was really disappointed that the open house was after i left for school...because really just to go in and get a good look at the place is what i'm pumped for. i'll probably go to the game an hour early just to walk around the building.

SIDENOTE:
Patrick Kane lost all my respect for him with this bit of knowledge: he reads Twilight.

Thats disturbing. Great player... Guess he has a prominent feminine side.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best thing is, the pens site has a new thing where you type in your seat number and you get a view of the ice from that seat. epic.
I see the suites, all around the arena just below the blue seats...I can even select a suite to see the view from there...but I can't select the blue seat sections...any idea what the blue seats are?

AND i may get to go to the steelers game on the 23rd.
If I can score tickets for that game for me and/or the family, we'll have to tailgate in the lot together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.