• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually had a chance to meet him last night. But when he was on the field too many people were around him, so I couldn't. Then when they finally left, it was game time, so I had to be in PA box by then.

I did once, but it was a quick handshake amongst a million people. It's always a big deal around here that he doesn't visit U.N.I. very much. Still holds a grudge in some peoples minds.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much did that cost you? I have a lot of music on my laptop and I have been thinking about adding some memory to speed it up.

I had a $40 Best Buy Gift card my wife wanted me to use and it cost $44.99.

I could of got it from newegg.com for $21.99 however. The exact same thing.

Hell, for the same price I could of got 2GB of RAM with some change left over.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did once, but it was a quick handshake amongst a million people. It's always a big deal around here that he doesn't visit U.N.I. very much. Still holds a grudge in some peoples minds.

From not playing until his senior year? I remember that from his All Things Possible book.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a $40 Best Buy Gift card my wife wanted me to use and it cost $44.99.

I could of got it from newegg.com for $21.99 however. The exact same thing.

Hell, for the same price I could of got 2GB of RAM with some change left over.

I might have to do that. Was it easy to install? I am kind of an idiot when it comes to computers (my idiocy transcends message boards).

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SM1421.jpg

I think we'll do just that with a win Friday!

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have to do that. Was it easy to install? I am kind of an idiot when it comes to computers (my idiocy transcends message boards).

I'm not sure for a laptop, but for my computer it was pretty easy.

This was the first time I had to upgrade the RAM, and I just had to make sure I took the proper steps to do it right. The big thing is static charge. You don't want that while touching the insides of your computer.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

some brands/model - ridiculously easy. A couple of screws on the bottom cover, snap it in, close cover, replace screws.

some brands/models - have to take the keyboard and/or palmrest off. Not something to enter into lightly if you don't know your way around them. Getting the APART is not usually the hard part...

Consult your brand/model manual then online service guide if there is one for the "how to".

One thing to note... if you are running a 32bit O/S (Win7 32 or XPP 32), don't bother going above 4B total. 4GB is actually a waste, since it will only recognize 3.2 -3.5 of it, but 4GB is easy to do (2x2GB) so that's what most people do anyway.
If you are running a 64bit version... load it up. Memory is the cheapest way to vastly improve your computer. Make sure the system itself will support it first though. If it's a older system (3 yr old+), the system may not support more than 2GB anyway, so adding more will just confuse it, cost you money, and not improve performance at all.

When in doubt... check your manual. :-)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lake%2BBell%2BNake%2Bin%2BWater.jpg

I'd like to take a dip in Lake Bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.