• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nananananananana-Batman.jpg

I wanna learn how to do this.

MarioSpeedWagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearts are for pussy? I would have gone with pussies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covering a football game down at Lucas Oil tonight. I'm big time now, woot!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delayed response to things a few pages back: DS, gotta love Pittsburgh Dad. It's also hilarious that Tomlin seemingly watches his stuff. Basement pop...hahah. Kills me because it's true. Also Five Guys is freaking awesome. Just a good burger. Not THE GoodBurger, but a good burger...if you know what I mean.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just go with someone getting a mild injury, of which they can quickly return, but also allows me to run on the field. :)

if you know any soccer people, u should pick up some of that magic spray

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you know any soccer people, u should pick up some of that magic spray

Bahaha, we have it. It's just a cooling/numbing spray. The only thing we use it for is prior to injections when our team doc is in. It's so pointless...but, if a player suddenly feels better and gets out of your hair? Go for it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just heard this Jim McMahon interview Dan Patrick interview about what head injuries have done to him and Patrick asked him if he let his kids to play football and McMahon interupted him before he could finish and said he told his kids they couldnt play football ... "I told them to play baseball ... and hockey" :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just heard this Jim McMahon interview Dan Patrick interview about what head injuries have done to him and Patrick asked him if he let his kids to play football and McMahon interupted him before he could finish and said he told his kids they couldnt play football ... "I told them to play baseball ... and hockey" :noidea:

He didn't sound good at all during that interview jstew (as in not quite all there). His girlfriend has to write things down for him to remind him what he needs to do that day (if he feels like getting out of bed, that is).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football will always, and has always, have (had) the most concussions. No matter what position you play, you're at an extreme risk for getting hit. Lineman? Constant subconcussive forces add up to concussions and microtrauma. Any player on defense? Well, they don't know how to hit, so they likely lead with their head. WR/RB? Get tackled constantly. Basically the QB has the best chance of being concussion free, but even they get laid out. Hockey? Well, anyone can get crushed, but you're not taking as many hits. I think it's safer in that regard. Not saying it's safe, no contact sport is without some danger, but it's safer. This year Indiana completely changed their HS concussion laws, and I like a lot of what they did. Kids realize the dangers and are reporting symptoms regularly. If a kid loses their helmet in a game they have to come out, encouraging appropriate helmet wearing habits. If a kid is symptomatic they're automatically referred to a specially trained MD for ImPACT testing and given complete physical rest, and occasionally academic rest. In order to return to play there's a four day progressive exertion testing. Day one is light, so jog about a mile. Day two you jog a mile and do a few sprints. Day three you run a mile and a half, run some sprints, run some stairs, push ups. Day four you get your butt whooped and go hard. It's encouraging to see that stuff.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure if its been touched on. but CFL legend Matt Dunnigan said many times his kids will NEVER play football for those issues.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to hear Gary Thorne on tv again calling Orioles homers against the Yanks...Tied again with the 'Evil Empire' for the division lead.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of Baltimore passing the Yankees positively makes my skin drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.