• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they've got a solid core. Think they definitely made some good moves, Pix. Some of the experts I was listening to on sports radio tonight thought so as well. Weird to think that we might be seeing a Pittsburgh-Washington rivalry developing in baseball, too.

Oh, and if you guys think you've waited a long time... there hasn't been playoff baseball in DC since the 1930s!!

Hahah, touche. Although there was indeed playoff baseball in Montreal.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah, touche. Although there was indeed playoff baseball in Montreal.

Yeah, and the Twins won the World Series... but it really doesn't mean anything. I can't wait to sit in the stadium watching a playoff game with the Capitol dome looming in the October air, whether it's this year or in the near future.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that the Orioles did nothing too. I think they are an average team that should not have been sellers or buyers at the deadline. I do not think an addition or two would have helped much and I do not think anyone the team would be open to parting with was really wanted by anyone. Plus I think its important to finish as well as they can. My hope is still 500.

What a great win tonight. The Yankees score 5 in the bottom of the 1st and the Orioles answer with 7 in the 2nd, all with two outs. Tillman settled down and gave them 5 strong (after the 1st) innings and the Orioles picked up some insurance along the way.

A chance for the sweep tomorrow.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great win tonight. The Yankees score 5 in the bottom of the 1st and the Orioles answer with 7 in the 2nd, all with two outs. Tillman settled down and gave them 5 strong (after the 1st) innings and the Orioles picked up some insurance along the way.

A chance for the sweep tomorrow.

ALL with two outs? That is sick. I wish I still cared about the Os. That was the team of my youth and who I grew up cheering for. They're like an ex who's house I still stop by from time-to-time, but it's uncomfortable, b/c her dad is real dick!

I think you're right about the moves (or lack thereof) though. They have to hope their talent continues to develop and then see where they are at. .500 would be awesome for them. That division is brutal - god damn Yanks and Sox.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL with two outs? That is sick. I wish I still cared about the Os. That was the team of my youth and who I grew up cheering for. They're like an ex who's house I still stop by from time-to-time, but it's uncomfortable, b/c her dad is real dick!

I think you're right about the moves (or lack thereof) though. They have to hope their talent continues to develop and then see where they are at. .500 would be awesome for them. That division is brutal - god damn Yanks and Sox.

Its not easy at times. Even with all the bad times I still follow them and hope they do well. I like the young core they have, hopefully a few solid bats added in the next year or so will help. So many players who will swing at anything on the team right now.

I do not know the prospects too much, I rely on what I read - but most publications think Dylan Bundy and Manny Machado are going to be very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copy_of_far_side_chicken_in_samurai_bar.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Mariners have won 7 in a row.

/so now only 12 games back

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE BEAT THE REDS?! *looks at schedule* Right, our turn. Nervous for the weekend series.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason I pay any attention to the Orioles is their play by play announcer. Come back to hockey, Gary!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We changed the name on our internet service in our house so that each of us have exactly one bill to worry about utilities-wise, so they cancelled the old service and started a new one, and now it doesn't work. :burt:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's 7.5 out of second wildcard ... lots of people pointing to the "ichiro effect"

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers offense has went south since they traded for Infante and Sanchez, although they finally scored more than 5 last night.

Miggy and Prince hit back to back bombs last night, and I mean BOMBS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.