• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this deal for the Pirates. I feel good about Snider's upside, and his attitude, and Lincoln's ceiling is as a closer. Relievers are easy to find, power-hitting outfielders are not.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Lincoln, saw him as our future closer (Not a starter anymore in my opinion...especially not in the AL East. Yowza.)...that said, they traded from a position of strength to improve the team for the future, and very well today. I'm excited.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what's more pathetic: the fact the colts made him change or leave or that the little BITCH put on the colors of another team just to stick around :tsk:

I thought both of these things too...however, free stitched authentic jersey to sell? Tempting. Haha, I wouldn't have done it though. I'm pretty sure they couldn't kick you out just for wearing another teams' jersey. Man it's tempting to head over there in my jersey. I should just round up fans of other teams and get everyone to wear their respective jersey. That would be funny.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought both of these things too...however, free stitched authentic jersey to sell? Tempting. Haha, I wouldn't have done it though. I'm pretty sure they couldn't kick you out just for wearing another teams' jersey. Man it's tempting to head over there in my jersey. I should just round up fans of other teams and get everyone to wear their respective jersey. That would be funny.

haha...you should definitely do that pix....and then let us know how it went. :hockeysmile:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated what the Marlins did last year. HATED it. Especially since they spent all that money in the wake of a new building with murky beginnings. That place isn't a ball park. It's an atrocity.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still alive.:) Olympics make it hard to get on computer, with all the spoliers out there.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Pirates' fans. Must be cool seeing your team making moves at the deadline to compete!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Pirates' fans. Must be cool seeing your team making moves at the deadline to compete!

One of the most bizarre feelings. I mean, this is literally the first time since I've been able to watch they've made such moves. Neil Huntington is doing work, and man...if just ONE of Snider/Gabby find their form at the MLB level, we'll be solid. Like, the core of the team will be fierce.

OF- Marte-Cutch-Snider
IF- Pedro-SS that won't be Barmes-Walker-Gabby/Jones Platoon
SP-JMac (rough patch non-withstanding)-Karstens-Cole-Taillon-Heredia
C-???

SS and Catcher are the question marks. But we have some depth where we can acquire a SS/C for some pitching. I really, really, really like the moves. They didn't get worse for this year, and potentially got really really good for the future.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, is it just pure bias if I think the Pirates had the best trade deadline? The Dodgers got the big names, and the Rangers move may be the biggest in terms of postseason play...but overall improvement? Savviest perhaps moves?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most bizarre feelings. I mean, this is literally the first time since I've been able to watch they've made such moves. Neil Huntington is doing work, and man...if just ONE of Snider/Gabby find their form at the MLB level, we'll be solid. Like, the core of the team will be fierce.

OF- Marte-Cutch-Snider
IF- Pedro-SS that won't be Barmes-Walker-Gabby/Jones Platoon
SP-JMac (rough patch non-withstanding)-Karstens-Cole-Taillon-Heredia
C-???

SS and Catcher are the question marks. But we have some depth where we can acquire a SS/C for some pitching. I really, really, really like the moves. They didn't get worse for this year, and potentially got really really good for the future.

I agree they've got a solid core. Think they definitely made some good moves, Pix. Some of the experts I was listening to on sports radio tonight thought so as well. Weird to think that we might be seeing a Pittsburgh-Washington rivalry developing in baseball, too.

Oh, and if you guys think you've waited a long time... there hasn't been playoff baseball in DC since the 1930s!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, is it just pure bias if I think the Pirates had the best trade deadline? The Dodgers got the big names, and the Rangers move may be the biggest in terms of postseason play...but overall improvement? Savviest perhaps moves?

I really like that the Nats did nothing. :) I think it's very possible we'll be the best team in baseball in the next 5 years. And we haven't even been healthy this year. Closer, starting catcher, and starting RF have all been out most of the year. Leading HR hitter was out last week and we went 6-1 on the road. I got the fever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.