• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually keep my backpack in the basket over my back wheel when I bike into work in the morning. No longer.

The strap got wrapped around the chain and back axle just as I was passing through the busiest intersection I face on my way into work. At more or less exactly the halfway point, the pedals stopped moving, and my right leg (the one with the infection) flew off the pedal, and I almost fell off the bike sideways, just as a car started its left turn, anticipating I would clear the intersection soon. I managed to keep my balance, and fortunately for me the driver was paying attention and stopped, so I didn't get killed or anything, and I was able to just kind of coast to the sidewalk, then walked my bike the last mile and a half into work.

So the moral of the story, kids, is not to have anything hanging down around your back wheel while biking. :nono:

You shouldn't ride your bike across intersections. You need to get off the bike and walk you and your bike across the intersection.

It's much safer, and only adds maybe a few extra seconds to your commute.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually keep my backpack in the basket over my back wheel when I bike into work in the morning. No longer.

The strap got wrapped around the chain and back axle just as I was passing through the busiest intersection I face on my way into work. At more or less exactly the halfway point, the pedals stopped moving, and my right leg (the one with the infection) flew off the pedal, and I almost fell off the bike sideways, just as a car started its left turn, anticipating I would clear the intersection soon. I managed to keep my balance, and fortunately for me the driver was paying attention and stopped, so I didn't get killed or anything, and I was able to just kind of coast to the sidewalk, then walked my bike the last mile and a half into work.

So the moral of the story, kids, is not to have anything hanging down around your back wheel while biking. :nono:

Crazy. Glad you're okay, Grene Legturn. Just use your powers and fly next time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't ride your bike across intersections. You need to get off the bike and walk you and your bike across the intersection.

It's much safer, and only adds maybe a few extra seconds to your commute.

It's a bike route. Most roads in Tucson have specified bike lanes. Other roads are just bike lanes (more or less).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been having trouble placing orders through the electronic order system here at the university, so I asked for help from the business office. I'm fairly certain that the fellow who's been trying to fix the problem for me thinks my actual name is Christ, since every single email he's sent me has started, "Hi Christ,..."

In any case, I still can't place orders. I just want to buy laser curtains for our lab so we don't go blind!

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah, I get to meet my favorite band, Project 86, tonight. Did I mention I get to hear their new album too and it's not out for another month?

:D

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 I know they'll play are Evil (A Chorus Of Resistance), The Spy Hunter, Fall Goliath Fall and SOTS. Destroyer is likely as well.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE game tonight. Tigers/White Sux at the CoPa. Verlander vs. Peavy. Gonna be a good one!

Tigers only 1.5 games back of the Sux for the Central lead.

Hoping they work out a trade for another starter so Jacob Turner doesn't pitch on Sunday. It's obvious he's not ready for the big league yet.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Correia is just so hittable. He tends to start terribly and somehow manage to turn in a decent performance...1-0 so far after a lead off solo shot from Reyes. Come on Kevin.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad call at second leads to another run for MIA...not the start we wanted.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE game tonight. Tigers/White Sux at the CoPa. Verlander vs. Peavy. Gonna be a good one!

Tigers only 1.5 games back of the Sux for the Central lead.

Hoping they work out a trade for another starter so Jacob Turner doesn't pitch on Sunday. It's obvious he's not ready for the big league yet.

Oh, see, I read this and thought you were referring to the Twins/Royals game. If the Twins sweep the three game series they aren't the worst in the AL anymore.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battlin' Bucs is a very appropriate nickname this season. Amazing stuff this season. Never out of a game. 4-3 through 5.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats up 9-0 going into the 6th tonight and now down 10-9 in the 9th. :L

Davey Johnson is a good manager, but he leaves his pitchers out too long repeatedly.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!!! Tied in the bottom of the ninth. Kimbrel has rarely flinched this year. Just gave up a homer to Espinosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.