• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you put the Nats and the Pirates in the same sentence!!

On a related note, yay, teams are striving to be us! :)

It's fun, isn't it? Gosh, I dunno if I can handle them falling off a cliff again this year. That said, I feel MUCH more confident in the rotation now and the bats, at least at the moment, than I did all of last year.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just letting you guys know way way way in advance: if the Pirates make the postseason I will cry, pass out, and very likely run a muck in general.

I think the Pirates' second half looks something...like... this...

730587_o.gif

Jeremiah, what do you think?

m1C1E.gif

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*thinks about how many championships the Nats have never won*

*thinks about how little smack talk she really has*

*considers posting picture of '09 Cup as cop out*

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*thinks about how many championships the Nats have never won*

*thinks about how little smack talk she really has*

*considers posting picture of '09 Cup as cop out*

LOL.

They are coming. Nats win the Series in either '13, '14, or '15. BOOK IT!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mostly just that until like a day ago the Pirates had a negative +/- in runs. When teams have that kind of ratio and are winning, it's usually not sustainable. To the opposite end, the Cards have won of the best +/- in the majors, and I think they'll surge.

I just think it's too soon for the Pirates. I think they're a pretender and heading for a fall.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should point out too that I want the Pirates to remain a shit franchise in perpetuity. Pitt is blessed with so much success from the Pens and Steelers that they deserve some misery.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually agree about the run differential. But you gotta look at the other intangibles. This pitching staff is miles ahead of last years. They have the ability to sustain unlike the rotation which was pitching WAY over their heads last year. The bullpen is solid. And the bats? Well, keep in mind that the Pirates had one of the toughest schedules to open the year, and one of the easiest from here on out. We play the Cubs, Padres, Rockies, Astros a combined 35 times. Playing how they are against teams like MIL, STL is what is telling to me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually agree about the run differential. But you gotta look at the other intangibles. This pitching staff is miles ahead of last years. They have the ability to sustain unlike the rotation which was pitching WAY over their heads last year.

AJ Burnett is pitching his lowest WHIP and ERA by a mile in 10 years. Correia also overachieiving a little bit as well. They have the worst OBP in baseball. I think they have a good pitching staff, but not the kind of staff that can sustain that kind of run production. Just my opinion.

I don't think the Nats are going very far this year either. SO many injuries to overcome and Strassy probably stepping down at some point late will hurt and deflate the team some as well.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Burnett is pitching his lowest WHIP and ERA by a mile in 10 years. Correia also overachieiving a little bit as well. They have the worst OBP in baseball. I think they have a good pitching staff, but not the kind of staff that can sustain that kind of run production. Just my opinion.

I don't think the Nats are going very far this year either. SO many injuries to overcome and Strassy probably stepping down at some point late will hurt and deflate the team some as well.

Correia isn't overachieving. Notttt close. There's a reason the Pirates were rumored to be shopping him. If they get anything at the deadline, I'd actually say a starter would be best. So Correia could be out of it. And the stats for the team as a whole are a bit tough to look at, because of just how horrible the start of the year was offensively. When it comes down to it, the team will go as far as Cutch and Pedro can take them offensively.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it really amuses me that in the past 3 days I have successfully blown away (if ANY of you thinks about it...dead.) two guys with my baseball knowledge. Had a long discussion with a couple of the AU baseball guys about the game in general, players, teams, all-stars, coaching tactics, etc. The guy stopped and stared for a second. Yes, I am a female who in fact is a student of the sport. Shocking, I know.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it really amuses me that in the past 3 days I have successfully blown away (if ANY of you thinks about it...dead.) two guys with my baseball knowledge. Had a long discussion with a couple of the AU baseball guys about the game in general, players, teams, all-stars, coaching tactics, etc. The guy stopped and stared for a second. Yes, I am a female who in fact is a student of the sport. Shocking, I know.

Pix, stop lying to us. Everyone knows that girls like neither sports nor the internet. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go insult my wife because she had the audacity to make a bad cup of coffee.

(Seriously this commercial makes me hate coffee even more than I already do, which is a lot).

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pix, stop lying to us. Everyone knows that girls like neither sports nor the internet. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go insult my wife because she had the audacity to make a bad cup of coffee.

You're only going to insult her? What a kind, progressive man you are. ;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*spits in sandwiches she was making for all of you* Huuuuurumph

Status
Not open for further replies.