• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Pirates, in April and May, everyone but McCutchen and McKenry (who is a backup) were playing significantly below their career averages.

In June, the Pirates were right in the middle of the pack in almost every offensive category, and only Alvarez, McCutchen, and McGehee were significantly above career norms, the former two being young players who conceivably could still be in the process of increasing their career norms, and the latter being barely above his career norms.

So basically, the middling offense of June is a significantly better representation of the Pirates' offense than the April and May numbers, so the offense is there to sustain success, especially if they add a bat. And Starling Marte is knocking on the door right now and could bring some help in the outfield soon. (He's an elite defender, too.)

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're only going to insult her? What a kind, progressive man you are. ;)

Eh, domestic violence jokes are a little far for me. Not saying you crossed the line, but the only comeback I can think of would.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm the furthest thing from a feminist...but geez that commercial. I mean, I'd love to be a housewife (that's a pretty nifty job you know, bonbons and all...).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Pirates, in April and May, everyone but McCutchen and McKenry (who is a backup) were playing significantly below their career averages.

In June, the Pirates were right in the middle of the pack in almost every offensive category, and only Alvarez, McCutchen, and McGehee were significantly above career norms, the former two being young players who conceivably could still be in the process of increasing their career norms, and the latter being barely above his career norms.

So basically, the middling offense of June is a significantly better representation of the Pirates' offense than the April and May numbers, so the offense is there to sustain success, especially if they add a bat. And Starling Marte is knocking on the door right now and could bring some help in the outfield soon. (He's an elite defender, too.)

You guys can make all the arguments you want. Here it is. Pirates won't make the playoffs. If they do, I'll send you and Pix $5 each. It will have "Eloco was wrong" on it so you can photo it and mock me. You don't even have to bet anything.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m1C1E.gif

popcorn.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm the furthest thing from a feminist...but geez that commercial. I mean, I'd love to be a housewife (that's a pretty nifty job you know, bonbons and all...).

The ending is so weird, when the husband looks at her like "well, it looks like you've earned sex tonight.' Yeah, because that's how it works. :rollseyes:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys can make all the arguments you want. Here it is. Pirates won't make the playoffs. If they do, I'll send you and Pix $5 each. It will have "Eloco was wrong" on it so you can photo it and mock me. You don't even have to bet anything.

I don't think they'll make the playoffs either, because both of the wildcard spots will go to teams in the East, and the Reds will win the division. But they will have a winning season and make a good run at the Central.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ending is so weird, when the husband looks at her like "well, it looks like you've earned sex tonight.' Yeah, because that's how it works. :rollseyes:

What's always disturbed me about the "old fashioned perfect marriage" model is that it's perceived to be a religious thing. Yeah, that's not what I read in the Bible.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's always disturbed me about the "old fashioned perfect marriage" model is that it's perceived to be a religious thing. Yeah, that's not what I read in the Bible.

What disturbs me about the model is the idea that anything at all is perfect. People have different wants and needs. Marriage isn't about two equal people in perfect harmony. It's about two different people who complement each other and are willing to work and compromise to make something better together than they could be separately. Two people that are willing to give in to things for the sake of their partnership, but willing to stand their ground for what they need as well.

I'd put a joke here, but I'm coming up blank. :shrug:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What disturbs me about the model is the idea that anything at all is perfect. People have different wants and needs. Marriage isn't about two equal people in perfect harmony. It's about two different people who complement each other and are willing to work and compromise to make something better together than they could be separately. Two people that are willing to give in to things for the sake of their partnership, but willing to stand their ground for what they need as well.

Psh. What a romantic... :rolleyes:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also also:

Today we played sloshball, which is kickball with a giant ball, except you have to chug a beer at second base before you can advance.

Anyway, before the game, I was chasing a friend with a water gun, and he kicked the ball at me, and it hit the hand with the gun, which subsequently hit my face, and my sunglasses cut my nose in two places, blood everywhere.

Unfortunately, no pictures were taken until I cleaned up the initial blood. :tsk:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, that's pretty much what I read in the Bible. Like I said, it became distorted...and now the divorce rate is freaking 50% because people (young people) think that if you ever lose that "lovin' feeling" you should split up. Sad really. "Wives submit to your husbands, husbands lay down your lives for your wives." Totally a misunderstood statement.

"Look at Your Spouse Selflessly
If you have a habit of holding your spouse responsible for your happiness, you definitely need to learn to take that responsibility upon yourself. However, remember that if you view your marriage as being mostly about your rights and what you get out of the bargain, in the long run you are going to end up bitter and disappointed"

People put all the pressure on their spouse to make them happy. Women are probably more responsible in this regard...

How the heck did we wind up here? My bad...*cough* BASEBALL!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm off to bed, with dreams of Parise dangles dancing in my head. Where they'll likely stay. Oh wellllll.

Status
Not open for further replies.