• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game for the Buccos. We needed that one, because the next two could get a little ugly.

Also, run differential on the season is now -7. Getting very close to even.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Sandusky found guilty on 45 of 48 counts. Justice served.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No par for 9 today. Ended up shooting a 40 on the back 9 after a double bogey on 17. D'oh!

But I did get a new driver and used it for the first time today - Callaway RAZR Fit. Definitely hitting longer and straighter drives. After absolutely duffing my first drive 50 yards (my fault, not the club), I hit 10 of 13 fairways and averaged more than 250 yards a drive including 3 over 280 yards. Love my new toy!

Oh, and also a plus... I didn't die!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No par for 9 today. Ended up shooting a 40 on the back 9 after a double bogey on 17. D'oh!

But I did get a new driver and used it for the first time today - Callaway RAZR Fit. Definitely hitting longer and straighter drives. After absolutely duffing my first drive 50 yards (my fault, not the club), I hit 10 of 13 fairways and averaged more than 250 yards a drive including 3 over 280 yards. Love my new toy!

Oh, and also a plus... I didn't die!

Nice work!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I may have laser damage on my left eye. It's irritated all the time, and sometimes I have blurring in the vision. But I never felt an issue from the laser while in the lab, so maybe I've just had something in it for about three months that no number of tears will flush out... :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I may have laser damage on my left eye. It's irritated all the time, and sometimes I have blurring in the vision. But I never felt an issue from the laser while in the lab, so maybe I've just had something in it for about three months that no number of tears will flush out... :noidea:

You gone to the doctor? Blurry vision can be a symptom of a number of different things. Get it checked out, yo!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gone to the doctor? Blurry vision can be a symptom of a number of different things. Get it checked out, yo!

I haven't yet, but mostly because until recently, it was very off and on. I had just assumed it was an eyelash or something. First chance I get, I'm going to go check it out. I do have an optometrist appointment in early August, though.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As eloco said, get it checked out, something like elevated blood pressure can cause blurry vision.

Of course, it might also be the work of Canucks fans...

kiprusoff_laser.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As eloco said, get it checked out, something like elevated blood pressure can cause blurry vision.

Of course, it might also be the work of Canucks fans...

kiprusoff_laser.jpg

I work in a laser lab, so that's my first guess. I'm pretty sure it's not high blood pressure because I'm getting into increasingly better shape every week, and since I've moved here, I've been eating very healthy. My resting heart rate has even dropped all the way from 72 bpm to 64 bpm since moving.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, diabetes, brain tumor, etc. Could also be nothing or just needing a new prescription.

I work in a laser lab, so that's my first guess.

And yeah, that's a pretty good guess. But assuming you have health insurance, it won't hurt to pay $15 or $20 to find out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, diabetes, brain tumor, etc. Could also be nothing or just needing a new prescription. But assuming you have health insurance, it won't hurt to pay $15 or $20 to find out.

I have to go home, because that's where my insurance covers me. I'm going home in August and already have an appointment.

The blurring is an off and on sort of thing, by the way. Not constant.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work in a laser lab, so that's my first guess. I'm pretty sure it's not high blood pressure because I'm getting into increasingly better shape every week, and since I've moved here, I've been eating very healthy. My resting heart rate has even dropped all the way from 72 bpm to 64 bpm since moving.

We need to monitor this situation, D'stone could be becoming a zombie.

That's good stuff. In the meantime, I've eaten horribly over the past couple years and haven't exercised as much as usual but the docs keep telling me my BP and cholesterol are great. Aren't they supposed to be scaring me?!? Haha.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go home, because that's where my insurance covers me. I'm going home in August and already have an appointment.

The blurring is an off and on sort of thing, by the way. Not constant.

Fair enough. Doesn't your school offer cheap insurance options or free care? I know in law school I got mega cheap rates through the university for hospital coverage and I could actually go to the university's doctor offices completely for free.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to monitor this situation, D'stone could be becoming a zombie.

That's good stuff. In the meantime, I've eaten horribly over the past couple years and haven't exercised as much as usual but the docs keep telling me my BP and cholesterol are great. Aren't they supposed to be scaring me?!? Haha.

I've always had very good blood pressure (sometimes even bordering on low), an average resting heart rate, and good cholesterol, but heart trouble plagues my family, so right now, before it's too late, I'm trying to lose weight and strengthen my heart.

My mile time is under eight minutes now, too. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.