• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like toronto police saying they have video footage of the thrower and are asking them to turn themselves in ... otherwise ... prepare for the social shaming lol

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Jays fans. Your anxiety can briefly subside. Now it's time for my anxiety to kick into overdrive.

Yep - mine too. I still can't believe the Mets are even in the playoffs. Smoke and mirrors. Tape and glue. I tip my hat to TC on a pretty impressive coaching year.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like toronto police saying they have video footage of the thrower and are asking them to turn themselves in ... otherwise ... prepare for the social shaming lol

aka "we have no idea who it is but this seems like a no brainer hail mary"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. If they have a clear image taken from video, they'll likely have an ID within an hour. They're asking them to come in to spare them the fact that their picture will be all over social media.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they have the footage and they will be releasing it to the public if the person doesnt turn themselves in ... i think that person might want to turn themselves in and try to keep this under wraps ... being banned from the stadium for life is probably better than being a social pariah lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's getting more play in the States (not sure), but if Gibbons had mangled that 11th inning like Showalter did (not walking EE and not going to Britton), he would have been roasted.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's getting more play in the States (not sure), but if Gibbons had mangled that 11th inning like Showalter did (not walking EE and not going to Britton), he would have been roasted.

hes getting destroyed but mostly for not bringing Britton in

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes getting destroyed but mostly for not bringing Britton in

I would have walked EE to load the bases as well and taken my chances with Bautista - I know the double play was already in place, but you then set up a force at every base (including home plate) and also you don't give a chance for the AL leader in RBI's to end your season. Just my opinion.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have walked EE to load the bases as well and taken my chances with Bautista - I know the double play was already in place, but you then set up a force at every base (including home plate) and also you don't give a chance for the AL leader in RBI's to end your season. Just my opinion.
Because JB's not a threat?

I get that his career record vs. Ubaldo is brutal but what happens if he pops out deep enough for the walkoff sac fly? Or even if he pops out and no runners advance, Ubaldo then gets Russell Martin who's a career .370 OBP vs. Ubaldo. Shit, JB could've even bunted Travis home. 1 out with the bases loaded against the Jays in an elimination scenario is just as risky as throwing to EE.

Once he got to that point without Britton ready to go he was doomed. The top of the lineup of the 3rd best offence in baseball was up and he went with a pitcher who's had one good month of throwing in the past two years. That was incredibly stupid.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have intentionally hit EE to load them up - then immediately after glared at Bautista on the on deck circle and mouth to him "you're next" - you could have the first batter charging the mound incident where the batter hadn't even reached the batters box yet.

Then again, I'm not MLB mangerial material but it couldn't be any worse than rolling with Ubaldo like Uncle Buck did.

Come to think of it, John Candy >>>> Buck Showalter

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because JB's not a threat?

I get that his career record vs. Ubaldo is brutal but what happens if he pops out deep enough for the walkoff sac fly? Or even if he pops out and no runners advance, Ubaldo then gets Russell Martin who's a career .370 OBP vs. Ubaldo. Shit, JB could've even bunted Travis home. 1 out with the bases loaded against the Jays in an elimination scenario is just as risky as throwing to EE.

Once he got to that point without Britton ready to go he was doomed. The top of the lineup of the 3rd best offence in baseball was up and he went with a pitcher who's had one good month of throwing in the past two years. That was incredibly stupid.

I think it boils down to maximizing your chances to get out of the inning - Say you walk EE to load the bases and JB either hits a slow roller or a high chopper to an Orioles infielder - You still have a chance to go home and record an out. Hey, I realize hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but I couldn't believe the O's actually pitched to EE with their season on the line.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it boils down to maximizing your chances to get out the inning - Say you walk EE to load the bases and JB either hits a slow roller or a high chopper to an Orioles infielder - You still have a chance to go home and record an out. Hey, I realize hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but I couldn't believe the O's actually pitched to EE with their season on the line.
It's just so risky - JB hits grounders less than 40% of the time. If any contact was being made there was such a great chance of it going far enough to score Travis regardless that it wouldn't be worth it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have intentionally hit EE to load them up - then immediately after glared at Bautista on the on deck circle and mouth to him "you're next" - you could have the first batter charging the mound incident where the batter hadn't even reached the batters box yet.

Then again, I'm not MLB mangerial material but it couldn't be any worse than rolling with Ubaldo like Uncle Buck did.

Come to think of it, John Candy >>>> Buck Showalter
It's funny because I ripped Showalter before the game and never in my wildest dreams could I have seen him being this stupid.

But you know who's a real asshat? Jeff Banister. I don't think that guy understands a god damn thing about baseball tactics.

:D

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just so risky - JB hits grounders less than 40% of the time. If any contact was being made there was such a great chance of it going far enough to score Travis regardless that it wouldn't be worth it.

i would have walked Encarnacion in the 11th ... its desperate times at that point with one out ... you have to put the force at every base on, imo ... but in the back of my mind, Id probably know that bautista was gonna end the game just for the fact that they intent. walked Edwin in the 9th to get to bautista and he ended up K'ing ... doubt he would have done that again

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking EE would have been the right move, and so would have been bringing in Britton. It's not just the force at every base thing. It's that, while neither player hits a lot of ground balls, Bautista actually hits more of them and was having the worse season, plus introducing the force at every base.

I mean, first and third with less than two outs is a high likelihood of scoring anyway, so the Jays probably win, but Britton vs. Joey Bats with the bases juiced is a higher chance of getting out clean than Jimenez against Encarnacion with runners at the corners, and that should have been Buck's only concern.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have walked Encarnacion in the 11th ... its desperate times at that point with one out ... you have to put the force at every base on, imo ... but in the back of my mind, Id probably know that bautista was gonna end the game just for the fact that they intent. walked Edwin in the 9th to get to bautista and he ended up K'ing ... doubt he would have done that again
I think it all just boils back down to knowing what kind of position you're getting your team into by allowing an iffy pitcher to face the top of the order. It's the highest leverage situation and who better in such a high leverage situation than an unhitable pitcher? They then woud've had Machado, Trumbo and Wieters to try and get the go-ahead and Britton to close out. Do that, and you can do whatever the hell you want to Edwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.