• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is smart and accurate. That's sustainable, not the product of a system or luck. Unless he gets hurt, I can't see his stock dropping, because it's not the numbers and play of his team that will be scouted, it's how he delivers the football, and he does that very well. I cannot see his draft stock dropping unless he gets an arm injury.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a clue what the NFLPA and the owners have in the works.. but I wonder if his decision (if true) has anything to do with the speculation of a lockout next season?

yup thats a good point ... its why that tub of goo Charlie Weis took the Florida oc job

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is smart and accurate. That's sustainable, not the product of a system or luck. Unless he gets hurt, I can't see his stock dropping, because it's not the numbers and play of his team that will be scouted, it's how he delivers the football, and he does that very well. I cannot see his draft stock dropping unless he gets an arm injury.

not saying they will but if they start 5 freshman on the o line, he'll still produce? This is still a team sport

what if he's forced to run/scramble all year and get outside the pocket and scouts see he struggles with it?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying they will but if they start 5 freshman on the o line, he'll still produce? This is still a team sport

what if he's forced to run/scramble all year and get outside the pocket and scouts see he struggles with it?

Then they'll know he's a pocket passer. But scouts aren't supposed to look at pure numbers. They should only be looking at these things:

1. Throw Accuracy
2. Field Vision/Decision-making
3. Pocket Presence
4. Arm Strength

If he's still delivering the ball on time and on target, which I fully expect him to do, he'll still be a very high draft choice. Even if he gets sacked a bunch and his yards and touchdown stats take hits, his stock shouldn't drop in the eyes of the scouts. If it's the product of poor offensive line play (which I also don't expect, especially if they continue to use that blocking scheme), scouts will see that too.

Just look at Colt Brennan to see how little scouts care about raw numbers.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they'll know he's a pocket passer. But scouts aren't supposed to look at pure numbers. They should only be looking at these things:

1. Throw Accuracy
2. Field Vision/Decision-making
3. Pocket Presence
4. Arm Strength

If he's still delivering the ball on time and on target, which I fully expect him to do, he'll still be a very high draft choice. Even if he gets sacked a bunch and his yards and touchdown stats take hits, his stock shouldn't drop in the eyes of the scouts. If it's the product of poor offensive line play (which I also don't expect, especially if they continue to use that blocking scheme), scouts will see that too.

Just look at Colt Brennan to see how little scouts care about raw numbers.

you make excellent points but i bolded some key words above. I just think there is no where for him to go but down because he's been built up so much that the next step for media and scouts is to find the holes ... and they will do that next year

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, have you been getting heat for your new team avatar on the Sharks board?

Surprisingly no. I don't think anyone has even noticed or if they have, they haven't said anything about it.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey John, Ghost is working on a EWU logo for tomorrow.:D

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I found this while trying to look for This is Sportcenter commercials, I think its hillarious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw this thing on Facebook that seemed pretty cool, but as a rule, I don't do these Facebook things, so I refuse to do it on Facebook. Consequently, I'll do it here.

Essentially, you're making your band and their first album cover. Your band name is the first thing you go to clicking the "Random Article" button on Wikipedia, the title of your album is the last four words in the last quote on the "Random Quotes" page on www.quotationspage.org, and your album art is the third photo on the "Explore the Last 7 Days" option on Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing. Here's mine.

Attachments

• Album.jpg
    Album.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.