• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
John, have you been getting heat for your new team avatar on the Sharks board?

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck returning to Stanford for the 2011 season.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Jim Harbough goes to the Fins.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasselbeck to start Saturday against the Saints.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on the General board, Luck made the safe decision. Barring injury, he won't decrease his draft stock, and due to inflation may even command a higher price next year. It also guarantees that there will be a season for him to play.

Is he going to be a senior next year? If so, that also gets him a degree in case an injury shortens his NFL playing career. And a Stanford degree carries a lot of weight.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on the General board, Luck made the safe decision. Barring injury, he won't decrease his draft stock, and due to inflation may even command a higher price next year. It also guarantees that there will be a season for him to play.

Is he going to be a senior next year? If so, that also gets him a degree in case an injury shortens his NFL playing career. And a Stanford degree carries a lot of weight.

Im not so certain of that ... People were saying he was a generational qb and the comparisons to all time greats were just obscene. Can his aura get any bigger?

What if Harbaugh leaves ... how much influence did he have in Lucks development. Thought I heard his entire starting oline were 5th year seniors this past year. Next year is uncertain. Yesterday is known.

Is there a laundry list of guys who were touted as stud potential qb's that Im completely missing who stayed in school and their draft stock the next year went through the roof. Maybe its just human nature but I can only think of the mistakes (Leinart and probably Locker)

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a laundry list of guys who were touted as stud potential qb's that Im completely missing who stayed in school and their draft stock the next year went through the roof. Maybe its just human nature but I can only think of the mistakes (Leinart and probably Locker)

Only one off the top of my head I can think of is Peyton Manning. And although it took a weird turn or two, Sam Bradford last year.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And although it took a weird turn or two, Sam Bradford last year.

u could say that by getting injured he actually maintained his draft position ... the only question was health and once the doctors cleared the shoulder, the gm's around the nfl could still rely on his performance the year before.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not so certain of that ... People were saying he was a generational qb and the comparisons to all time greats were just obscene. Can his aura get any bigger?

What if Harbaugh leaves ... how much influence did he have in Lucks development. Thought I heard his entire starting oline were 5th year seniors this past year. Next year is uncertain. Yesterday is known.

I don't have a clue what the NFLPA and the owners have in the works.. but I wonder if his decision (if true) has anything to do with the speculation of a lockout next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.