• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz has shown some promise however. Did you know he became only the 2nd NFL player in history to throw for exactly 3,000 yards in a season?

I think the Bills will try to get another high impact WR, a TE, and a LT, and hope that gives Fitz enough weapons to make something happen, and then perhaps worry about a QB at a later time.

I just know the Bills will mess it up somehow is all.

They most certainly will if they stick with Fitz. Quarterbacks can have their sustainability projected by two stats: completion percentage and yards per attempt. Fitzpatrick had a completion percentage of 57.8%. That was 27th in the NFL. His yards per attempt was 6.80, 21st in the NFL.

A winning team needs a quarterback who can complete at least 61% of his passes and throw for at least 7 yards per attempt. Fitzpatrick's never been able to do that. Never mind that his passer rating is only 81.8 (22nd in the NFL) -- and I deem passer rating to be a pretty decent evaluative stat -- he just doesn't complete his passes at a high enough rate for enough yards. And he's 28, so he's likely not going to improve on those numbers very much.

Now, you know more about the Bills' management than I do, but I find it hard to believe that they're that incompetent.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, you know more about the Bills' management than I do, but I find it hard to believe that they're that incompetent.

They took CJ Spiller with the 9th overall pick even though we had more pressing holes to fill, we drafted Aaron Maybin, and the only player from the 2007 draft that is still on our roster is Poz.

And I'm even going to go into the trades and shuffling they did just to get players that became complete busts who got replaced by people off the practice squad. Also a player who we got rid off to the Colts that failed his physical, came back to the Bills, and became a starter.

Incompetent is being too kind at this point.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz has been a major improvement over QB's for the Bills in the past 10 years or so.

If you give him another threat at WR, a good TE that can actually catch, and enough time to get rid of the ball, you will see his numbers improve even more.

Is he going to be a top QB in the League however, no. I just think the Bills don't want to lock up a QB that early in the draft and spend all that money.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you give him another threat at WR, a good TE that can actually catch, and enough time to get rid of the ball, you will see his numbers improve even more.

He had that in Cincinnati. He did nothing with it. I fully expect him to do nothing with it again if he gets it in Buffalo. He's just not that good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think this is a testament to just how bad the quarterback situation has been in Buffalo the last 10 years...

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had that in Cincinnati. He did nothing with it. I fully expect him to do nothing with it again if he gets it in Buffalo. He's just not that good.

To be fair, he became a starter in week 3, and put up some impressive numbers with a 7th round pick Rookie at WR, an unstable o-line, and no TE at all. Not too mention having receivers like Parrish and Evans get hurt, and having a poor running game that really didn't help to open up the passing game at all.

He was on pace to put up numbers at QB that we haven't seen since Jimbo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he became a starter in week 3, and put up some impressive numbers with a 7th round pick Rookie at WR, an unstable o-line, and no TE at all. Not too mention having receivers like Parrish and Evans get hurt, and having a poor running game that really didn't help to open up the passing game at all.

He was on pace to put up numbers at QB that we haven't seen since Jimbo.

Statistical regressions suggest it was all a fluke. If the Bills have a shot at a guy like Andrew Luck in the draft and don't take him, I guarantee they regret it. Very quickly.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistical regressions suggest it was all a fluke. If the Bills have a shot at a guy like Andrew Luck in the draft and don't take him, I guarantee they regret it. Very quickly.

There is a long list of players the Bills passed over that they regret.

Can we at least agree that Fitz's lumberjack look was pretty badass?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later Brian!

And for IPW, speaking of great NFL beards...

postkeisel.jpg

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Luck is there when the Bills are up, I just have a feeling they don't pick him because of the cost involved.

I hope I'm wrong, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. He could be picked in the first 2 spots, or the Bills are offered a deal too good to pass up, and move out of the #3 pick?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Luck is there when the Bills are up, I just have a feeling they don't pick him because of the cost involved.

I hope I'm wrong, but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. He could be picked in the first 2 spots, or the Bills are offered a deal too good to pass up, and move out of the #3 pick?

Is the market really that small? Luck will command a pretty penny, but it's still cheaper to acquire him in the draft than to find comparable production on the market.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the market really that small? Luck will command a pretty penny, but it's still cheaper to acquire him in the draft than to find comparable production on the market.

I'm still shocked they went after TO, but I think that was more to sell tickets than anything else.

Any player that the Bills get that becomes a top player in the NFL, gets traded away because they don't wanna pay a higher amount to keep them.

That's why Donte Whitner will most likely be gone before next season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked they went after TO, but I think that was more to sell tickets than anything else.

Any player that the Bills get that becomes a top player in the NFL, gets traded away because they don't wanna pay a higher amount to keep them.

That's why Donte Whitner will most likely be gone before next season.

So are you saying the market is that bad, or are the owners just cheap and greedy?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying the market is that bad, or are the owners just cheap and greedy?

Both, but the Bills are in a small market that does hurt them a bit, that's why they had to make a deal to play in Canada.

Ralph Wilson has been upset over the way the revenue sharing in the NFL is for years now. It doesn't favor or help small market teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.