• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I need a ruling... is this racist?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
my wife is Chinese (that's not the racist part). My mother-in-law was showing some old elementary school class pictures to my daughter, and my daughter asked "which one's mommy?"
all of the kids (looked like grade 1 or 2) we all in uniform, and my mother-in-law says "I don't know - they all look alike" :L

anyways, I had a good chuckle over it.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my sad duty to inform you, Puck, that your daughter is a little Nazi bastard.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it racist..that I would like to see this picture?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife is Chinese (that's not the racist part). My mother-in-law was showing some old elementary school class pictures to my daughter, and my daughter asked "which one's mommy?"
all of the kids (looked like grade 1 or 2) we all in uniform, and my mother-in-law says "I don't know - they all look alike" :L

Did you laugh then or later? Did she laugh?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not racist if the person who said they all look a like was at least 27% Chinese. Don't. Ask me how they determine the percentage, I don't make the rules.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Did you laugh then or later? Did she laugh?

I laughed right away, but it was a combo of the comment and the fact that she didn't recognize her own daughter.
but she didn't get it anyways (a bit dense, that one)

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL That's awesome! Also congrats puck for passing the 12,000 post mark.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed right away, but it was a combo of the comment and the fact that she didn't recognize her own daughter.
but she didn't get it anyways (a bit dense, that one)

My mother in law has absolutely no sense of humor. My wife and I throw quips at each other all day long and when her mother was visiting she heard me say something (I cannot remember what) and told me that was not a very nice thing to say.
Another time my wife made a wrong turn and made fun of herself being stupid and asked her mother jokingly 'remember when I had to be sent to the special school because I was dumb?'. By her tone anyone could tell she was joking except her mother who responded "No. I think you and your sister make things that now you accept as facts and thats where all of your emotional problems come from!". Finally my wife cut her off and said she was joking.

Fun lady. So 'sad' she lives 1500 miles away and I only see here every couple years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
34dmxsi.jpg

They don't all look alike.......

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother in law has absolutely no sense of humor. My wife and I throw quips at each other all day long and when her mother was visiting she heard me say something (I cannot remember what) and told me that was not a very nice thing to say.
Another time my wife made a wrong turn and made fun of herself being stupid and asked her mother jokingly 'remember when I had to be sent to the special school because I was dumb?'. By her tone anyone could tell she was joking except her mother who responded "No. I think you and your sister make things that now you accept as facts and thats where all of your emotional problems come from!". Finally my wife cut her off and said she was joking.

Fun lady. So 'sad' she lives 1500 miles away and I only see here every couple years.

Holy crap talk about no sense of humor damn ! Comeds you live in Baltimore and she live 1500 miles away but I bet you wish that was 1500 miles east of you. :happyshake:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've submitted your anecdote to John Rocker, puck, I figure you might as well ping an authority on the subject.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's racist, but I just like posting this clip...

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

lol this made me smile.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a predominantly Chinese bar in my neighborhood that me and my friends go to sometimes cause the owners are really laid back and they let us smoke inside and gamble. The female owner there always calls me by the wrong name. There is another girl in our social circle who looks a little like me and this women could never figure out that we were not the same person. I finally asked her why she couldn't tell me and Kate apart and she said all white people look the same to her. :L

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a predominantly Chinese bar in my neighborhood that me and my friends go to sometimes cause the owners are really laid back and they let us smoke inside and gamble. The female owner there always calls me by the wrong name. There is another girl in our social circle who looks a little like me and this women could never figure out that we were not the same person. I finally asked her why she couldn't tell me and Kate apart and she said all white people look the same to her. :L

Was she looking you in the eye or a bit lower cause that is how I distinguish women ...... lol j/k