• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 253667View attachment 253668View attachment 253669Today started normally. Woke up at 6, my buddy walked me to my desk and I cracked the window for him. At 7 he started meowing and couldn’t stand on his feet. By 8 he entered Heaven

7 pounds of pure love. More like a dog than cat, he crawled up on me every night after dinner for 15 minutes. never met a person he didn’t like and greeted everyone who came by.

He showed up 10 years ago as a stray with FIV. Wasn’t supposed to last 5 years. Developed hyperthyroidism a couple years ag. Never changed his personality. Pure love.

I am gutted
Ah hell, sorry man. Sure you had some great years together.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 253667View attachment 253668View attachment 253669Today started normally. Woke up at 6, my buddy walked me to my desk and I cracked the window for him. At 7 he started meowing and couldn’t stand on his feet. By 8 he entered Heaven

7 pounds of pure love. More like a dog than cat, he crawled up on me every night after dinner for 15 minutes. never met a person he didn’t like and greeted everyone who came by.

He showed up 10 years ago as a stray with FIV. Wasn’t supposed to last 5 years. Developed hyperthyroidism a couple years ag. Never changed his personality. Pure love.

I am gutted

Fuck. Been there. Was he a Commie Blue? He looks just like my Indy.

indytower.jpg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've bragged about her before but Choch is my 15 year old Shih Tzu. Wife's sister (who passed in 2015 at 55, ten year breast cancer fighter) Had gotten ours sister three litters previously. Choch was the runt and has a really wonky eye. Like I said, she was the runt in a litter of 5 and her three sisters were sold for $2000 each and her brother went for $2500. Choch was so ugly that we got her for the registration and vet costs for all her shots. $500. The little runt must have been sneaking out and getting steroids from the raccoons or something because she's about 16" high at the hips and weighs about 27 lbs. She was at my heels every day when I retired in 2013 and never left my side until the wife retired in 2018.

Sadly, they can't tell us what they're feeling and Choch was limping badly last weekend nd nothing we did would hlp so I took her to the vet Tuesday night. Antibiotics and prescription pain meds. I did a couple of really wrong things. I gave her a 500 mg naproxen sodium (Neropathy pain prescription) that I cut up and put in her food. That's about 2-1/2 times more potent than the Aleve you buy in the store. The vet said that it should have killed her. 100 mgs of Aleve is deadly toxic to most dogs and 500 mgs is the same as as a bullet. It gave Choch diarrhea.

I think when she checks out, she will have been my last pet. I love animals and they're great company. They're just too hard to let go, even when you know it's time.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a community "pet" count? We have a Great Blue Heron in our marshy area, not exactly affectionate, but it seems to know we're not dangerous and let's us get pretty close.

Last week, it got into some plastic orange netting, and now has it stuck on its beak, preventing it from opening its mouth well. Some wildlife people are coming down from Pennsylvania to capture it and hopefully get the netting off. Herons stay around all winter, so it needs to be able to feed itself better than it can do now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a community "pet" count? We have a Great Blue Heron in our marshy area, not exactly affectionate, but it seems to know we're not dangerous and let's us get pretty close.

Last week, it got into some plastic orange netting, and now has it stuck on its beak, preventing it from opening its mouth well. Some wildlife people are coming down from Pennsylvania to capture it and hopefully get the netting off. Herons stay around all winter, so it needs to be able to feed itself better than it can do now.

Hope they can help the poor bird. :(

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've bragged about her before but Choch is my 15 year old Shih Tzu. Wife's sister (who passed in 2015 at 55, ten year breast cancer fighter) Had gotten ours sister three litters previously. Choch was the runt and has a really wonky eye. Like I said, she was the runt in a litter of 5 and her three sisters were sold for $2000 each and her brother went for $2500. Choch was so ugly that we got her for the registration and vet costs for all her shots. $500. The little runt must have been sneaking out and getting steroids from the raccoons or something because she's about 16" high at the hips and weighs about 27 lbs. She was at my heels every day when I retired in 2013 and never left my side until the wife retired in 2018.

Sadly, they can't tell us what they're feeling and Choch was limping badly last weekend nd nothing we did would hlp so I took her to the vet Tuesday night. Antibiotics and prescription pain meds. I did a couple of really wrong things. I gave her a 500 mg naproxen sodium (Neropathy pain prescription) that I cut up and put in her food. That's about 2-1/2 times more potent than the Aleve you buy in the store. The vet said that it should have killed her. 100 mgs of Aleve is deadly toxic to most dogs and 500 mgs is the same as as a bullet. It gave Choch diarrhea.

I think when she checks out, she will have been my last pet. I love animals and they're great company. They're just too hard to let go, even when you know it's time.

My son is epileptic. And we caution him about carrying his meds around in his hand or pocket.

Every now and then we find one of his pills on the floor, doing it's kitty kibble impersonation.

Pretty sure they'd be tits up if they ever ingested one.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Understand completely. We are down to one 17 year old black cat. Looks a lot like Nim above.

And he hasn’t much time left. Not sure I have it in me to go through it all again.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand completely. We are down to one 17 year old black cat. Looks a lot like Nim above.

And he hasn’t much time left. Not sure I have it in me to go through it all again.

We only just got Indy last January. Out T cat had kidney failure and we had her put down on Xmas Eve.

Daughter was home for Xmas with her 2 cats so we had Nim and her 2 over the holidays.

But first chance I had to get something I stuck like Phil Esposito on a rebound. And we got Indy.

I can't imagine not having a cat. Or 2..

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choch ran out of meds yesterday. Waiting for the Vet to call and I'll be taking her over because she can't stand up.

I think that I'll be saying farewell tonight unless they have something that can give her time without pain and being crippled.

I also think that she knows the end has come.................