• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit day. Woke up cat was fine. was walking across the kitchen and his back end just dropped, he dragged himself down the steps, and behind the couch, got stuck on a lamp wire. Wasnt meowing or anything, but no movement. Took to pet hospital, waited an hour. Cat becoming more and more upset, and in pain. Asked how long they said 3-5 hours!! But that i could drive to another hospital an hour away and they could see me sooner, so i left. ACtually drove to an entirely different place then they suggested. On my way there the place calls me and tells me the place they told me to go said not to come, but to come back and they would have a tech look at my cat, but still no vet for 3-5 hours. Cat is in lots of pain at this point.

Got to other hospital, they took cat right back. Turned out the cat through a saddle clot and had to be put down, just a horrible horrible day. Love your pets folks, because when something happens, they rip your hearts out. That cat has been with my through the most difficult part of my life, and got me through that.

Understand completely. My two are living on borrowed time and it will gut me.

Sorry for your loss.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 13 year Shi-Tzu that was supposed to be a small 5-7 lb. lap dog. She's 14" tall and 26 lbs. She snores like a bulldozer moving earth. Today she started jumping at the kitchen window and bruised her rear leg. Why was she jumping at the window? Because we had a visitor on the front porch..............an adult male Red Tail Hawk walking around pecking at peanuts I'd put out for the birds and squirrels. Needless to say that there wasn't a critter or a bird around for several hours after he left. The first animal we saw was a chipmunk who I think was the original attention getter of the hawk.

My dog is companyand my best reason for going for a walk twice a day, regardless of weather.

Best thing about pets......they don't give a rats ass what you look like or anything else. They love you because you feed them, let them take a shower with you and scratch them where they can't scratch.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mothers dog died a few months ago so Sunday I took her to a Senior Dog Sanctuary to get her a dog. I wanted to make sure she was OK getting a 8-12 year old dog and she said she would be and started talking about her age and her time left so I quickly changed the subject. Anyway we picked up Jack - an 8 year old hound mix that seems very nice. Besides the white face he seems pretty spry for an 8 year old. Three days in and all seems well. IMG_0985.JPG

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out that we have to put down our 16 year old Shepherd cross on Thursday night.

She is just peeing around her area while she is sleeping.

Trying to get my parents to get another one soon but not working well

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out that we have to put down our 16 year old Shepherd cross on Thursday night.

She is just peeing around her area while she is sleeping.

Trying to get my parents to get another one soon but not working well

Sorry man..... All our best...

For your parents. One day at a time .. it's a hard go

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit day. Woke up cat was fine. was walking across the kitchen and his back end just dropped, he dragged himself down the steps, and behind the couch, got stuck on a lamp wire. Wasnt meowing or anything, but no movement. Took to pet hospital, waited an hour. Cat becoming more and more upset, and in pain. Asked how long they said 3-5 hours!! But that i could drive to another hospital an hour away and they could see me sooner, so i left. ACtually drove to an entirely different place then they suggested. On my way there the place calls me and tells me the place they told me to go said not to come, but to come back and they would have a tech look at my cat, but still no vet for 3-5 hours. Cat is in lots of pain at this point.

Got to other hospital, they took cat right back. Turned out the cat through a saddle clot and had to be put down, just a horrible horrible day. Love your pets folks, because when something happens, they rip your hearts out. That cat has been with my through the most difficult part of my life, and got me through that.

Fuck. I feel that pain.

Our 2 cats reluctantly let us sleep in our bed with them. Can't imagine laying awake every night without them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. I feel that pain.

Our 2 cats reluctantly let us sleep in our bed with them. Can't imagine laying awake every night without them.
Trust me that’s the feeling. Every time I’d move I had a head in my face. And a ball of fur buried in my arm pit.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably :badmin: but

M5NVRqX.gif

GOlKNDh.gif

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both gorogeous

Mika passed way too early. One day she was fine, it seemed like the next day drooling, off to the vet, tumor under tongue, no way to fix, had her put down.

After the vet gave her the first shot, she knew something was up and wanted up on my shoulders, her safe spot.

I cried like a baby.... Still recall the fear in her eyes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mika passed way too early. One day she was fine, it seemed like the next day drooling, off to the vet, tumor under tongue, no way to fix, had her put down.

After the vet gave her the first shot, she knew something was up and wanted up on my shoulders, her safe spot.

I cried like a baby.... Still recall the fear in her eyes.
Dude that was a few weeks ago for me. I got yo cat jumped off bed walked across kitchen to go downstairs to litter box and his back end dropped. Dragged himself downstairs and got stuck. Got him to hospital. Through a spinal tumor. No cure. Highly painful, and cuts off circulation to hind end. Got him some morphine so I could hold him for a bit. And held him balling as they put him down. Happened out of no where.