• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got this little guy almost a month ago from the Humane Society here in Birmingham. He's a Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher, a little over a year old. He loves my wife, my lab hasn't killed him yet & he's good with the kids. Been working on his potty training & he's coming around.... It's hasn't been too hard to get him to use those ears & that walnut sized brain.

59291_387030181380799_2012972699_n.jpg

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't post the link right now (work restrictions) but there was a great article that I found today about a homeless guy in Ireland jumping off a bridge into a river and giving mouth-to-mouth to save his pet rabbit who was cruelly thrown into the water by some asshole.

If you can find the article it's worth a read.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't post the link right now (work restrictions) but there was a great article that I found today about a homeless guy in Ireland jumping off a bridge into a river and giving mouth-to-mouth to save his pet rabbit who was cruelly thrown into the water by some asshole.

If you can find the article it's worth a read.

Dublin man jailed for throwing pet rabbit into river | The Sun |News

A CRUEL man has been sentenced to four months jail for throwing a homeless man’s rabbit into a river.
John Byrne, the animal’s owner, jumped into the River Liffey, Dublin, to save Barney the rabbit after he was snatched from his arms.
The 37-year-old gave Barney the kiss of life but sadly he was too late and his pet died in his arms.

“I wasn’t going to leave him there,” he said.
“I had to get him, I had to jump in to get him. Barney died in my arms. I got him under the bridge and gave him the kiss of life.”
They were both rescued by fire fighters and within days John was awarded a Compassionate Citizen Award for helping an animal in need.

Anti-cruelty ... John's pet died in his arms
John, who has lived on the streets for 23 years, also said how shocked he was to see Barney swimming around in circles.
Gary Kearney, 20, pleaded guilty at Dublin District Court to animal cruelty and torture. He also admitted breach of the peace during the incident on 3 July 2011.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody have a holy hand grenade handy?

gMoy8.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man that is heartbreaking. that picture looks strange but I believe the story.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zj89yp.png

Newark, NJ Mayor Cory Booker personally responded to a tweet for someone to help a dog left out on the freezing cold!
It all started when a TV news crew spotted the dog out in the cold. Hours later, when they passed by the same spot again & saw the dog still outside, freezing, they started tweeting the mayor.
People began re-tweeting the messages, and soon enough the mayor was on the scene with the shivering dog.
He not only scooped the dog up and took him to safety - he called the owners & told them it was unacceptable to leave the dog outside in the freezing weather.
You rarely see that kind of personal attention in the big city. Way to go Mayor Booker! “This is brutal weather, this dog is shaking really bad and you just can’t leave your dogs out here on a day like this and go away and expect them to be ok. Hypothermia on any animal including a human animal will set in pretty quickly. So this is very sad, you can just feel the dog shaking pretty badly,” Booker said.