• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I hate the Seahawks so much

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine O'Neal praising the Seahawks mindset during his post game interview following with loss to the Bobcats.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I haven't heard anyone mention this yet: The Niners must have been damn good this year to be one play away from defeating Seattle IN SEATTLE, given how well they played against Denver. The Seattle blowout let's us know how good our team really was/is.

And yes, never been a Peyton fan. I feel guilty disliking the guy so much. He works hard, respects his teammates and opponent, and has overcome adversity. And yet he annoys the bejesus out of me.

What's my problem Heath? :rollseyes:

Other than being an asshole? ;)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good my Seahwks winning upset the OP LOL.

Mark Jackson is no Pete Carroll and that makes me sad.

The funny thing is that their styles, strengths and weaknesses are almost identical. If anything, MJ is superior to PC at clock management, which is arguably the most important skill for a professional sports coach to attain (especially one that doesn't have significant input on personnel decisions). Granted, NBA coaches get roughly three million timeouts, so that is a little easier, but when I see Carroll sign-off on a pass instead of a draw on 3rd and 15 with a lead, under 3 minutes and the defenses he has coached, I laugh wholeheartedly every time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that their styles, strengths and weaknesses are almost identical. If anything, MJ is superior to PC at clock management, which is arguably the most important skill for a professional sports coach to attain (especially one that doesn't have significant input on personnel decisions). Granted, NBA coaches get roughly three million timeouts, so that is a little easier, but when I see Carroll sign-off on a pass instead of a draw on 3rd and 15 with a lead, under 3 minutes and the defenses he has coached, I laugh wholeheartedly every time.

Ha ha ha ha! Bullshit! The only coach that Jackson is better at clock management than is Harbaugh........But then, who isn't? Carroll is among the very best at his profession.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha ha! Bullshit! The only coach that Jackson is better at clock management than is Harbaugh........But then, who isn't? Carroll is among the very best at his profession.

You pick and choose who is a "glorified cheerleader" and who is a "the very best at his profession" based on no facts whatsoever. PC does a lot of things very well. In-game decisions are not his strong suit, much like MJ.

I said nothing of rotations or substitutions (which likely come down to the coordinator in the NFL, anyway), and Harbaugh is fantastic at clock management. I can point to at least 5 USC, Seattle or New England games that were lost solely due to poor play-calling in time management scenarios (where the head coach should veto the coordinator). JH occasionally gets caught using up his timeouts, but that isn't time management from a play-calling perspective, and that mainly happens because he empowers Kap to take a TO if an important play doesn't look set before the snap. Not that PC doesn't do that with Wilson, but that isn't where his time management deficiency usually occurs.

You did watch Carroll hand Vince Young opportunity after opportunity in that NC game, didn't you? Maybe when he gave the ball to Joey Harrington with plenty of time on the clock the year before, seemingly daring the Ducks to never lose to him at Autzen? How about when he almost gave the game right back to the Niners three weeks ago (a game that, once Iupati went down, they suddenly had little business being in)? Can you name a single game that Harbaugh or Jackson lost for their team because of poor clock management? I highly doubt it, but I highly doubt you've watched and understood five sporting events in your entire life.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what's so controversial about that. He's basically saying we're smart as well as skilled, isn't he? What's wrong with that?

It's called humility. The smart people of the world don't have to tell everyone that they're smart, they prove it, others will shower them with praise.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toby you are one of my favorite posters on this site when comes to a rival team ( Niners ) or a team we both like ( Warriors ) you call it as you see it and don't view your team though rose colored glasses.

Anyone that says Jackson is on par with Carroll is either trolling or clueless, Pete hired the G.M. in Seattle he had a total vision for the club and built a winner from the ground up blowing up that Seahawks roster that he inherited. Jackson has been handed one of the best rosters I've seen as a Warriors fan and the club wins in spite of Jackson not because of him.

Pete Carroll has won championships in college and the NFL he's been coaching football for around 40 years and he worked his way up earning everything he got. Jackson was handed the job with no coaching experience whatsoever at any level, because Lacob wanted to make a splash with the club as he and his ownership partner Peter Guber believe in selling fans on the experience of a great time at the game as much as they believe in building a winner.

Pete has an elite understanding of what it takes to win not just in motivation of players but also the implementation of his gameplan and strategy, Jackson is only a motivator who doesn't understand the X's and O's of his game. He isn't even great motivating the club at that look at how the Dubs are not getting up for teams like the Bobcats at home.

As an A's fan I suffered though one Billy Beane's biggest mistakes with a long era of Bob Geren at the helm because of their friendship, the A's were going to be mired in mediocrity with Bob at the helm. I am afraid Jackson is the Warriors version of Geren, how I wish Jackson was on par with someone like Pete Carroll.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby you are one of my favorite posters on this site when comes to a rival team ( Niners ) or a team we both like ( Warriors ) you call it as you see it and don't view your team though rose colored glasses.

Anyone that says Jackson is on par with Carroll is either trolling or clueless, Pete hired the G.M. in Seattle he had a total vision for the club and built a winner from the ground up blowing up that Seahawks roster that he inherited. Jackson has been handed one of the best rosters I've seen as a Warriors fan and the club wins in spite of Jackson not because of him.

Pete Carroll has won championships in college and the NFL he's been coaching football for around 40 years and he worked his way up earning everything he got. Jackson was handed the job with no coaching experience whatsoever at any level, because Lacob wanted to make a splash with the club as he and his ownership partner Peter Guber believe in selling fans on the experience of a great time at the game as much as they believe in building a winner.

Pete has an elite understanding of what it takes to win not just in motivation of players but also the implementation of his gameplan and strategy, Jackson is only a motivator who doesn't understand the X's and O's of his game. He isn't even great motivating the club at that look at how the Dubs are not getting up for teams like the Bobcats at home.

As an A's fan I suffered though one Billy Beane's biggest mistakes with a long era of Bob Geren at the helm because of their friendship, the A's were going to be mired in mediocrity with Bob at the helm. I am afraid Jackson is the Warriors version of Geren, how I wish Jackson was on par with someone like Pete Carroll.

As for singing the praises of Pete Carroll, you are preaching to the choir brother. The man's record speaks for itself.
As for Jackson, his situation reminds me of when Singletary first took over as the 49ers HC. His schtick worked for a while but sooner or later you need some coaching acumen or skill to keep the team winning. It is becoming apparent to me that Jackson simply does not have it. Just look at the keystone Kops routine the team pulls in the final minute of the game when they need a basket or two.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said a second year NBA coach and a Super Bowl Champion NFL coach were the same. I stated that they have similar strengths and weaknesses. PC has always done a great job of evaluating talent and putting great strategic minds around him. While Jackson hasn't had an opportunity to prove that sustained ability, they certainly share the inspirational speaking trait (yet for some reason MJ is "just a cheerleader"). They also share the weakness of needing those strategic minds around them to be successful. Simply because Carroll has had more years of finding ways to dull his weaknesses, does not mean that the approaches, strengths and weaknesses of each coach aren't similar. You both are picking and choosing words that I never typed to create arguments that you can't back up with anything other than feelings and straw men. Your years of experience with disappointment are neither new nor consequential to the future.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for singing the praises of Pete Carroll, you are preaching to the choir brother. The man's record speaks for itself.
As for Jackson, his situation reminds me of when Singletary first took over as the 49ers HC. His schtick worked for a while but sooner or later you need some coaching acumen or skill to keep the team winning. It is becoming apparent to me that Jackson simply does not have it. Just look at the keystone Kops routine the team pulls in the final minute of the game when they need a basket or two.

Singletary is a good call another guy that wanted to push his faith to the forefront as a mask to his inability to coach Singletary was in over his head much like Jackson.

I'm no fan of Harbaugh ( I'd love him if he coached Seattle )but that guy has done wonders with S.F. right away with that club featuring many of the same talented players that were being wasted on Singletary.

Because Harbaugh a real head coach who brings a high level of knowledge and desire to win to the job, I don't believe there is a better coach in the NFL to play for if you are a QB it's amazing what he got from Alex Smith and how he's game-planned so well for Colin to to have success.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pick and choose who is a "glorified cheerleader" and who is a "the very best at his profession" based on no facts whatsoever. PC does a lot of things very well. In-game decisions are not his strong suit, much like MJ.

I said nothing of rotations or substitutions (which likely come down to the coordinator in the NFL, anyway), and Harbaugh is fantastic at clock management. I can point to at least 5 USC, Seattle or New England games that were lost solely due to poor play-calling in time management scenarios (where the head coach should veto the coordinator). JH occasionally gets caught using up his timeouts, but that isn't time management from a play-calling perspective, and that mainly happens because he empowers Kap to take a TO if an important play doesn't look set before the snap. Not that PC doesn't do that with Wilson, but that isn't where his time management deficiency usually occurs.

You did watch Carroll hand Vince Young opportunity after opportunity in that NC game, didn't you? Maybe when he gave the ball to Joey Harrington with plenty of time on the clock the year before, seemingly daring the Ducks to never lose to him at Autzen? How about when he almost gave the game right back to the Niners three weeks ago (a game that, once Iupati went down, they suddenly had little business being in)? Can you name a single game that Harbaugh or Jackson lost for their team because of poor clock management? I highly doubt it, but I highly doubt you've watched and understood five sporting events in your entire life.

The bolded was so ridiculous I did not read any further. harbaugh is the king of not being able to get the play in and called on time. In fact I've never seen anything like the way the 49ers struggle to get a play called on any team in the NFL ever.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Singletary is a good call another guy that wanted to push his faith to the forefront as a mask to his inability to coach Singletary was in over his head much like Jackson.

I'm no fan of Harbaugh ( I'd love him if he coached Seattle )but that guy has done wonders with S.F. right away with that club featuring many of the same talented players that were being wasted on Singletary.

Because Harbaugh a real head coach who brings a high level of knowledge and desire to win to the job, I don't believe there is a better coach in the NFL to play for if you are a QB it's amazing what he got from Alex Smith and how he's game-planned so well for Colin to to have success.

Harbaugh is a little too conservative for my taste. He keeps every game so close by going into a shell when we get the lead that one mistake can cost the team the game. I also think he does a very poor job of adjusting to what a team does during a game when he wasn't expecting it. The 49ers get by on major talent more than anything. But after the series of inept coaches we've had, harbaugh has been a nice change.
As for Singletary, I forgot about that ridiculous cross he wore. He was an embarrassment. The coach I like above all the current crop is Bellicjhick just because he never has the "we do what we do" attitude. he always game plans for each individual team differently and is extremely adept at attacking any weakness of a given team.
For all time innovativeness and outstanding coaches thoug I gotta go with my man Bill Walsh.