• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How I spent my summer vacation?

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amish_buggy.jpeg

No, see, this is about what YOU did on summer vacation. Not what IPW did on HIS summer vacation.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of good stories, but a real paucity of pictures and/or dioramas! ;)

I did drink plenty of Tim Horton's while there too of course.

procedural Q ... i guess the best (only?) way to post "home videos" on SportsHoopla is to set up a youtube account and go from there???? Can videos be posted as attachments on here? anyone know?

the reason I ask is I know 43 really wanted to see that "transvestite-steals-Kyle-Turris's-apple-fritter-donut" Tim Hortons commercial and i have that vid on my phone

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, 43 - sounds like a good trip. Did you sample any wine in the finger lakes? Bring any back to share with everyone here? ;) Visiting colleges - exciting times for 43.5 (that cracks me up, btw).

I too would like to find a nice lake in the North somewhere to retire on when I get old. It's an idyllic little scene with just me, my retriever, and a quiet place with a boat. My yet-to-be-found wife has passed for many years, leaving me with her family's huge inheritance and to chase the hot, local, 40-something divorcees around town. Aaaaahhh. ;)

I have three kids; 43.5, 43.33 and 43.25. We stopped having kids because we thought 43.125 was just too long a name.

Neither me nor the missus is into wine, so no. But we did seek out a hole in the wall New York Pizza place. The "medium" pie was 19". It was crazy good, and the kids learned how to properly fold a slice to eat it. We don't get that here. They get the crust right, but they cut pizza into squares for some unknown reason.

Lake St Clair is not the 40 something divorcees place. Maybe if you're into 60 somethings...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a short road trip in July to Spokane and Coeur d'Alene - Went to an indoor trampoline place in Spokane and Silverwood Amusement Park (yes, it was my version of the Clark W. Griswold family road trip to Wallywood).

The Mrs was preggers with .5 last time I was there. I totally want to go back. I could have sat on the wall looking at the lake in Couer D'Alene for HOURS. One of the more beautiful places on earth. I dug Spokane too. Nice town. Mrs has a friend that lives there.

Okay, who just googled paucity to find out the meaning? You could have used scarcity or dearth, but oh no, the lawyer has to use his fancy words.

:D

Ah. I googled "Paw City" and got dogs in high rises. Damn text to speech programs.

procedural Q ... i guess the best (only?) way to post "home videos" on SportsHoopla is to set up a youtube account and go from there???? Can videos be posted as attachments on here? anyone know?

the reason I ask is I know 43 really wanted to see that "transvestite-steals-Kyle-Turris's-apple-fritter-donut" Tim Hortons commercial and i have that vid on my phone

Some words carry more weight than others.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the only way I know of.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be an old man, suppose I can't be too picky. ;)

Everyone we met was there with their grandkids. Which is right around where me and the Mrs will be when we can afford a vacation house.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I also started a new job this year, and burned my vacation time for my upcoming Sweden trip.
So my wife took our kid on a 2 week alaska cruise (they just got back today). So I spent my summer vacation eating pizza, drinking beer, and watching netflix. feet up.

got in one golf game, too.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also started a new job this year, and burned my vacation time for my upcoming Sweden trip.
So my wife took our kid on a 2 week alaska cruise (they just got back today). So I spent my summer vacation eating pizza, drinking beer, and watching netflix. feet up.

got in one golf game, too.

Sounds pretty nice, Puck.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent all (and by all, I do mean all) of July traveling around Vancouver Island and Lower Mainland with my sons baseball team.

August turned nasty weather wise so I've spent a great deal of it on my synth. I've kind of being doing the last month much like Puckhead; what da fuck.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say the weather this August is probably the nicest I can remember in the MD-DC-VA area in my life. Lots of days in the 70s and breezy. A refreshing change. I only wish I'd played more golf.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No vacation here yet. Just started a new job this year and wont be able to get away until October. My summer just seems like a summer of sitting in traffic on 95.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beautiful summer morning in vancouver today

:wtf2:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say the weather this August is probably the nicest I can remember in the MD-DC-VA area in my life. Lots of days in the 70s and breezy. A refreshing change. I only wish I'd played more golf.

It was pretty mild here too. But we're paying for it now. Tomorrow and Saturday are going to be in the 90s with very high humidity.

Tune into the Buckeye game on Sat. There will be people passing out. Normally I go down just to take in the tailgating early on (a friend of mine has an old school bus with couches, a TV and a Grill). Not gonna bother this year.

Although... The heat will encourage the wearing of even less clothes. Hmmmmm....

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful if you're a duck (lol)

/It has been a great summer in the lower mainland and on the south island though.

it has

last 2 weeks of august is pretty much always like this here though (just in time for the PNE)

but this morning ... yeesh ... its like mother nature is giving us a November 17th sneak preview

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took two weeks off this summer.

The first week I spent researching and almost buying (ultimately decided against it) a vacation home at Adams Lake, BC. The place was beautiful and affordable but came with some uncertainties regarding it's long-term value. It was beautiful though and on the second deepest lake in BC. The deepest point is apparently 500 m (~1600 ft for you Yanks):omg:
It's a beautiful place and this decision may haunt me down the road. :bawling:

adamslake(1)_1285621129_458.jpg

The second week I went the cheap route and visited my parents cabin in Quebec. Golf, swimming, kayaing and boating. Good times.

Last edited by a moderator: