• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Guitar Talk

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ukeleles are awesome, and I throw that dudes album on kind of often.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff... stick with the white. Classic and awesome. Don't Fuck with it!!!!

It only seems like a good idea now.
But it will take away from the sunburst.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... Man, why'd you have to go and say something like that? I am horrible with making decisions. Maybe I should just buy another strat?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you dig the blues right? You're going to dig this new project I am working on. Still need to find a drummer, but I started jamming with a buddy of mine from back in HS, he is a much better lead guitarist than me, but I have great choppy rhythm (like funk muting and shit), we're combining blues rock, funk and jazz/R&B. Heavy emphasis on blues rock though.

Can't wait to really get this rolling and post some stuff on here. He just bought a new laptop with all new recording software, so I'll probably get something up here (rough recording) with me on drums soon.

edit: we have a bassist as well, so if I do get somethingup here soon, it will be me on rhythm geetar and drums. I would do leads here and there, but it'll be mostly him soloing and shit.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you dig the blues right? You're going to dig this new project I am working on. Still need to find a drummer, but I started jamming with a buddy of mine from back in HS, he is a much better lead guitarist than me, but I have great choppy rhythm (like funk muting and shit), we're combining blues rock, funk and jazz/R&B. Heavy emphasis on blues rock though.

Can't wait to really get this rolling and post some stuff on here. He just bought a new laptop with all new recording software, so I'll probably get something up here (rough recording) with me on drums soon.

edit: we have a bassist as well, so if I do get somethingup here soon, it will be me on rhythm geetar and drums. I would do leads here and there, but it'll be mostly him soloing an/QUOTE]

Lil biz can drum for ya
Been to Sam Ash twice recently
Both time I could not get him out of the drum room.
So I may have been wrong pushing things with strings on him.... kid likes the sticks.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil biz can drum for ya
Been to Sam Ash twice recently
Both time I could not get him out of the drum room.
So I may have been wrong pushing things with strings on him.... kid likes the sticks.

lol, I started on the drums as well... Probably why I am better than most people I know at rhythm.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've figured out all the upgrade I will be doing, both in sound and cosmetically. I will start the process later this month and post the pics after. Can't wait. I'll also make a recording after the new pickups are in so you guys can hear the tone.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to get a vintage-y Fender amp next, but I am loving the tone from Laney. I like my Blackstar, and will definitely keep it for that modern tone, but I really want a vintage (British tone) sounding amp for some dirty blues and stoner/psych rock. By this time next year I am going to have a shit ton of instruments and gear, lol.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to get a vintage-y Fender amp next, but I am loving the tone from Laney. I like my Blackstar, and will definitely keep it for that modern tone, but I really want a vintage (British tone) sounding amp for some dirty blues and stoner/psych rock. By this time next year I am going to have a shit ton of instruments and gear, lol.

I just sold my Seymour Duncan 84-40 tube amp with a swapped Weber Blue Dog alnico speaker. The tone was right in between a Vox and a Deluxe Reverb. Damn that was an incredible sounding amp! Unfortunately, focal dystonia has rendered my right hand useless to the point where I can't play guitar; so one handed (and some sporadic use of the other hand) keyboard is now my focus.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got any other guitar shit you're looking to sell?

;)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Happy Birthday, Reverend!

44413_10151211577524261_183683038_n.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
seen a lot of covers of this song. this may be the best

Last edited by a moderator:

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jeff, how's the M-audio Venom treatin' ya?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jeff, how's the M-audio Venom treatin' ya?

It is an interesting instrument, that's for sure. It has quite a few sounds I like messing with, but I need to really learn how to use it technically, and get some of the patches for it. I know they have some good "moog" patches out there that I really want to get.

This thing has a ton of different sounds that are great for electronica and hip hop, but it's capable of getting the sounds I want. Regardless, it's fun to mess around on. I definitely need to work on my playing skills. Haven't recorded anything yet.