• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Guitar Talk

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta get me geetar intonated and cleaned... But not until I get some new pickups.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do y'all think of this quick logo I came up with for the band I am currently forming to really get serious in the Fall... Going to be like a proggy, psych rock mixed with some sludgy post-metal. Lot of acoustic guitar as well. Gonna try incorporating a lot of ethnic percussion.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Altered Course.jpg
    Altered Course.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 46

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altered Course

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do y'all think of this quick logo I came up with for the band I am currently forming to really get serious in the Fall... Going to be like a proggy, psych rock mixed with some sludgy post-metal. Lot of acoustic guitar as well. Gonna try incorporating a lot of ethnic percussion.

attachment.php

Logo looks great, but to be honest, I thought it said something the like "altered cours", too (beer with a shot of whiskey? lol).

Now that I've got a couple of synths, I'm getting back into playing and writing the style of music that first got me into playing -- funk-fusion. I'll post a demo shortly...

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a demo of something I composed entirely on the Yamaha moX6 Workstation Synth. I guess you could call it crossover-jazz-funk-fusion (or something like that).

As well as being completely unmixed, It's a bit of a streamlined piece as the actual composition is about 4 minutes long; this is down to a paltry minute and a half:

4:25 -- 4:25 by yamarolorg on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Edit: there's an ever so slight bit of digital "glitch" at about the 1:09 mark

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll def check it out when I get to my laptop blind, work comp won't open soundcloud.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logo looks great, but to be honest, I thought it said something the like "altered cours", too (beer with a shot of whiskey? lol).

Now that I've got a couple of synths, I'm getting back into playing and writing the style of music that first got me into playing -- funk-fusion. I'll post a demo shortly...

lol, You damn Canadians... I'll fuck with the "E" a little. Thanks though. I stole it from a song from a very influential band.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys checked out this Crystal Dagger pedal I posted? This thing is so fucking awesome. The price is a little steep, but well worth it.

CRYSTAL DAGGER

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to find someone who plays like a mellotron or a wurlitzer or something for this next band I am going to be putting together.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really interested in that '85 Pro CO Rat reissue, but $200 for a disortion pedal is a little much unless it really is that good. None of the local shops have it to demo though. The Pro Co Rat 2 is crap, at least form reviews I am reading, not comparable at all to the original Rat.

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to find someone who plays like a mellotron or a wurlitzer or something for this next band I am going to be putting together.

I have a sampled mellotron synth on my ipad that's very true to the original. The mellotron patches on moX6 are decent, too.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm really interested in that '85 Pro CO Rat reissue, but $200 for a disortion pedal is a little much unless it really is that good. None of the local shops have it to demo though. The Pro Co Rat 2 is crap, at least form reviews I am reading, not comparable at all to the original Rat.

no point in getting a 'new re-issue' at that price, when you can get an actual old one for $50 - $60.
just look for one with the LM308 chip in it.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no point in getting a 'new re-issue' at that price, when you can get an actual old one for $50 - $60.
just look for one with the LM308 chip in it.

Let me know where you shop.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo: I'll watch that site closely.

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and speaking of Mellotrons -- Court of the Crimson King, entirely on an ipad:

[youtube]d4lJW-SWhKI[/youtube]

Pros: very true mellotron emulation
Cons: No fucking midi support; you have to use ipad keys :L

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blind, how good are you on the synth... Rather, how diverse is your playing? I literally know no one here talented on the keys. In the Fall I plan on going into full record mode when I get all the gear I want. WOuld you be willing to record some keyboard/synth parts over my stuff in sections I would like?

If not, no biggy.

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blind, how good are you on the synth... Rather, how diverse is your playing? I literally know no one here talented on the keys. In the Fall I plan on going into full record mode when I get all the gear I want. WOuld you be willing to record some keyboard/synth parts over my stuff in sections I would like?

If not, no biggy.

I think I'm fairly diverse. I did graduate from the Musicians Institute of Technology in L.A. so I'm fairly well versed in a lot of styles. You did mention prog earlier; along with jazz, funk, and jazz fusion, that would be something right up my alley.

If you want to send me a file (.wav .mp3) sometime and let me know what kind of thing you're looking for, yes, I would be willing to add something to the mix with a synth or keyboard part.

I have some very good, diverse gear too -- Yamaha MOX6, Roland Gaia, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and an ipad (mellotrons). I can pretty much capture any sound you'd need.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm fairly diverse. I did graduate from the Musicians Institute of Technology in L.A. so I'm fairly well versed in a lot of styles. You did mention prog earlier; along with jazz, funk, and jazz fusion, that would be something right up my alley.

If you want to send me a file (.wav .mp3) sometime and let me know what kind of thing you're looking for, yes, I would be willing to add something to the mix with a synth or keyboard part.

I have some very good, diverse gear too -- Yamaha MOX6, Roland Gaia, Dimension Pro, Rapture, and an ipad (mellotrons). I can pretty much capture any sound you'd need.

Saweet. I'd leave it entirely up to your creativity as well. I will definitely send stuff your way when I am ready. Like I said, this will be in the Fall. It will be a more laid back, layered prog rock. Like I stated earlier, I want to incorporate like ethnic percussion and stuff as well. The end product should be interesting.

Thanks!