• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Futbol chit chat

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need to get one of Hazard or Mata just to get some creativity in there...

Too late now. Thanks to Wenger and his antics they have the money now but can't buy anyone with the tranfer window closed.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have until August 31st to make a move, there's still time...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case of anyone watching, what an amazing save from Mika the Portuguese keeper for the U20 World Cup.

A one handed stop on the last PK vs Arg.... what a way to finish it!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hazard fits every Wenger preference but the price......I believe he would cost over 20 mil. But if there was ever a time for him to shell out some cash.....I read the crowd was chanting "Spend some fucking money" pretty loudly at the end of the match today.

But he said "no Mata"......I'm guessing his price was exorbitant.

There's word on the street that Mata's valuation is at least 25 million quid, and considering Wenger just doesn't spend that much on a player, it doesn't really surprise me. Seriously, what's the most Wenger spent on one player - Jose Antonio Reyes? JAR was flat out sick, until he got abused by Phil Neville in that game at Old Trafford. Since then, the most Wenger will probably spend on one player is roughly around 14 - 15 million quid. Here's names that would suffice: Mata, Hazard, Jagielka, Cahill, Jadson (from Shakthar Donetsk).

With that said, I just caught the replay on of the game. Truth be told, Song could have easily gotten a red card for his play, but in honesty it seemed as if the ref did a make up call by giving Gervinho the red and Barton the yellow. Both deserved to go, and with Barton's reputation around the league (remember, this is the SAME player who Fabio Capello said would never play for England under his watch), I'm surprised he wasn't sent off.

After watching the game, it's clear Arsenal is going to have to rely on the likes of Arshavin, Wilshere, and Ramsey to get creativity from the central of the midfield. I also mentioned that Fabregas was better than Nasri and today was compelling evidence as to why that is. Although Nasri is gifted, he slowed down considerably in the 2nd half of last season - the grounds crew had more impact on the pitch than good ole Nasri did. Plus, theoretically Arsenal has players in the wings ready to replace him with the likes of Miyachi and Odelade - Chamberlain. Meanwhile, Cesc is a facilitator and makes everybody else around him better. Cesc is Xavi's long term replacement and will be a threat passing that ball to Pedro, Messi, Villa, and my boy, Alcantara.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have until August 31st to make a move, there's still time...

That's true, although if these new signings are to be eligible for Champions League play, they can not be from teams who are playing on Tuesday/Wednesday or else they are ruled ineligible for the rest of the tournament. Knowing Arsenal's list of injuries and inept physio team, they could use the extra help.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention:

Sunday August 14, 2011
1:00 PST
FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid
Spanish Super Cup (analogous to the Community Shield in England)

Thiago Alcantara

Last edited by a moderator:

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but Real is looking so much stronger right now!

Just as I say, it WOW!!!! David Villa! What a goal!!!!! My goodness!!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fantastic goal from Villa. Messi's was a bit luckier, in that RM had three guys pretty much fail simultaneously.....but still almost no one else gets that in.

Seems like Barca is playing a bit different today? Not nearly as much pressing, and defending a lot deeper in general. Sanchez is a ridiculous addition to this lineup......I think the reserves for both of these teams could be like top-25 teams in the world in their own right.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic goal from Villa. Messi's was a bit luckier, in that RM had three guys pretty much fail simultaneously.....but still almost no one else gets that in.

Seems like Barca is playing a bit different today? Not nearly as much pressing, and defending a lot deeper in general. Sanchez is a ridiculous addition to this lineup......I think the reserves for both of these teams could be like top-25 teams in the world in their own right.

Yeah, Messi was lucky to pin ball around those defenders and get in front of goal. And yes, Barca are indeed playing a completely different game today. They seem to be playing more of a counter attacking game as opposed to their typical pass-dominated, buildup game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys cesc fabregas just signed for.barca. I'd post a link but I'm on my freaking cell phone right now.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Fabs just needs to pass the physical tomorrow and it'll be done.

RM is playing more aggressive and created more opportunities than Barca... yet score it tied....

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Obvious card on Valdes there. Missed call.......whoa, looks like the trip on Pedro was probably a penalty as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys cesc fabregas just signed for.barca. I'd post a link but I'm on my freaking cell phone right now.

Yup! Extremely bittersweet for me. Going from one of my favorite team to another. Bitter cos Arsenal needed him way more and he was much more critical to them that he would be to Barca.

Here are a couple of links on the story. Looks like 30MM plus possibly an additional 5MM.

BBC Sport - Arsenal and Barcelona agree to Cesc Fabregas switch

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Fabs just needs to pass the physical tomorrow and it'll be done.

RM is playing more aggressive and created more opportunities than Barca... yet score it tied....

I'd be ecstatic if the scoreline remained as is at the end of the game. Two away goals going back to Nou would be priceless!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious card on Valdes there. Missed call.......whoa, looks like the trip on Pedro was probably a penalty as well.

Valdes got away with a crime there.... the non call on Pedro was due to the missed one on Valdes IMO. Had the ref called the Pedro one, he wouldn't have lived to see the next morning....