• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Euro 2012

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my best friends is die hard mexican and he likes Vela very much.... I think he's more of a Dos Santos fan though.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm pretty sure Arsenal is going to sell Vela, Bendtner and Chamakh this summer. I don't see any of them playing at the Emirates again.

Yeah, I don't see any of them staying, especially if we end up signing Giroud (it seemed like a done deal until his comments yesterday) and more importantly re-signing RVP. I personally am very torn on RVP. One one hand, I would love to see him back. But then again, I feel like this last season was an anomaly when you look at his career with the team (both from an injuries and output standpoint). I don't think he will ever have a season quite like last year. If Man City is willing to pay a ridiculous sum, I think the time to sell him is now though I'd much rather see him be sold to a different league so we don't have to worry about facing him. The incoming cash can be used to fill a lot of other holes.

Vela seems to want to stay at Sociedad, and there are a lot of suitors for Bendtner so I don't think it will hard to sell him.

If we do end up selling all three, AND are not able to sign RVP, we will certainly need to sign another forward or two else we'll be extremely thin on the front line.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Totally agree, if they can get goofy money for RVP I'd say they're selling high and would be worth it. Thing is, Arsenal has enough money to literally buy any replacement, someone younger on the way up........Cavani, or one of the many Brazilians everyone wants like Damiao. The old Wenger would have done it, but now he's a bit more open to criticism.....and he would definitely get killed for selling RVP.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
haha......are you Napoli, or just Serie A fan? Really, with Lavezzi supposedly totally available I'd guess that means Cavani is totally unavailable.....Napoli seems super smart, in good shape financially especially with a profitable Lavezzi sale, and will only sell if/when the prices are right or the player wants out.

But with no CL, you better hope Cavani is loyal. Maybe the most sought-after striker around.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha......are you Napoli, or just Serie A fan? Really, with Lavezzi supposedly totally available I'd guess that means Cavani is totally unavailable.....Napoli seems super smart, in good shape financially especially with a profitable Lavezzi sale, and will only sell if/when the prices are right or the player wants out.

But with no CL, you better hope Cavani is loyal. Maybe the most sought-after striker around.

Cavani fan... he's part of my celeste....

Uruguay!!!!!

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Juve pulled out of the RVP sweepstakes today. Man City said they won't pay more than £15M for him. It's looking more and more likely that RVP will be back at Arsenal, even without a contract extension.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juve pulled out of the RVP sweepstakes today. Man City said they won't pay more than £15M for him. It's looking more and more likely that RVP will be back at Arsenal, even without a contract extension.

I'm not sure I would read too much into the comment Wenger made about Juventus being ruled out, unless you have a more verified source of info. Wenger pretty much ruled Juve out because "Serie A was an 'inferior' league" to the Premiership and hence it would be a step down for RVP. Umm, when did a manager care more about a player's feelings more than money? If the price is right, I bet you the deal will get done.

I am a huge Juve fan and have heard very little from reliable sources about a potential RVP signing so it may end up that RVP does end up staying.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm talking about the Juventus CEO saying that they are not looking for star players but functional players for their system and that they "want motivated players that have an estimated economic value that is proper and not very high." Now obviously this won't rule them out, but I feel that they are looking elsewhere now. Nobody wants to pay £25+ for RVP.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As talented as RVP is, nobody is going to pay a ransom for him due to his string of injuries. He is pretty fragile and the thinking is that not only did Wenger buy possible replacements for him, he finally got smart and found insurance in case RVP does get injured this season.

It would be smart for Arsenal to keep 3 - 4 forwards so possibly Bendtner gets kept. Vela can actually play the wing so I wonder if Wenger could keep him there since Arsenal lacks pace on some of the wing options plus Walcott is also injury prone. What has killed Arsenal in the past few years is lack of depth and perhaps this is the time for Arsenal to keep some players to keep a deep bench. They also need to get cover for Sagna and I don't know if Jenkinson is that kind of player.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the Juventus CEO saying that they are not looking for star players but functional players for their system and that they "want motivated players that have an estimated economic value that is proper and not very high." Now obviously this won't rule them out, but I feel that they are looking elsewhere now. Nobody wants to pay £25+ for RVP.

Thanks for the posting this. I hadn't seen that article and just read it on Calciomercato. I agree, that might just be a bargaining ploy and I surely hope to God we don't end up paying 25+ for him!

We do need some quality strikers though now that we will be playing in the CL in addition to the league and domestic cup. I'm hoping for a Destro transfer :)

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Italy-England game? Super Gigi comes through yet again. First with the one handed save from point blank range and then the penalty save! A thoroughly deserved victory for Italy as they dominated the entire match! Pirlo was definitely my man of the match. Such a sublime performance!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portugal vs Spain

Germany vs Italy

Hmm... Spain over Portugal(would like to see Portugal tho) & Germany over Italy(but this could be a big upset though)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portugal vs Spain

Germany vs Italy

Hmm... Spain over Portugal(would like to see Portugal tho) & Germany over Italy(but this could be a big upset though)

Would be huge but I doubt it happens. I'd put my money on Germany/Spain. That said, Spain better pick it up and find someone to finish or Ronaldo might get some International redemption.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Ronaldo beats Spain? it's pratically playing against Barca for all he knows lol...

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pirlo was definitely my man of the match. Such a sublime performance!

It was absolutely sweet, for all the justified talk of the Spanish passing magnificence, I enjoy the Pirlo style so much more......constant 40, 50, 60 yard passes right on his teammates' toes.

And it shows how England could probably have used a guy like Scholes....the only world-class English point guard, even at 38 or whatever he is.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was absolutely sweet, for all the justified talk of the Spanish passing magnificence, I enjoy the Pirlo style so much more......constant 40, 50, 60 yard passes right on his teammates' toes.

And how about his penalty kick? You need balls of steel to pull off something like that. Though, he could easily have ended up looking like an idiot had Hart not picked a corner.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it shows how England could probably have used a guy like Scholes....the only world-class English point guard, even at 38 or whatever he is.

I think Gerrard is plenty good of a facilitator for England.

Pirlo is real good, but if there's one guy who compares to Iniesta, Xavi, and Fab it's Sneijder.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gerrard is plenty good of a facilitator for England.

Pirlo is real good, but if there's one guy who compares to Iniesta, Xavi, and Fab it's Sneijder.

Since we're talking about mids here, the three players whose careers I am really looking forward to are those of Gotze, Ozil and Pastore. Gotze is going to be a star for a long time!